User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish_Cats View Post
    INTJs are crackpots,all facts which don't fit their theories are just wrong. The more all-encompassing and less applicable to reality the theories, the better.Especially INTJ females,only a few people could bear them.

I haven't meet any INTJ females as far.
    Oh I see what you're doing there, clever mise en abîme of your INTJ (female) theory!

Or maybe you're being cynical.

Must know...which fact to ignore.

MBTI
    INxJ

I am primarily in science. This seems to attract more NT XXs than other fields. Cliche, but for a reason. There are quite a few that gravitate towards the subject matter. This is the only area I've met other NTs.

People can find it strange for women to not conform to the standards that this gender is conditioned to. It doesn't matter as long as an NT XX knows how to fake social grace when necessary in order to achieve their goals. There is no reason to feel demonized for not being typical.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

A lot of my girl friends at school are NTs. Then again, I am a science major and thus spend a lot of time with other science majors, so that may skew things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I'm INTJ, and I find that I have close to nothing to talk to other people (in society) about. No one's interested in my interests, and they're mostly horrified that I don't dress up, don't care for personal contact and am obsessed by various academic topics. I don't go out of my way to offend other people, so I'm more or less accepted by the general population (if they actually see me up and about). Exception being my family, which still can't figure out how I ended up so... "independent" and "stubborn". I guess as Booya said, the advantage to being an NT female is that we are Ts, and don't really care about what others think of us. Work is a completely different story.

About 40% of the females at my workplace are NTs. That's probably because it's a university biochemistry department. At first I thought that (based on Aussie stereotypes) it would be a really relaxed and slack working environment. But I was proven wrong, probably because there are a TONNE of NTs in the department. It seems like 95% of the conversation is actually about work and sharing ideas. NTs, male or female, are very accepted. Independence of thought and action is also encouraged. I feel like I'm a genuinely respected part of the group, which is a feeling that I've never had outside the lab before.

There is another female NTJ in my lab, and I completely admire her for her competence. We crack silly jokes with an INTJ postdoc (male) and get along really well - and we all respect each other and don't take criticism personally. There are 2 INT females in the lab next door, one is pretty competitive and uptight. The other is probably closest to me in personality and interests than anyone else at work. We like the same music, the same movies, the same sports... We'd practically be the same person in another universe. The amusing irony is that if either of us weren't INT, we'd probably have a much closer friendship.

The NTs, male and female, usually get along really well in that environment. So yeah. Just jump into a biological sciences department in any university and you'll land on a tonne of NT females, most of whom feel accepted.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

sciences eh? maybe i shoulda kept my maths major. fuck. maybe i'll just jump on that philosophy of science course next semester .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    sciences eh? maybe i shoulda kept my maths major. fuck. maybe i'll just jump on that philosophy of science course next semester .
    That's an Arts student science class to meet their science requirement. (Or, at least at my school.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ

I know a very VERY smart INTJ (or that's what I'd describe her as...maybe INTP). My favorite professor I'd also describe as an xNTJ.

The most amazing woman I've ever known (from high school) as far as I can tell is an ENTJ if there ever was one.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Rare enough to make them hard to find, persecuted enough to make then even harder to find. Thankfully the somewhat congregate.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The only 'NT' girl I think I've seen and can recall (she sits right across from me in class) seems fairly consistent with the norm of a socially integrated individual.

You can tell there's something more, though, beneath the surface, especially when she starts to speak when the more abstract questions are asked in English or History. I remember when we were presenting our summer assignments, one kid did his on Arestotelianism in relation to a book, and it's overall concept. When it came to one of Aristotle's ideas on something about God or life or whatever (I can't remember, exactly), she pipes up with this question in relation to the subject, which demanded more than a one or two sentence answer, and it was well worded and quite inquisitive of her to ask. Whether or not she was just doing it for theatrics or out of honest, intellectual curiosity, it kind of came out of the blue. You don't hear stuff like that very often, especially when it's not commanded or required by an instructor. Everyone in my classes either follows an inquiry or idea the teacher asks and tries to grasp and question it (though not to as great an extent), or just tries to scrape up facts to prove it, since the concept kind of goes over their head, despite their higher grades. (The latter tend to be the more studious, though intelligent, concrete thinkers.) She's also a cheerleader, member of the student council (I think), and some other things that aren't typically applied to the 'NT' stereotype.

So, yeah, I think a lot of the time the NT girls floating around tend to bend with the standards of society, if only to project a more welcoming persona, and to appear less cold or uninviting to the majority of other people, who don't exactly work the same way, mentally.

Then again, there are those girls--probably because they're younger-- who broadcast the fact that they're so different and society is corrupted and that they're cool and wierd and, essentially, smarter than everyone else. Some of it might be true, but the mostly negative feedback towards their behavior either fuels or subdues them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Most girls I seem to meet are SF's, as well as E's. The party scene is literally littered with them. Not that there aren't a lot of cool ESF's, but I sure wouldn't mind more INT's or NT's in general running around.

Do any of you think society rewards female ESF behavior over that of the INT? I am also wondering how rare they are in reality, I haven't found any stats on the issue.
    If you're looking for INTs in the "party scene", you're looking in the wrong place.

Of course society rewards ESF behaviour in females. Society is largely comprised of ESF females - how could it be otherwise? Why would any society reward individuals who have so little regard for it?

I confess, women are something of a mystery to me. I don't enjoy their company or their conversation (although I don't know any female NTs). We have nothing in common, and I am conscious of their judgment which I find intolerable. When I was younger I was certain I should have been a boy, and all of my close friends are male, but usually men find me intimidating or weird or don't find me at all. And I'm too self-sufficient to be bothered.

If so-called feminine attributes (nurturing, creating harmonious relationships/environments, domesticity etc) predominate in females because they are biologically adaptive, it follows that it is not (or has not been) biologically adaptive to be an NT female, for whom such behaviors are alien. Clearly, it is also not socially adaptive, and therefore we would not expect to see many NT females "running around".

We are an aberration...but we wouldn't have it any other way...