User Tag List

First 1826272829303878 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm rather clumsy physically. My SO thinks I need hocky gear to keep my elbows, knees and head from getting whacked. When I am working on something mechanical I will sometimes leave an important element out of the equation. One time I was spray painting in the basement for a few seconds before remembering the the pilot light on the furnace. I hate that I forget important elements in my surrounding because being good at surviving is important to me.

I also live in constant fear of forgetting important things. I have so many part-time jobs right now that all have separate paperwork requirements in order to get paid. So many names, appointments, etc. I write things down on lists because it causes me so much anxiety to remember that sort of thing. When I get distracted inside my head there is little hope of remembering anything including eating sometimes. I am trying to develop more body awareness because I also let things get out of hand and end up with muscle tension and headaches that probably could be avoided if my body awareness was greater so I would remember to drink water, take deep breaths, eat regularly, etc.

I admire Sensors who can live in the moment and appreciate the sensation and meaning right now. I also admire those who are practical, efficient, and consistent. It is also encouraging to interact with people who have enough level-headedness to not end up with bizarre conclusions about other people or the world in general.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

MBTI
    INFP

That pilot light thing is dangerous, toonia. My husband once forgot and, also while spray painting, had a little explosion which left him looking like a cartoon character right after a firecracker goes off.

Very uncharacteristic for him a he's usually so methodical.

In retrospect it's funny but at the time it was very frighteneing.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I see you're still here and I want to comment on your last paragraph in post #271. I see that with my husband and sometimes he thinks my conclusions about issues are bizarre.

But counterbalanced with that I think he makes judgemnts on people based on their affiliations!

Edit: Or possibly even the kind of car they drive!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Extra special moment today...rolled up the window in the car...moved my head to the right shortly after...hair had been caught in the window.
    Long hair...but still...

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I'll bet the reason for sensotard moments are different for ISTJs, Bella, than they are for INFPs.

You buy two of everything to be practical. We buy two of everything so that hopefully we can find one of them!

My ISTJ had a sensotard moment when he was teaching college. He came home for lunch one day in puzzlement.

"Craziest class. Every time I turned around to write on the board they all started laughing. Couldn't think of what I was doing which was so funny."

As he left to go back to work I glanced up to see he had an athletic sock stuck to the back of his sweater.
    What did he teach, Anja? Does he still teach?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

My ENTP partner had a classic sensotard moment yesterday evening. We're off on our hols to Peru tomorrow, but he couldn't find our brand new expensive digital camera. We turned the house over for two hours in a futile search for the damn thing. The search was made much, much harder by the fact that we still have boxes of his Mum's stuff stacked up everywhere after she moved into a rest home.

Halfway through we both started to lose it: he accused me of making all the mess and added that it was probably me who misplaced the camera in the first place. I pointed out (rather loudly) that I had never even touched the camera since we bought it!

Eventually, he approached me wearing a very sheepish grin, holding the camera in his hand. He had found it in the drawer where it was supposed to be in the first place. Apparently he had turned the drawer over three times without finding the camera - only on the fourth attempt did it pop out of the hyperspace anomaly where it had been hiding.

"Now" he said "all we have to do is find the charger for the camera........."
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I kept trying to drive my car with the engine not turned on this weekend. And then I was trying to drive it when it was in neutral.... I do this a lot, actually.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

All of the little things... Mainly setting something down and in 5 seconds I need it and take 30 seconds to find it. Might be my messiness.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I'm rather clumsy physically. My SO thinks I need hocky gear to keep my elbows, knees and head from getting whacked. When I am working on something mechanical I will sometimes leave an important element out of the equation. One time I was spray painting in the basement for a few seconds before remembering the the pilot light on the furnace. I hate that I forget important elements in my surrounding because being good at surviving is important to me.

I also live in constant fear of forgetting important things. I have so many part-time jobs right now that all have separate paperwork requirements in order to get paid. So many names, appointments, etc. I write things down on lists because it causes me so much anxiety to remember that sort of thing. When I get distracted inside my head there is little hope of remembering anything including eating sometimes. I am trying to develop more body awareness because I also let things get out of hand and end up with muscle tension and headaches that probably could be avoided if my body awareness was greater so I would remember to drink water, take deep breaths, eat regularly, etc.

I admire Sensors who can live in the moment and appreciate the sensation and meaning right now. I also admire those who are practical, efficient, and consistent. It is also encouraging to interact with people who have enough level-headedness to not end up with bizarre conclusions about other people or the world in general.
    Everything you've said here could also apply to me. Although I only have one job (forensic scientist), I can be working on many different cases at once - all with their own paperwork, names, details etc. The only way I can cope is to use an Excel spreadsheet system I devised to manage all my casework, keep track of court dates and enter the results of my analysis for future reference. No-one else in my group uses a similar system, yet they all seem to have no problem coping with the massive amount of detail our job entails.

(With one exception: a person who I'd guess is an Extraverted Intuitive type of some sort - who is an excellent scientist, but takes on so many responsibilities that attention to detail can be a real problem for this person.)

In contrast, I actually get praised for the accuracy of my detail work, which goes a long way to making me feel better about all the effort this requires from my poor, overused Sensing function.

Hey, maybe we should start a thread about the effects of abusing/overusing one's type functions?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

I lose stuff all the time. I buy sunglasses three pairs at a time.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)