• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Asking my friend where my cellphone was, when I was actually on the phone waiting for my dad to answer. Friend said "It's in your hand", I looked at my left hand and it wasn't there, but before I could panic any further my dad answered and I TOTALLY forgot that I was looking for my phone, until a few hours later and realized my epic silliness.

Runner-ups include:

Tapping a blind man on the shoulder and pointing to him a seat with my thumb and going, "There's a seat over there"

Throwing my bra in the rubbish bin and rubbish into the laundry basket.

Grabbing cat food when I actually wanted sugar.

Ordering KFC at the counter and then going off before I had gotten my food.

(Holy shit. I posted this thread on "The Official INTJ Haters' Thread' the first time. A true sensotard moment. I suck)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few days ago the doorbell rang at 11pm. Wondering who could possibly calling so late, we cautiously opened the front door - to see our friendly neighbour with our toy poodle Sammy in tow. I had let him out to go to the toilet over an hour ago and then totally forgotten to let him back in again (not for the first time).

At least the dog had the sense to find a friendly face to help him get back into his own home!

Arghh! Did it again last night! This time a different neighbour found poor Sammy sitting by the roadside looking forlorn. I'm sure it's not a hidden psychological desire to lose the dog (which we inherited when my partner's elderly mother went into a rest home) because I'm very fond of the little perisher. It's just that he sometimes takes a long time to do his business in our garden, and I get bored and start doing chores or something and then my butterfly brain forgets all about Sammy until it's too late.

Note to self: DON'T. LEAVE. DOG. OUTSIDE.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Was just about to have a shower with my pants on.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I am tired, I grab the toothpaste and then reach for my shaving razor. It's only a matter of time until that turns out very badly... :doh:

sculpting

I often put on clothes backwards or my underwear inside out.

Once I was wearing a pair of thong underwear and they were hideously uncomfortable. It was becuase I put them on sideways.

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
How do you put a thong on sideways?

Nevermind, after some extensive research.. I got it.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have totally done the thong thing before I banned thongs from my life. Anyone know where retainers often hide?

Zrenn

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hahaha, this thread is pretty hilarious. I was supposed to sleep two hours ago...

I remember one time in high school, I was walking in for civics class, sat down, the teacher lectured, and then I saw spongebob next to the teacher! :confused:

Then I woke up thinking, "when did i put my head down!?"

Then there was this other time when I was a wee child. There was a pool outside and they thought I could possibly drown while playing outside, so they kept both the doors (screen and glass) closed. One day I saw the pool so clearly and shouted "OUTSIDE!" Then ran smack dab into the screen door--not a glass door--and passed out. I woke up with my foot sticking out through a hole. Oops.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
These are not sensotarded moments(which implies impaired attention deficit disorder), they are just episodes of absent-mindness. Things like these happens to sensors too, f.ex i totally forgot where i had pocketed my money, having not even been physically concious when i stuffed them in my jeans pocket 2mins ago.

sculpting

I have totally done the thong thing before I banned thongs from my life. Anyone know where retainers often hide?

I have concluded there are dimensions alongside our own that lie titghtly curled into our dimension.

Sometimes my stuff crosses the thin boundaries between dimensions and falls into an alternate temporal reality. At some later point the boundaries become thin enough that the item can cross back over again.

So I will spend months trying to find somthing only to have it just lying on the floor one day.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have concluded there are dimensions alongside our own that lie titghtly curled into our dimension.

Sometimes my stuff crosses the thin boundaries between dimensions and falls into an alternate temporal reality. At some later point the boundaries become thin enough that the item can cross back over again.

So I will spend months trying to find somthing only to have it just lying on the floor one day.

Ohh, you've discovered them as well! I call them "pocket dimensions" 'cos they only seem to suck up relatively small objects. Have you noticed how they sometimes move in relation to our own dimension? You know, when an object pops up somewhere it couldn't possibly have been lost.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Like grapes that roll on the floor and disappear forever?

Now that I think about it, wasn't their a Seinfeld episode about this?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohh, you've discovered them as well! I call them "pocket dimensions" 'cos they only seem to suck up relatively small objects. Have you noticed how they sometimes move in relation to our own dimension? You know, when an object pops up somewhere it couldn't possibly have been lost.

I have studied this.

This is due to fairies/pixies/sprites.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Peephole Showdown Clown

Just came back from the gym, which is situated on the second floor of my my building. I normally take the elevator, however at the teasing of my sister, I decided to retract my steps nearing it and follow her by taking the stairs.

My choice was made a minute after she’d left me to laze my way home. So, I take the stairs up to our floor. I go to our door. It’s locked. I am slightly annoyed, partly amused at the audacity of her! because she has my keys, thinking she is further teasing me, so I knock on the door and come up close to it.... making the most bizarre and outrageous faces while widening my eyes....

As my face is up close to the peephole, I zoom closer when I notice that an eye is peering, making my face distort even more (if that’s even possible). I bang a bit while I do so. "Open the door!"

I hear a whisper, “Oh my god...” Male voice. Oh, so it’s my dad? HA!

And just as I thought that... a deep seated and painful realisation struck me....and I look down at the door number to check what I knowingly fear as I hear that faint, almost panicky, voice call out, “I...think you have the wrong door.”

OMFG.

Well, I apolgise profusely... gasping with a horrifyingly sounding laughter.... “I thought this was my door, that my sister....! I’m so sorry!” The indoor air turned to wind as I ran down the hall. Halfway nearing the end, he opens the door to check, I suppose, to ponder at the demon that tried to force itself into his home. Good thing for him I'm real, bad thing for me that all of it was.

I turn back to call out an apology "I'm so sorreeeee!" one more time... and as I run past the elevators to reach the proper section of hallway where my home lies near the end of it, my beloved sister is leaning up against the wall. Her head is turned upwards. She is restraining her reaction, as though praising a higher power that has stricken me down.

I nearly ran past her but I stopped in time to grab at her arm. “You...”

“I THOUGHT IT WAS OURS!” Well no, silly rabbit tricking yourself, it was the exact opposite end but same side.... and the only difference was the middle number which was noticeably failed of being noticed.

Some gasped out Q by her, followed by tearing A by me.

I then fall against the wall, tears streaming down my face. Hard gasps of laughter and I fall to the ground as my sister falls away from my arms to the floor as well. We are dying and drowning in our laughter.

“We can’t trust you with directions,” says my sister after I’d cleansed myself with a shower. Lesson learned. I’m never taking the stairs again after working out.

It isn’t the first time that I’ve mistaken another home for my own... However with this place that was when we’d first moved....and it was only a couple of times that I’d gotten off on the floor beneath mine... they have a dog, whaddya know?

I'm such a clown when I do this. Laughter all around.

Last edited:

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
Peephole Showdown Clown

:yim_rolling_on_the_:rofl1:

Absolutely priceless.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Priceless, I know.

My mother just reminded me that it was April Fool's while laughing herself against a wall. (I now wonder if the females in my family tend to do that). In fact, my day began with her waking me up with a warning that people might try to trick/prank me.

Well, lookie what I did beyond being a Clown, I turned myself into a Fool today too.

Tragically awesome.

Anyone else want to hire a Court Jester? I'm currently free on Thursdays. I've got a whole bag of tricks in wait behind my back to entertain you with. That's right, you'll get to see my blunders before I even notice what I'm doing wrong!

L

Lasting_Pain

Everyday I either say this phrase "I like saying the things I say" or "These are my thoughts on my thoughts." I get it but no one else does.