• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
While I like INTPs as architects and designers, I disagree. They assume you can read their minds (which I can to some extent) and they have a distinct tendency to go off on crazy inefficient tangents. They also love to give you vague instructions (after all, everyone knows how this works, I do!) and expect you to recall hundreds of algorithms by their given names. Documentation tends to be poorer with more gaps.

However, the positive that makes it all worth it is the fact that, yes, the idea tends to be sound, and when the complex one they gave you turns out to be a dud, inefficient, missing some step, or otherwise, they will be able to either tell you what is missing or give you numerous pre-thought-out options. They're really poor at selecting from those options, too, unlike us INTJs, who have an innate sense for what is the best solution. I can't even count how many times my mentor asked me to come help him with a problem where he had 3-5 or more possible solutions to the same problem, but he couldn't choose one without some outside help. Usually good discussions, too, because he usually found the vast majority of positives, negatives, and pitfalls for each, but then he also often missed something glaring in one or two because it was a much more interesting way to do it and the question of whether it was possible or if it would work never crossed his mind.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Noah's known at work for his thorough and meticulous documentation. And he's very decisive. See, I can make a sweeping generalization based on one INTP too.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know it would be hopeless to argue with you, as it would be just like discussions with my mother.

Oh yes, there were some great ones in Vegas, too, but I'm not supposed to speak of what happened in Vegas. I could mention recent events at work, too, but it's also pointless.

Langrenus

Noah's known at work for his thorough and meticulous documentation. And he's very decisive. See, I can make a sweeping generalization based on one INTP too.

*Cheers on Ivy from the back of the room*

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have to admit that I am food for the theory that INTJs are predisposed to Nazi fetichism.

Lucky for me, not only is my SO German, he, um, manifests an irreverent attitude toward his national heritage. :wubbie:

... Unlike his mother (b. 1948), who despite being ENFP could not think of an appropriate response when I obliviously told her that I find that pretty much any sentence in French sounds like a love poem while pretty much any sentence in German sounds like a declaration of war... :doh: Try explaining how that could be intended as a compliment. :rolleyes:

That reminds me, can the Germans here recommend any good German MBTI books and internet sites?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
My Jewish family name is Reichenbach.

Does that help!?

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have to admit that I am food for the theory that INTJs are predisposed to Nazi fetichism.

Lucky for me, not only is my SO German, he, um, manifests an irreverent attitude toward his national heritage. :wubbie:

... Unlike his mother (b. 1948), who despite being ENFP could not think of an appropriate response when I obliviously told her that I find that pretty much any sentence in French sounds like a love poem while pretty much any sentence in German sounds like a declaration of war... :doh: Try explaining how that could be intended as a compliment. :rolleyes:

That reminds me, can the Germans here recommend any good German MBTI books and internet sites?

"An exception to this rule is the interesting material authored decades ago by Marie Louise von Franz, who argued that Nazi Germany was the product of an introverted iNtuitive culture (leaning distinctly toward INTJ)"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in Nazism and WWII and so forth, but I don't really hate a particular group.

I notice a lot of Jewish families have German last names, even if they're from Poland, Hungary, or Russia. Are their last names actually Yiddish?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
YES! Not that I've ever been irritated by that particular quality.
Match an INTP with a patient or effective judging personality, and you have got a team. Anything less, and it's a three-legged race.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram