User Tag List

First 3456 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

While I like INTPs as architects and designers, I disagree. They assume you can read their minds (which I can to some extent) and they have a distinct tendency to go off on crazy inefficient tangents. They also love to give you vague instructions (after all, everyone knows how this works, I do!) and expect you to recall hundreds of algorithms by their given names. Documentation tends to be poorer with more gaps.

However, the positive that makes it all worth it is the fact that, yes, the idea tends to be sound, and when the complex one they gave you turns out to be a dud, inefficient, missing some step, or otherwise, they will be able to either tell you what is missing or give you numerous pre-thought-out options. They're really poor at selecting from those options, too, unlike us INTJs, who have an innate sense for what is the best solution. I can't even count how many times my mentor asked me to come help him with a problem where he had 3-5 or more possible solutions to the same problem, but he couldn't choose one without some outside help. Usually good discussions, too, because he usually found the vast majority of positives, negatives, and pitfalls for each, but then he also often missed something glaring in one or two because it was a much more interesting way to do it and the question of whether it was possible or if it would work never crossed his mind.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Noah's known at work for his thorough and meticulous documentation. And he's very decisive. See, I can make a sweeping generalization based on one INTP too.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I know it would be hopeless to argue with you, as it would be just like discussions with my mother.

Oh yes, there were some great ones in Vegas, too, but I'm not supposed to speak of what happened in Vegas. I could mention recent events at work, too, but it's also pointless.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I suppose the military is very NTJ, but as far as germanic...who knows.
    Russian marching music while growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Noah's known at work for his thorough and meticulous documentation. And he's very decisive. See, I can make a sweeping generalization based on one INTP too.
    *Cheers on Ivy from the back of the room*
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTJ

I have to admit that I am food for the theory that INTJs are predisposed to Nazi fetichism.

Lucky for me, not only is my SO German, he, um, manifests an irreverent attitude toward his national heritage.

... Unlike his mother (b. 1948), who despite being ENFP could not think of an appropriate response when I obliviously told her that I find that pretty much any sentence in French sounds like a love poem while pretty much any sentence in German sounds like a declaration of war... Try explaining how that could be intended as a compliment.

That reminds me, can the Germans here recommend any good German MBTI books and internet sites?

MBTI
    INTj

My Jewish family name is Reichenbach.

Does that help!?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    My Jewish family name is Reichenbach.

Does that help!?
    not at all.
    dead man talking

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I have to admit that I am food for the theory that INTJs are predisposed to Nazi fetichism.

Lucky for me, not only is my SO German, he, um, manifests an irreverent attitude toward his national heritage.

... Unlike his mother (b. 1948), who despite being ENFP could not think of an appropriate response when I obliviously told her that I find that pretty much any sentence in French sounds like a love poem while pretty much any sentence in German sounds like a declaration of war... Try explaining how that could be intended as a compliment.

That reminds me, can the Germans here recommend any good German MBTI books and internet sites?
    "An exception to this rule is the interesting material authored decades ago by Marie Louise von Franz, who argued that Nazi Germany was the product of an introverted iNtuitive culture (leaning distinctly toward INTJ)"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm interested in Nazism and WWII and so forth, but I don't really hate a particular group.

I notice a lot of Jewish families have German last names, even if they're from Poland, Hungary, or Russia. Are their last names actually Yiddish?