• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] You do it, you are the brainiac.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have one question for NTs.

How often does it happen to you that others give you something to figure it out.

Or do things like this happen to you.
I am in the group and everybody needs to have a role.
Then one guy says "He(me) will do the strategy and planning!"
And the the others then say things like : Of course, who else could be good for the job,nobody. , I fully agree. They even say things like "I think we are going to win this one". The entire thing is arranged in only few seconds and every tme it happens I am like WTF.
I guess I am not too aware of my social image.

So, how everybody else take this? (I am sure it happens)

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've had it happen many times where my dad has come to me asking me to read something for him relating to bills or legal junk. If it weren't for me, I think my parents would have wildly misinterpreted some of the papers they've gotten in the mail, or been duped by advertising. In school I've worked on group essay/answer questions and such, and everyone in the group has just up-and-out said, "Give us your answers." Haha. They wanted me to make it easy on them, because they knew that half the time or more, I'd already blazed through all of it with a butter knife.

There are situations though when I basically float to the back: any situation involving creation of a project that doesn't just need a brain, but artistic skill. God help me, posterboard projects. I always hated those things. My response to those has always been, "Why can't you just give us an essay or something? Writing's easy! I don't want to make the effort of going around and cutting slips of paper and gluing shit for hours on end, only to have it still look ugly!"

Although, I'm quite happy to do it at some time, especially when it's a team competition kind of thing, because I know that not only is my team winning, but I'm getting brownie points and I'm making a show of myself. Which, for an ENTP like me, is top priority.

If I'm tired though or don't feel like bothering, my response is, "Fuck you, do it yourself," in a rather aloof manner to ward off further begging.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My family does this when a computer breaks; I've had class mates say the title phrase when I criticize an idea (I then take it, do it all and produce an A). I'm not sorry if this makes any NT's feel unspecial. :D

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Does this bother you or are you like YAY they think I'm smart?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Sometimes I think my dad pretends to be stupider than he actually is to get me to fix his computer.

T

ThatGirl

Everyone in RL thinks I am dummber than dirt, I prefer it that way.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does this bother you or are you like YAY they think I'm smart?

For me it all depends on how they say it which will make me feel either :blush: or :steam:.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Everyone in RL thinks I am dummber than dirt, I prefer it that way.

Why do you prefer it that way? My mom (ENTP) is like that too. Only a few close people know how brilliant she really is.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
All the time. Most of the problems are boring, so it gets pretty annoying. But there are those rare cases where it's fun.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah... if it's something I'm good at and I know I have the time to devote to it then I usually volunteer anyway. But when people put me forward - especially without me being there to know about it - I just refuse usually and dig my heels in, and every puppy dog plea that comes my way only stiffens the resolve to dig them in harder. I don't appreciate being manipulated.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
It happens, and I used to just cave in all of the time. Then I learned to feign stupidity, and then to send mixed messages about myself, and then to say no. I actually still send mixed messages about myself though, mostly because I don't think I should put myself out there all of the time.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yup, happens all the time. I'm such a slacker though that it still continually suprises me. I usually enjoy analyzing something and giving my input, but if its labor intensive then I usually just pass it on or procrastinate till they give up. Actually, scratch that if its a friend or someone who I know moderately well I get too annoyed watching them go about something extremely inefficiently so I just jump in.

booya moon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, people at my lab expect me to come up with wild theories for why they got totally unlogical results from their lab-experiments. :doh:
Sometimes, I even manage to do that, so they can write a nice paper :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
LOL nice thread :D.

Yea we recently had in university in our group the excercise to find the right coefficients for a Platin resistance thermometer to form a quadratic equation. Then you can use the thermometer for temperature measurement and pinpoint down the exact temperature by changes in the electrical resistance of the system the Pt is in.

I just did the math via a matrices breakdown, it was clear for my group that I do it :D

http://sn0opy83.sn.funpic.de/ausgleichsrechnung.pdf

I am not really offended by it though. Sometimes I would like to be with someone in a group that has equal intrests. But those times I was, things mostly went bad, due to competency problems and I ended up letting the other one do the job -.- .

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
yes I seem to attract the hideous stuff that everyone else would find too difficult, to date I've not actually been stumped. I'm now so conditioned to hard stuff that the easy stuff is a bit dull, dull dull :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It used to be like that, then I learned to feign stupidity. Then again, I learned to actually be stupid for real, and that's when it ended completely.

redacted

I have one question for NTs.

How often does it happen to you that others give you something to figure it out.

Or do things like this happen to you.
I am in the group and everybody needs to have a role.
Then one guy says "He(me) will do the strategy and planning!"
And the the others then say things like : Of course, who else could be good for the job,nobody. , I fully agree. They even say things like "I think we are going to win this one". The entire thing is arranged in only few seconds and every tme it happens I am like WTF.
I guess I am not too aware of my social image.

So, how everybody else take this? (I am sure it happens)

Oh man, this happens to me all the time and it's quite annoying. I always have to figure out how to divide the check up when I go to dinner with a bunch of people, etc.

And since I'm so focused on interpersonal relations/motivations of people, everyone always asks me what to do in all their relationships or when they have some ridiculous problem with someone.

These people are completely capable of doing most of this stuff themselves -- they just know I can do it faster and they're scared of doing their own work.

(Yeah, I know I'm not NT.)

T

ThatGirl

Why do you prefer it that way? My mom (ENTP) is like that too. Only a few close people know how brilliant she really is.

Its too much trouble. Its a lot like those gaurds that can't laugh and the reaction they get. No one would sit in front of their face acting like idiots if they thought they could laugh. Same concept.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh I'm told I'm not that clever... except when they're computer breaks down or they don't understand something new.. it seems that I am the foremost person in most people's book when it comes to something new. Not sure why.

Mind you it's taken 30 years of my life for my father to ask for my advice. Apparently I'm a web expert too. News to me but I'm coping so far. Nowhere near as bad as when after one smartass remark my boss decided I was a database expert :eek: