User Tag List

123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default How rare are NT girls? Does society comdemn this personality type in females?

Most girls I seem to meet are SF's, as well as E's. The party scene is literally littered with them. Not that there aren't a lot of cool ESF's, but I sure wouldn't mind more INT's or NT's in general running around.

Do any of you think society rewards female ESF behavior over that of the INT? I am also wondering how rare they are in reality, I haven't found any stats on the issue.

NT

INTJ – Female: 0.8% ; Male: 3.3%

INTP – Female: 1.8% ; Male: 4.8%

ENTP – Female: 2.4% ; Male: 4.0%

ENTJ – Female: 0.9% ; Male: 2.7%

Source: Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Traits

Never trust one source though however (this one happens to be old, from 1998), different sites tend to vary in their statistics. However, there is a general trend in most of them that there are significantly less NT females than NT males. It has to do with the differences in male and female brain structures/wirings.

**EDIT**: Jackpot:

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Official MBTI statistics are F'd. That's just my intuition speaking, but I trust it with my life every chance I get.

MBTI
    INTP

We are pretty rare. And if you met me in real life, just by chance, you might not realize I was NT, since I tend to chameleon a lot.

Life as an NT woman can generally be summed up like this:

People want you to be softer, less opinionated, less sarcastic, more supportive and maternal. They want you to care about concepts less and social activities more. They want you to spend your whole life dreaming of marriage and children, and pity you if you don't.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

these are some interesting stats. there are supposedly more J's than P in society (slightly), didn't know that. S vs N was kinda obvious, but these stats back it up quite well. they give a 1:2 ratio between N's and S's. that's significant. the F vs T divide in sexes is obvious too. i thought this may be a mainly S thing given the social norms in our society, but the same divide is amongst the N's. how interesting.

the one useful conclusion i've come to is that i'l jump the next N female i meet

Banned
    MBTI
    type

People taking the official MBTI are often doing so for other reasons than self-assessment, such as trying to impress an employer. Why on Earth do you think people test ISTJ more than ESFP?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

That's funny that ENTP is supposed to be the most common form of female NT, because I've known females of the other NT types, but I'm not sure if I've ever known an ENTP female.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    That's funny that ENTP is supposed to be the most common form of female NT, because I've known females of the other NT types, but I'm not sure if I've ever known an ENTP female.
    I have never known any in person.

(Then again, I don't think I've met any other INTP or ENTJ women in person either... just a few INTJs.)

Then again, look at how much "more common" it is.
    Not really that much more at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Society looks well on NF girls, but looks at NF guys as sissies or not macho enough. They seem to think that, well, Talluha said it best
    People want you to be softer, less opinionated, less sarcastic, more supportive and maternal. They want you to care about concepts less and social activities more. They want you to spend your whole life dreaming of marriage and children, and pity you if you don't
    NT men seem to do fine.

SJs and SPs don't seem to have this problem.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    People taking the official MBTI are often doing so for other reasons than self-assessment, such as trying to impress an employer. Why on Earth do you think people test ISTJ more than ESFP?
    It depends on how they do the assess. If it's purely self-scoring, then yes, there's going to be bias (conscious or unconscious) in a situation where you have an idea of what the employer expects and what could happen to you if you do not conform to that. It does no good for people to risk their jobs (potentially) just to "be honest on a personality test."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft