User Tag List

First 816171819202868 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I was doing a chemistry lab and we were using clay triangles on bunsen burners, etc... and we were cleaning up. And I wondered if the triangle would be cool or hot. And I tried to pick it up. It really hurt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I was doing a chemistry lab and we were using clay triangles on bunsen burners, etc... and we were cleaning up. And I wondered if the triangle would be cool or hot. And I tried to pick it up. It really hurt
    Yeah, I was cured of that tendency when I was 4, once a month getting boiling water spilled on you after 3 times teaches you a lesson.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Often I look for a pen when I actually have it in my hands.

Since I know I'm a space cadet, I've compensated by always keeping my wallet, keys, phone, etc. in the same pockets, and whenever I leave anywhere, I do a bang-bang-bang touch check to make sure they're there.
    Ahah, yeah, I do this too. I'm totally paranoid about losing my wallet.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

It occurs to me that I could also start a thread about ditzy things that I've done, for a supposedly smart person. Like when my car battery died a few years back, and we lived across from an Auto Zone. The AZ guys rolled my car across the street and jumped the battery off. I thanked them, drove back across the street and promptly killed the engine. Yeah, I could hear them laughing from my house.

MBTI
    eNTP

I identify with (too) many of your sensotard moments, these resonate the most:

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I usually have deodorant in the door pocket of my car in case it suddenly hits me that I probably forgot to put it on that morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I often discover bruises on my body with no idea how they got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Anything that's been sitting there for more than about 48 hours becomes invisible, even if I deliberately put it somewhere in the way, like just inside the front door.
    Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Having an opened bottle spill its contents on the floor because I urgently needed to look at my watch or something else grabbed my attention.:
    Quote Originally Posted by welshlass View Post
    Wearing odd shoes
    ... additionally, I do a mental check list before leaving the house, only to return to check that I remembered do what I thought I did but wasn't sure and still too often forgot to do after checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's the problem. Sensors think once, thus acting rashly, and intuitives think thrice, thus spending too much time ignoring reality.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I really enjoyed reading this thread!

My husband (INTP) was wondering why I was sitting at my computer with giggles periodically breaking out, so I had to read it to him as well. We definitely can relate.

Ok so here's a few of mine.

I have issues with remembering to look for traffic when I'm walking with other people. Ever since I was young my friends would get very worried and grab my arm when we came up to a road crossing. "You never look where you're going!" I remember when I was younger being indignant, sure that I was just as aware as they were. It was so bad then I didn't even know I was unaware. I still do it now but at least I realize it, if only after the fact. Good thing I have my husband to look out for me.
    Normally when we go on a walk I don't remember any of it, just the great conversation. Walking seems like a really good way of triggering our Ne.

Another thing, which I'm sure is common to many of you, is I can never remember where the car is parked. Or even how we got there, where we're at, or how we got to the store door, etc. Just yesterday my husband and I were leaving some shops to walk back to the car, he took me past the car, off down the street a block or so completely away from the car parking spots, and stopped in front of a noodle house. I looked around, "We parked over here?" Then after getting some food we were talking about my seriously lacking observational skills on the walk back to the car. After a minute I asked, "So where did we park then?" He laughs and says that yes I definitely am not good at details. It takes me a few minutes, then I realize we are standing right in front of our car.
    I'd follow him over a cliff, not necessarily from loyalty, but because I wouldn't even have noticed it was there!

Oh yea, another one that always cracks up his family (all sensors) is when we make the 6 hour drive (this is all on a rural road, no freeways here) to visit them and not only miss the obvious turn off, but don't even notice until we end up in some city an hour or so out of the way. All the sudden we look out, what the hell are we doing in a city?! Oh shit we did it again
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    yupp

cars I always notice them after I begin to cross the street, which is why I now wait for the singanel. Lose things even if their right in front of me. Put my shirt on backwards and inside out a few times, didn't notice until someone pointed it out. Been knowing to put shoes on the wrong feet. Always forget what shirt I'm wearing. Always forget to turn off the toaster oven.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, I totally didn't notice that prplchknz was purple chickens until someone pointed it out explicitly several months after I'd chatted with her loads on here lol I mean I used to literally have to look her up each time I went to write her name because I couldn't remember the sequence of letters, seemed random hahaha

Driving stuff again... I get to where I'm going and they ask 'how was the journey?' and I'm like 'I don't remember' and they're like 'you only just got outta the car' and I'm like 'yeah... I don't remember'.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I routinely walk into walls, and I also do the whole door thing (if my hand is on the knob it's open... right?) by walking into doors that I haven't even twisted the knob on

yeah- EVERY day I wonder why I can't pull the keys from my ignition only to realize that I still have the car in drive and that it was merely stopped because my foot was on the brake

leaving the stove on when I leave

getting lost while talking and suddenly blurting out something that was relevant 10 minutes before (my mom makes fun of my and my dad's "circular" conversation style)

and I probably brushed my hair last about 6 months ago- that's what fingers are for... right?

this is sad, because I actually have high Se
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I routinely walk into walls, and I also do the whole door thing (if my hand is on the knob it's open... right?) by walking into doors that I haven't even twisted the knob on
    I have my issues with screen doors but that's pretty bad. Walls? How could you mistake a wall for an opening or door?