User Tag List

Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Sensotard moments

Back in middle school, I drank a bottle of Turkey Hill Lemonade everyday with lunch. Normally I would screw the lid back on each time I waws done taking a sip and then shake it up everytime I want to take another sip. Well, I went to drink it in the middle of a lively conversation, forgot to put the cap on previously, shook it up...and well...I remember seeing lemondade sloshing around in the container and flying out the top into my face in slow motion. My friends laughed about that for days.

Yesterday I had a really clumsy day, especially at work. (I babysit.) So as if there isn't enough on the floor (which I don't manage to trip over), I'm tripping over chair legs, shoes, rugs, running into cabinets, dropping stuff. The works.

Last night I'm driving home from college on the highway in the dark and it's raining. I recently learned how to use the cruise control after having this car for a year and a half. So I have it on cruise, I'm going down a stretch of highway, and I'm like "holy crap! how am I staying inbetween the dotted lines?!" It was like I forgot how to drive my car/an out of body experience. All I could focus on was the space between the dotted lines in the 30 feet immediately in front of me. After doing this for maybe 20 seconds with bulging eyes, I finally figure out how to drive again, regain composure, continue on home.

I have also forgotten how to turn off the cruise control, even though my thumb is already hovering over the "cancel" button. I proceed to freak out until I figure it out. I have an adversion to using the break pedal and it never crosses my mind at the right time.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

MBTI
    INFP

This all makes me feel soverymuchbetter.

When we were first married we lived in a basically one-room efficiency appartment. My husband wanted to invite one of his professors and the man's wife to dinner. I was in a rush, got the groceries, put them away, cooked, set the table and was all set.

When everyone was seated I asked people what they wanted for beverages, opened our refrigerator and, there for everyone to see, was the toilet paper sitting on a shelf!

(I later found the milk in the small bathroom closet.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yesterday I had my school bag on my back and then decided my jeans were too loose to not wear a belt, because during school I always lose weight, so I threw a nice leather belt on. Grabbed my car keys, opened the door, went to toss my book-filled backpack into the car, and fell into the vehicle. I had belted in my bag when I put my belt through the loops on my jeans.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Yesterday I had my school bag on my back and then decided my jeans were too loose to not wear a belt, because during school I always lose weight, so I threw a nice leather belt on. Grabbed my car keys, opened the door, went to toss my book-filled backpack into the car, and fell into the vehicle. I had belted in my bag when I put my belt through the loops on my jeans.
    *weeping with laughter*

This would happen to me too.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I just had another one...

I was responding to PinkPiranha's message in my vistor message box and I ended up posting my response in my box instead of PinkPiranha's...oy.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

Mud and rain and chaos... Array TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Talking to a friend on the phone while getting ready to leave the house grabbed my keys, and wallet and spent about 10minutes looking for my phone.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFP

Headstrong, I would never ever consider being a shark. Rumor has it that they regularly get humped by sea cows.

The Green Nazis will murder me for this, but last spring I swam with the manatee. One approached and a chubby man swimming with us quickly made for the shore.

A little girl called out to him, "You don't have to be afraid."

And he hollered back, "Yeah, but it's mating season!"
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Senior Mugwump Array Apollanaut's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I spent hours and hours checking my MSc thesis for typos before handing it in. On the day I had to discuss it with my professors, I suddenly realised that I had misspelt my own name - in big bold letters on the title page!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Headstrong, I would never ever consider being a shark. Rumor has it that they regularly get humped by sea cows.

The Green Nazis will murder me for this, but last spring I swam with the manatee. One approached and a chubby man swimming with us quickly made for the shore.

A little girl called out to him, "You don't have to be afraid."

And he hollered back, "Yeah, but it's mating season!"
    Haha. There could be worse things than being a shark...like being that poor guy had he not make it out of the water.

-George Bernard Shaw

-Plato

MBTI
    intj

I "accidentally" walked into the womens restroom (different locations) TWICE this week...also brushed my teeth with face soap (both are in a white tube).
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast