User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTJ Anger

MBTI
    INxJ

Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
    I'm not sure I've ever been truly angry. I do get irritated from time to time.

How will INTJs show anger? How do you do it?
    I have never known another INTJ to be angry in person. I usually don't show negative emotions.

How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?
    N/A

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

INTJ descriptions often portray them as perfectionistic, and hard to please, and very hard on themselves and others. Wouldn't that involve a lot of anger?
    Then, there are descriptions like this: Frequently Asked Questions | INTJ Central which also at some points make them seem like the kind you don't want to mess with. But then someone tells me that is not serious.

This is one type there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think INTJ's are quicker to get irritated and grouchy, but are not more angry than any of the NT's.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    INTJ descriptions often portray them as perfectionistic, and hard to please, and very hard on themselves and others. Wouldn't that involve a lot of anger?
    Then, there are descriptions like this: Frequently Asked Questions | INTJ Central which also at some points make them seem like the kind you don't want to mess with. But then someone tells me that is not serious.

This is one type there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on.
    INTJs are often dripping in sarcasm like that link it's basically taking some truths and some stereotypes and amplifying them.

If you wanna use that link though, sarcasm is often our weapon when annoyed;

Q: Is it dangerous to annoy an INTJ?

A: First we will ignore you, then we will launch a volley of extremely witty but esoteric insults that will probably go right over your head, and finally we will just engage the "nod-and-smile" autopilot and go back to ignoring you. Best to leave us alone at this point. If you push us too far we may blow up your head with our telekinetic abilities. So, yes, it can be dangerous to annoy an INTJ.

Perfectionist can be applicable but the big picture is more important than the fine detail, I'm harder on myself than I am others and even then not to the point that I get angry with myself. Frustration is probably more often experienced than outward anger.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
    For INTJs:
    Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
    How will INTJs show anger? How do you do it?
    How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?
    Yes, I've been angered before. Once was due to a guy who was a compulsive liar and was playing mind-games with my best friend (he was her ex), and all of the other times were due to the worst roommate I ever had (just a couple of examples: One time her stupid/annoying boyfriend "accidentally" bleached one of my towels because he decided to use it while dying his hair blonde, another time they were fucking in the next room at 3 am after they'd been up laughing and screaming in the living room till about 1 am ((this was in a very small apartment)) when they knew I had to get up early...I ended up throwing a boot at the wall and screaming at them to stfu)

As for what it was like, it was like every annoyance in the entire world came together to a focus point...kinda like burning ants with a magnifying glass...and I blew up. I don't like being angry. It's tiring and depressing. Sometimes I blow up with the anger, sometimes I get quiet, speak slowly, and use big words. lol

I don't regret any of the instances, though. People get scared when I get angry, which usually ends the anger-causing event.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    As for what it was like, it was like every annoyance in the entire world came together to a focus point...kinda like burning ants with a magnifying glass...and I blew up. I don't like being angry. It's tiring and depressing. Sometimes I blow up with the anger, sometimes I get quiet, speak slowly, and use big words. lol

I don't regret any of the instances, though. People get scared when I get angry, which usually ends the anger-causing event.
    This sounds like the way I tend to be when angry; reminds me of one time I imploded on my younger brother. And here I am wondering why I strike the fear of God into some people...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

There's anger-irritation that I control and that turns into coldness. This isn't superrare. And then there are uncontrolled outbursts of anger that are exceedingly rare. I'm not generally angry at myself very often, I think.

To tell you the truth I could never understand people who want physical fight , smash things , scream .....

Few day ago I had conversation with one guy.

He: OMG! Did you just said a bad word?

Me: No I didn't.

He: Don't play games with me,you said a bad word!

Me: No I didn't

He: Bahh I don't have time for this.

I truly think that I didn't said a bad word.

The fact that the guy who knowns me for 18 years did that speaks for itself.

MBTI
    INXX

I'm wondering if temper is a genetic trait that is unrelated to type. I'm also thinking that socialization plays heavily into how somebody expresses their anger.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

I am generally very cool and logical. It's when I feel backed into a corner that I respond with aggression that may far exceed the perceived threat. My mom's bf swore at my mom while drunk at a christmas party and (quiet me) stood up and whipped a full water bottle with precision across the room and hit him flush in the face. Then his pride was hurt and he wanted to fight me and some guys stepped in to hold him back and after a short jerry springer episode we finally kicked him out of the house. More recently, a guy was coming on very aggressively with his stick at hockey and I shoved him back and then I looked into his eyes and I thought he was going to go so I threw a combo pre-emptively and dropped him before he could sucker me first. (Incidentally, this was beer league hockey and I'm 23 and this guy was maybe 45ish). But after I tried to make amends with him as we were waiting to get in the dressing room because his ego was hurt and in any event I don't like bringing conflict and animosity into the dressing room. Growing up I used to get in fights all the time. In grade six I figure I got in at least one fight per week. I had a lot of anger growing up. I can remember being in grade two and my jewish teacher whom I had a crush on sent me to the office and, for retribution, I drew a big nazi sign in my notebook and when she came to the office to check up on me I tilted it so she could see it. I think a living organism desires above all to vent its strength. If one has an abundance of anger the best thing is to channel it to a positive outlet. I think my underlying anger has been the source of a lot of my achievements in life. The worst trap an angry INTJ can fall into is one wherein that anger and explosive energy is not directed in the right places. Then it will begin to take over our entire worldview and we'll be negative cynical seeds from which nothing good grows. But to sublimate this energy into some type of aesthetic expression is a corridor to true uniqueness.