Thread: Sensotard moments

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Array Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on. I've also forgotten to use deodorant several times, but let's not go into that...

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Haha, no he had boxers on, y'know, those ones that are kinda like short pants so it wasn't obscene or anything. I'm just amazed he didn't notice the cold either because it was a winter's day, must've been about -2░C outside.
    You seem to know a great many details about "this guy"....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You seem to know a great many details about "this guy"....
    Ha, he was my housmate at the time. I was standing by the window daydreaming with my coffee when I saw his car pull in about 8 hours earlier than expected as he got out and walked towards the house with no pants on. It was me who opened the door to his gruff "just shut up, k?" as he ran upstairs, came back down (with pants on) and went to work, take two.
    Ils se d´┐Żmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Ha, he was my housmate at the time. I was standing by the window daydreaming with my coffee when I saw his car pull in about 8 hours earlier than expected as he got out and walked towards the house with no pants on. It was me who opened the door to his gruff "just shut up, k?" as he ran upstairs, came back down (with pants on) and went to work, take two.
    So when he came back suddenly, I guess you were both caught "with your pants down," eh? I just never stop.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I've had several times where I've gotten into the car and driven down the road in pitch black conditions with nothing but my parking lights on. After a few minutes I'd say, "I wonder why the road is darker than it usually is..." And then realize that I forgot to turn my headlights on. I've also forgotten to use deodorant several times, but let's not go into that...
    Check, and check! I usually have deodorant in the door pocket of my car in case it suddenly hits me that I probably forgot to put it on that morning.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've often been out driving while completely lost in my head. I get to my destination without remembering how I got there, at all. A few times, I've actually stood outside my car trying for several minutes to remember the drive...and I just can't. I'm not talking about driving around the corner, either. It's happened when I've driven over 30 miles and through traffic.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I do stuff like forgetting to put lights and wipers on too, or just not noticing when it needs demisting... another thing that happened once was I drove all the way down to London (3 hours from me) before I realized the same song had been repeating the entire journey.
    Ils se d´┐Żmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

I forgot what driving was for once, about nine years ago, while I was driving. I'm not kidding. It was more of a sleep-deprivation-psychosis thing than an N thing, I believe. lol.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Array Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I do stuff like forgetting to put lights and wipers on too, or just not noticing when it needs demisting... another thing that happened once was I drove all the way down to London (3 hours from me) before I realized the same song had been repeating the entire journey.
    Hahahaa. Sensors must get a huge kick out of us intuitives when we do something like that, or they must think we're weird space cases :P. "And now everyone, the best act in the world: oblivious intuitives!" It's amazing that N genes weren't wiped out thousands of years ago by us getting stomped by a woolly mammoth.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    And for some reason, my ENFP twin doesn't seem to nearly so crippled by this phenomenon.
    Funny you should say that... my ENFP brother doesn't either. Well, he has his moments, but somehow... well, maybe his N over S preference is lower? Nah that can't be it, it's sky high, has to be (knowing him as I do).

Maybe Ni is more vulnerable than Ne, and Ne is more vulnerable when coupled with T detachment? I dunno, just a spontaneous theory (*hurries to soothe PT's fraying nerves with promises to research it fully* )

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast