User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    nnnn

Hmm, there's loneliness and there's isolation. I'm don't easily feel lonely per so, but emotional isolation can wreak havoc. Deeply alone yet not lonely. It doesn't make you cry or feel sad as much as it eats away at you.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

For me, lonely = disconnected from others, not necessarily alone in a room. I can be completely content with my own company and not be lonely, and I can be in a crowded room and feel completely lonely.

In fact... I'd dare say that I feel MORE 'lonely' around other people because I see all of these other souls that I think I should have more in common with, feel a bond with, and when it isn't there I ache.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    For me, lonely = disconnected from others, not necessarily alone in a room. I can be completely content with my own company and not be lonely, and I can be in a crowded room and feel completely lonely.

In fact... I'd dare say that I feel MORE 'lonely' around other people because I see all of these other souls that I think I should have more in common with, feel a bond with, and when it isn't there I ache.
    I have this issue, though I think I would do better with it if I actually had a place where I do have more connections. Eventually, I guess.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTx

I wouldn't say I feel lonely but I can get depressed if I don't have any contact with like minded people. It's not so much a desire for company as a need to connect on an intellectual level.
    You what?

MBTI
    INTJ

I feel lucky to always have people to talk to, but I could see it being a problem if I didn't. This post reminded me of the lyrics from this song, though:

so many little things followed me
    so many little things that bothered me
    but I found my answer
    from all the chaos that followed me
    I have found my answer
    I've told you before don't follow me
    because I am not your answer

I am not alone, I am not afraid, I am not unhappy
    these are the words I say to myself everyday
    tell me what ritual I should have today
    but I'm not alone
    I've resolved so many things and set myself free

the words I say to myself every day
    such a stupid ritual to have to say to myself everyday
    I'm not alone but I found my answer and set myself free
    I'm not unhappy
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

You didn't give credit to the songwriter.
    Who was it?

MBTI
    INTJ

VNV Nation - Fearless
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes, I do experience intense loneliness sometimes...but not too often and I just tell myself it will pass, and eventually it does.

MBTI
    INTJ

As an INTJ, I feel lonely when my internet connection is down.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Hmm, there's loneliness and there's isolation. I'm don't easily feel lonely per so, but emotional isolation can wreak havoc. Deeply alone yet not lonely. It doesn't make you cry or feel sad as much as it eats away at you.
    see, as an intj with weak Fi myself, its difficult to relate to feelers because they do not dig or connect on an intellectual level, and intj falls in love with brain first, heart second. but i lot of times let off the "big picture" go and do small things that matter to him. he is an infp by the way. and then i tell him " i care for you. i am there for you (giving validation and expressing feelings !!! ) even though i not necessarily FEEEEEEEL such emotions and its extremely difficult to express emotions. and then he finds time and makes effort to understand me. and i dont expect "efficiency driven closures of work" from him. he is a "perciever". but i am happy that he makes an effort to understand me. then he makes attempts to make me "feeeeeel goood: by validating me and giving me complements. sometimes its funny for someone who doesnt crave altruism (unconditional love) but i have to constantly remind my self that that is his way of caring. its different from intj's way of caring " if i care for you, then i will do something useful for you, rather than expressing my feeling. i CHOOSE NOT TO MANIPULATE HIM, although he is like an open book for me. i sacrifice, and let it go. not manipulating is a choice. i do not satisfy his high ideals of unconditional love/friendship tooo, but make SOME EFFORTS to live upto it. even in business and entreprenourship, you hav to invest money first, then you can reap the profit. so are relationships. you have to invest and give first. care first and invest emotions first. TAKE THE RISK OF SOCIAL REJECTION, people are not that bad or stupid after all. that is called maturity. any way smartest people are the loneliest ones, so say all pick up artist and womenizers. ..... but putting others priorities first, and letting go some of the things is a choice that we all have, irrespect of personality types. and few people will definitely respond to your efforts, some wont. but you got to risk that rejection. similarly i when i go to party or trips with sensor friend, i just let the big picture of ACHIEVing anything out of that trip - let go, and try to live the moment, rather than live in concepts, its not easy, but if you make an effort to understand people, an more than just understand , express verbally that you understand them (validation), then a lot of them do reciprocate with such efforts. thats the middle ground of relationship and thats called maturity.