User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Senior Member FallsPioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    ahahah

    I recognize it in others but I never feel the emotion....This leads me to do things that would normally make people awkward, and I can't even tell that what I'm doing will make them feel awkward. ahah
    Sounds like you just don't care about any sort of awkwardness. It doesn't affect you, you see it in other people and do things that by consequence increase the awkward meter.

    It's possible to not care about anger and yet acknowledge it.

    Usually I'm most awkward when I try too hard at something or when I try to be something that I'm not.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

  2. #12
    Member Kayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    IXTX
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    Sounds like you just don't care about any sort of awkwardness. It doesn't affect you, you see it in other people and do things that by consequence increase the awkward meter.

    It's possible to not care about anger and yet acknowledge it.

    Usually I'm most awkward when I try too hard at something or when I try to be something that I'm not.
    I think you may be right.....but who's to know for sure....
    I'm a Musician and a Teacher. Feel free to talk to me about anything =P

    My motto: It's never too late


    I identify with ISTP, INTP, INTJ......the % are so balanced I can't decide.

  3. #13
    Senior Member FallsPioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I think you may be right.....but who's to know for sure....
    Well, I mean....I guess...could be a bunch of things, can't be entirely sure...
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

  4. #14
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Well what I mean by awkward is Ex. There is that moment of silence and normally you would feel "awkward" or "wierd" but Even if I don't know what to say I don't feel the way someone would normally feel.

    Maybe I am using it, I don't really know.
    My awkwardness level depends on how hyper I am at the time of the conversation. If I'm not that hyper, I might feel awkward, and then make a comment and it'll all work out. If I am hyper (and by hyper, I guess, I mean unusually social and bouncy), then I'll ignore the silence, and then an hour later when everything's calmed down I'll go "Jeez! What the hell did I just do?" and stay embarrassed about it for days.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    You never feel awkward because your a super-bot. Congratulations.

  6. #16
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My awkwardness level depends on how hyper I am at the time of the conversation. If I'm not that hyper, I might feel awkward, and then make a comment and it'll all work out. If I am hyper (and by hyper, I guess, I mean unusually social and bouncy), then I'll ignore the silence, and then an hour later when everything's calmed down I'll go "Jeez! What the hell did I just do?" and stay embarrassed about it for days.
    I've done this... I've had my roommate lecture me on the toes I stepped on once we get home. This is why I try not to ingest too much sugar, caffeine, and menthol - Ne comes out of the bag with a vengance.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    / booyalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I recognize it in others but I never feel the emotion....This leads me to do things that would normally make people awkward, and I can't even tell that what I'm doing will make them feel awkward. ahah
    I'm the same way, but at least half the time I know what will make people feel awkward but I go ahead and do it anyway because it's funny.
    I don't wanna!

  8. #18
    Member Kayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    IXTX
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I'm the same way, but at least half the time I know what will make people feel awkward but I go ahead and do it anyway because it's funny.
    ahaha yeah, those moments when you know and do it anyways are hilarious ahah
    I'm a Musician and a Teacher. Feel free to talk to me about anything =P

    My motto: It's never too late


    I identify with ISTP, INTP, INTJ......the % are so balanced I can't decide.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I've slowly developed a lack of care for potential awkwardness when interacting socially. It probably has something to do with an over-inflated sense of my own intelligence, knowledge, and competence, but I would prefer a callous yet confident outward demeanor over a nice yet awkward outward demeanor. Especially when dealing with Judging types; having the ability to decisively throw whatever they are bombing you with right back into their faces seem to increase their respect, if not their friendliness.

Similar Threads

  1. Why do some people feel or think...
    By GIjade in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-25-2016, 01:26 AM
  2. [MBTItm] why do I get the feeling
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 11:37 AM
  3. [INTP] Why do INTPs ignore other people's feelings?
    By rokeziukas in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Why do I get this feeling that I don't know who I am?
    By dee in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO