• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have my issues with screen doors but that's pretty bad. Walls? How could you mistake a wall for an opening or door?

by being so mentally lost that I just flat out don't notice that there's even a wall there :doh:

I get kind of mentally lost sometimes :blush:

T

ThatGirl

I have decided that Ns dont actually have sensotard moments.

See we become N because we are so in tuned with our enviornments from a very young age that we allow ourselves to progress beyond that. In all actuality we are sensor geniuses from the start.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes I'll be sitting at a stop light lost in thought and I'll start to take my foot off the brake, I guess because I feel like I've been stopped long enough. I usually realize it's still red before I accelerate, though. Other times I'll just sit there at a stop sign, waiting for who knows what. I guess I expect the sign to change color.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I went through about half the day with the "size" sticker still stuck to my new jeans.

V

violaine

I had a great driving instructor, he's one of the few people I've met where we just really 'got' each other immediately. Haha I guess that will usually induce a trance like state in me... it took me 8 lessons to notice he was missing several fingers and a good portion of his left hand. Who knows what I was processing when we were doing "hands at 9 and 3". This was the first time I really started to worry about not noticing the obvious.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :yes: I had a track coach in high school and I'd known him for over a year before noticing that he was missing a finger... to make it worse, I'd actually wondered why we always cut our "5" mile runs short by a mile- he always held up his hand and spread out the fingers and said "this is how many miles we're running"

I felt kind of like an idiot when I learned that he was missing his finger after an exchange student asked "what happened to your finger coach?" :doh:

V

violaine

^ :yes: I had a track coach in high school and I'd known him for over a year before noticing that he was missing a finger... to make it worse, I'd actually wondered why we always cut our "5" mile runs short by a mile- he always held up his hand and spread out the fingers and said "this is how many miles we're running"

I felt kind of like an idiot when I learned that he was missing his finger after an exchange student asked "what happened to your finger coach?" :doh:

ahahah that is sooo funny!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: I laughed hysterically about it after I figured it out... though it took a year

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Something that just happened to me today, I was in university and I was trying to find where the entrance to one of the buildings is (they're all connected to each other), only to realize after ten minutes that I was already in that building. I also managed to try and go down an up escalator in the process.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sensotard moments...hmm

Well, generally speaking I have sensory over-excitability when I walk into new environments - especially if people are staring at me from multiple angles. I've gotten slightly better though. In high school, it was horrible when I was late for class and I'd get a vicious stare from my teacher combined with the class' silence as I made my way from doorway to seat. As a result, I used to bang into a lot of things along the way. But once I'm comfortable and my external sense-stimuli has calmed down, I can just sit there in tune with my intellect and own any shallow sensor in a debate. But until then the sensors have the upper hand.

I'd like to return to this idea of over-excitability for the first few minutes in a new environment because I want viewers on here to understand how bad it is some times. Imagine all your pet peaves combined are occuring in front of you while you also are compelled to be on your best behavior. This contradiction and tension is the best I can explain what the first few minutes are like as I'm adapting to a new environment.

Usehername

On a mission
When I was younger, ESFP BFF and I were the two best on our softball team; we were playing an easy team because we were both on the bench. Playfully spitting sunflower seeds at each other, she spat them at me and I bolted out of the dugout to avoid it and ran directly into the giant metal pole, which happened to have a bolt sticking out directly in the way of my forehead. I got a pretty cool gash out of it and then just pulled my cap down so my coaches wouldn't notice (they wouldn't have let me play the 2nd half of the game that way). Somehow there is no scar despite the fact that it was not properly cleaned and cared for.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I bought myself a new leather western hat and boots for a Christmas present to myself. Went shopping in the mall. Received several amused looks and even a few chuckles. Irritated me. "Haven't they ever seen a woman in a western hat before?" I thought indignantly!

Came home and left it on for a while, avoiding having to deal with hat-hair.

Spouse walks into room, starts to laugh. Dang!

"What? What?"

"Next time you wear your hat, why don't you take the tag off of it?"

Sits in car while husband runs into store. It is a 90 degree day. The windows are up. The sweat starts pouring down my face. Husband comes out. "Why didn't you roll the windows down? You're soaking wet."

"Never thought of it."

Son takes me to his favorite bar for a burger and to play some pool with his friends. This is a very high honor. Anja goes to the bathroom and emerges with four feet of toilet paper hanging from the back of her jeans. Oopsie. . .

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
This thread makes me wonder what disasters would happen if you put a bunch of INFJs in the same room.

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
~Sensotard Alert~

I just had a moment.

*Places eggs in boiling water*

Thinks:

"Take them out in 4 minutes. Might as well read a bit more of Either/Or while I'm waiting"

15 Minutes later

"THE EGGS" :(

Now I have to start all over again.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This thread makes me wonder what disasters would happen if you put a bunch of INFJs in the same room.

Tsunamis, torandoes, earthquakes, meteors raining down from the sky, and odd munchkins running around kicking people in the shins. Or maybe there'd just be a bunch of space cadets blindly running into doors, each other, and table corners. If they're really tired, then you hope to [insert diety here] they do not try to cook anything then go sit and read or watch TV (especially noodles...on high heat...that don't make any loudish sounds when the foamy starch starts to bubble over the edge of the pot). :D

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hm, happened a hours ago...
I was talking with my ISTP friend, when the conversation went like this:
Me: This Thursday is deppressing.
She: Why you say that?
Me: The sky is grayish, and I can't find anything to do...
She: Well... For starters, today is Wednesday.
Me: Oh... well, this Wednesday is deppressing.
She: ... Sometimes I think I hate you.

Frank

Just the other day:

Walked into gas station. Paid for gas. Walked out, got in my car and left without ever pumping the gas.

Frantically looking all over for my cell phone while explaining to someone i was going to be late because I couldn't find it. I was explaining this over the phone(my cell).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dudeeeeeee, I had a total sensotard moment today, and it was rather embarrassing. I'm sure the new person probably thought I was trying to piss her off or something.

Okay, go I go in the kitchen to get a coffee for my student, and I look everywhere for the milk. In the fridge (of course), in the cupboard (we have long-lasting milk here in Germany), everywhere. Then I went to her and asked for more milk. She brought two containers in, and then looked rather pissed off. Then, I thought, Jeez what did I do?

Out of a clear blue sky, I look to my right, and it hit me - the milk was right next to the coffee machine. DOH!!!!!!