User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Jå, noch I.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I suppose I fit the stereotype a bit, being on the border with INTJ and having an avatar sort of associated with a kind of military.

Are there any actual statistics behind this, or is it just a couple of member names that stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I suppose I fit the stereotype a bit, being on the border with INTJ and having an avatar sort of associated with a kind of military.

Are there any actual statistics behind this, or is it just a couple of member names that stand out?
    No I don't think this topic is so interesting as to merit going out and researching statistics. I just felt like an observation. on INTPc there's abweichend, here we have uberfurher, a Metamorphosis is famed for that avatar. Then there's Acid Goethe the ENTJ, so maybe I should have said XNTJ. There are probably others too. It's quite noticeable.

Also my brother is INXJ, and he loves anything Germanic.
    dead man talking

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Though technically, if any name is English, it would technically be Germanic, ja?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I suppose now is the time to report that I was, last night, listening to the industrial band Einsturzende Neubauten for the first time in months?

MBTI
    INTJ

lol, and I've been listening to Rammstein, Eisbrecher, and E Nomine like non stop...

who knows though...

I like the German language (although that has nothing to do with my avatar), and I'm interested in the military (probably will end up joining).

I suppose the military is very NTJ, but as far as germanic...who knows.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I love Rammstein, Megaherz, Oomph, Das Ich, Falkenbach, Summoning, and E Nomine, myself!

Most of the xNTJs are I've come across are WWII buffs -- though this was mostly through MySpace, which has a big N population anyway...though mostly ENxx.

And I like German because it sounds powerful and intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Though technically, if any name is English, it would technically be Germanic, ja?
    nein! Lots of Latin words too.

The above posts made me feel astute for the first time today. thanks INTJ's.
    dead man talking

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, but the language itself is Germanic. (German has a lot of Latin and Greek words, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yes, but the language itself is Germanic. (German has a lot of Latin and Greek words, too.)
    the language is partly germanic...for example the word "popular"...completely at random...is clearly of Latin origin....so is "senate"..."democracy" is Greek...whether or not there aree similair words in german, I don't know, but they are not "Germanic" by any conventional definition...I would say English is a mix of primarily Latin and then words from Anglo-Saxon which originate from Germany...and the we have the Norman words, which are a different thing altogether...most names of "meat" are derived from the Norman, eg Pork, Beef, Mutton....but the animals, pig, cow sheep, are Anglo-Saxon names (Germanic), due to the French overlords eating the food, while the anglo-Saxon peasants simply worked with the animals. "chicken", being the food of the poor, retained its Anglo-Saxon (Germanic) name.

So not all english names are Germanic. If I call myself Popular_Democrat_Senator, or Beef_Mutton_Porker, that would not be Germanic by any conventional definiton.
    dead man talking