User Tag List

123 Last

Default You do it, you are the brainiac.

I have one question for NTs.

How often does it happen to you that others give you something to figure it out.

Or do things like this happen to you.
    I am in the group and everybody needs to have a role.
    Then one guy says "He(me) will do the strategy and planning!"
    And the the others then say things like : Of course, who else could be good for the job,nobody. , I fully agree. They even say things like "I think we are going to win this one". The entire thing is arranged in only few seconds and every tme it happens I am like WTF.
    I guess I am not too aware of my social image.

So, how everybody else take this? (I am sure it happens)

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've had it happen many times where my dad has come to me asking me to read something for him relating to bills or legal junk. If it weren't for me, I think my parents would have wildly misinterpreted some of the papers they've gotten in the mail, or been duped by advertising. In school I've worked on group essay/answer questions and such, and everyone in the group has just up-and-out said, "Give us your answers." Haha. They wanted me to make it easy on them, because they knew that half the time or more, I'd already blazed through all of it with a butter knife.

There are situations though when I basically float to the back: any situation involving creation of a project that doesn't just need a brain, but artistic skill. God help me, posterboard projects. I always hated those things. My response to those has always been, "Why can't you just give us an essay or something? Writing's easy! I don't want to make the effort of going around and cutting slips of paper and gluing shit for hours on end, only to have it still look ugly!"

Although, I'm quite happy to do it at some time, especially when it's a team competition kind of thing, because I know that not only is my team winning, but I'm getting brownie points and I'm making a show of myself. Which, for an ENTP like me, is top priority.

If I'm tired though or don't feel like bothering, my response is, "Fuck you, do it yourself," in a rather aloof manner to ward off further begging.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

My family does this when a computer breaks; I've had class mates say the title phrase when I criticize an idea (I then take it, do it all and produce an A). I'm not sorry if this makes any NT's feel unspecial.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Does this bother you or are you like YAY they think I'm smart?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Sometimes I think my dad pretends to be stupider than he actually is to get me to fix his computer.

ThatGirl

Everyone in RL thinks I am dummber than dirt, I prefer it that way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Does this bother you or are you like YAY they think I'm smart?
    For me it all depends on how they say it which will make me feel either or :steam:.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Everyone in RL thinks I am dummber than dirt, I prefer it that way.
    Why do you prefer it that way? My mom (ENTP) is like that too. Only a few close people know how brilliant she really is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

All the time. Most of the problems are boring, so it gets pretty annoying. But there are those rare cases where it's fun.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    For me it all depends on how they say it which will make me feel either or :steam:.

Delivery. I gotcha. I like this one: :steam:

Hahaha.