User Tag List

First 311121314152363 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Man, after reading all of these crazy responses, I'm glad the extent of my sensotardation is pressing the button for the floor I'm already on while getting on the elevator.
    ...unless you're actually so sensotarded that you haven't even noticed all the sensotard moments you have all the time!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...unless you're actually so sensotarded that you haven't even noticed all the sensotard moments you have all the time!
    I'd have to be pretty damn out there, then, and there'd have to be a crew of people following me around to right all of my mishaps and forgetfulness. I haven't noticed them, though. But perhaps that's the sensotardation talking.

*starts speaking out loud to see if anyone answers*

I'll get back to you on that.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Would you call forgetting where you put your shit a Sensotard moment? If so, I'm a permanent sensotard!!!

Also, if I take a walk and my husband is not with me, I totally don't notice anything. Yeah. And when I walk with him - he'll be like, "Hey, look at that!!" I'll be like, "Where?!?!" And he'll say, "There! Right there!...Good god, Carolyn, don't you have eyes?...THEEEEEEEERE!!! No, not over THERE!!! MY GOD! If you had a plate with a cm of meat and a liter of sauce, you'd still look at the plate and say where's the sauce until someone dumped your nose in it!!!!"

Oh yeah, and I won't notice stuff. If someone speaks to me - not necessarily loudly - but I'm in my thoughts - I'll like - JUMP!!!!!!! It'll startle the hell outta me.

I totally won't notice that what I'm wearing looks like shit. And I'll get offended, because someone will tell me like years later - God you looked like shit, but no one bothers to tell me at the time. And then you don't have to say, You look like shit. Just suggest something betta.

Also, I hate shopping. Trying things on drives me bonkers. And honestly, I don't know what the hell TO buy half the time.

And I put things together that most people think is weird for food. (Taste)

I don't smell things half the time. I have also never sensed when the seasons change, unless it gets colder - in contrast to my husband, who totally like smells and senses the seasons change before they do.

In fact, the only time I'm NOT a complete Sensotard is when it comes to my sense of hearing. And even then I don't listen well if I'm in my own thoughts.

Gahhhh!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Would you call forgetting where you put your shit a Sensotard moment? If so, I'm a permanent sensotard!!!

Also, if I take a walk and my husband is not with me, I totally don't notice anything. Yeah. And when I walk with him - he'll be like, "Hey, look at that!!" I'll be like, "Where?!?!" And he'll say, "There! Right there!...Good god, Carolyn, don't you have eyes?...THEEEEEEEERE!!! No, not over THERE!!! MY GOD! If you had a plate with a cm of meat and a liter of sauce, you'd still look at the plate and say where's the sauce until someone dumped your nose in it!!!!"

Oh yeah, and I won't notice stuff. If someone speaks to me - not necessarily loudly - but I'm in my thoughts - I'll like - JUMP!!!!!!! It'll startle the hell outta me.

I totally won't notice that what I'm wearing looks like shit. And I'll get offended, because someone will tell me like years later - God you looked like shit, but no one bothers to tell me at the time. And then you don't have to say, You look like shit. Just suggest something betta.

Also, I hate shopping. Trying things on drives me bonkers. And honestly, I don't know what the hell TO buy half the time.

And I put things together that most people think is weird for food. (Taste)

I don't smell things half the time. I have also never sensed when the seasons change, unless it gets colder - in contrast to my husband, who totally like smells and senses the seasons change before they do.

In fact, the only time I'm NOT a complete Sensotard is when it comes to my sense of hearing. And even then I don't listen well if I'm in my own thoughts.

Gahhhh!!!
    Haha, I can relate to everything you said .

I always try not to fullfill clichees, so I watch it to not wear jogging pants . But yesterday I went with shoulder-long hair, 7-days old beard, a darkblue pullover and a red tshirt looking out, to the gaststation and bought me three beers.

I am wondering like all my life, if I live in "staring town" and my girlfriend has the same issue. Everywhere we go, people seem to stare or to watch and we just do not know why . When I am in public I do not feel that I am looking that different from others (at least not when I have my beard shaved). Maybe it is something about our way of behaving.

When it comes to your husband and you not being dressed rightly, I suggest drop the closes at all. I bet he wont mind

MBTI
    intp

I'm pretty confident I have most of you beat in the sensotard games. Just a few:

1. Looking for earrings I'm already wearing.
    2. Colliding with stationary objects at least thrice weekly.
    3. Having an opened bottle spill its contents on the floor because I urgently needed to look at my watch or something else grabbed my attention. - This happens at least once weekly.
    4. Losing most umbrellas within a few months (at the most) after purchase.

and cosign this:
    I've looked for my pen, only to find it was in my hand. Looked for the lid for my water bottle, only to find it was already on there. I make plenty of those kind of mistakes on a daily basis.

I know i've had sensotard moments but i doubt i could do better (worse?!) than any of you lot. Going in the wrong direction cos i'm too wrapped up in my thoughts. Wearing odd shoes; although in my defence one was dark navy & the other was black. So what if they were different styles as well? Wearing tops inside out or back to front or both. Misplacing my house key before i set off for work (i need the key to unlock my front door to get out), spending time looking for it only to find it in my handbag where i had specifically placed it the previous evening to avoid such a thing. Strangers coming up to me to ask directions (i must look like i know where i am) & a little while after i've directed them i realise i've sent them completely the wrong way. I did that once where i used to live; i had pointed them in completely the opposite direction to where they were supposed to be going.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Man, after reading all of these crazy responses, I'm glad the extent of my sensotardation is pressing the button for the floor I'm already on while getting on the elevator.
    I've done this too often. Kitty not used to elevators.

I seem to have awesome navigation though, indoors and outdoors.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

I get undressed with the intention to put on PJs then put on clothes again instead of PJs. Then ponder what I am doing in the bathroom.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

This is embarassing. I stopped in Nashville to get gas going cross-country, and when I left, drove about 50 miles back the wrong way. I've done worse.

Gotten out of the shower and wondered why the hell my hair felt so greasy. Oh, it's still full of conditioner.

I may have had an intuitard moment as well... I walked in the bathroom one day at work while a female janitor was in there replacing paper towels. I definitely noticed her there, but it wasn't until I was standing at the urinal preparing to do my thing that I realized "Oh yeah, this would be incredibly rude/awkward, wouldn't it??"
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!