• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] why are NTJs so funny?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
specifically INTJs (no shade)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We aren't.

Next..??

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dunno, some INTJs have definitely made me smile.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We aren't.

Next..??

I was thinking less along the lines of you or uumlau and more along the lines of Nico or Edgar. I guess it's a specific kind of INTJ :thinking: But Rex is also hilarious and I know both kinds of NTJs irl who are hilarious. I wanna know the secret to their humor.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking less along the lines of you or uumlau and more along the lines of Nico or Edgar. I guess it's a specific kind of INTJ :thinking: But Rex is also hilarious and I know both kinds of NTJs irl who are hilarious. I wanna know the secret to their humor.

People think we're funny because we're witty, sarcastic assholes.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Maybe they got some sort of humor that shows something ironic?
But I am sure that this is definitely not all of them, but maybe got something to do with character development. The more you acquire, the more material in hand you got.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you look at jokes, its a dominantly thinking ordeal. Its playing with the rationale that makes you laugh.

Ex.

Seeing an attractive woman go down the street, a man says to a friend " I would love to have her; she's a 10!"

The friend replies "I never had a 10, but I had 5 good 2's"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Idk if there is a satisfactory answer, humor is so subjective. :shrug:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

There's this lovely, sharp snark that is usually slightly offensive but amusing that a NTJ can pull off (I see it a little bit in some STJs but that tends to be more observational humor than the deliciousness that is Ni - infused humor). Witty one-liners that aptly point out the irony of the situation... and it tends to be deadpan so you're never 100% sure if they are joking. ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There's this lovely, sharp snark that is usually slightly offensive but amusing that a NTJ can pull off (I see it a little bit in some STJs but that tends to be more observational humor than the deliciousness that is Ni - infused humor). Witty one-liners that aptly point out the irony of the situation... and it tends to be deadpan so you're never 100% sure if they are joking. ;)

yah, and i think that aligns with what [MENTION=3216]Thursday[/MENTION] said above as well. doesn't necessarily have to be one-liners, but it usually is communicated very succinctly and dead-pan. i can see how that aligns with NTJ, although i don't think i see the same in STJs. i have hilarious STJ friends who are funny in their own way but it's definitely different. i wonder how the N/NiSe thing works, especially since that's deals with perception.