User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 60

  1. #31
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    EDIT: Originally in NF Idyllic, so some posts respond to the original "INFJ" content, not "INTJ". -- Jen

    INTJs - Do you suffer from a recurring sense of loneliness and emptiness?

    I do, and I don't know how to fix it.

    When I feel that way, I feel like it would be so great to have a quiet, private, deep
    conversation with someone, but I can never think of anyone who I could talk to.
    I have thought of journaling, but it leaves me feeling empty because I would like a response.
    I'm not sure if I'm having feelings I haven't identified or dealt with, or what's the matter.
    Frequently, I feel like I'm on the verge of tears all day long.
    I only know that I hate going around feeling that way.

    What do you do?
    Yes, I get this all the time.

    What I do? I hope for the future to have someone to whom I can do the stuff you've talked about with.

    Of course I'm still rather young, so, I guess I might deal with it differently in 10 years if I don't have that type of person in my life.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  2. #32
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I do feel a deep sense of loneliness from time to time. Most of the time, I'm fine, and I just live in my head, and I have friends and family that care about me. But every once in a while, I feel deeply alone, like no one really knows what it's like to be me, and I can't articulate it to others. Prayer, for me, helps in that situation.

    I also think, like Jennifer mentioned, that in an effort to understand myself, I make myself so unique and special in my own mind that I alienate myself from others.

  3. #33
    Senior Member VanillaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Hmm, well, INTJs seem say they feel really accepted and stuff around me and that I make them feel like no one else has.

    So, you could talk to me ?
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

  4. #34
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I do feel a deep sense of loneliness from time to time. Most of the time, I'm fine, and I just live in my head, and I have friends and family that care about me. But every once in a while, I feel deeply alone, like no one really knows what it's like to be me, and I can't articulate it to others. Prayer, for me, helps in that situation.

    I also think, like Jennifer mentioned, that in an effort to understand myself, I make myself so unique and special in my own mind that I alienate myself from others.
    I can relate to that.

    I think I met an INTJ today.

    He's down on his luck, and all I did was listen to him and validate his feelings. He thanked me profusely for being such a big help. See. That's all an INTJ really needs.

  5. #35
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    Hmm, well, INTJs seem say they feel really accepted and stuff around me and that I make them feel like no one else has.

    So, you could talk to me ?
    That's really cool.
    I like ENFPs. Lots of fun.

    I think I'd feel kind of awkward telling you the secrets of my soul before I even know you.
    I guess the "someone to talk to" needs to be someone who knows me.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default "I am lonely but not alone"

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    EDIT: Originally in NF Idyllic, so some posts respond to the original "INFJ" content, not "INTJ". -- Jen

    INTJs - Do you suffer from a recurring sense of loneliness and emptiness?

    I do, and I don't know how to fix it.

    When I feel that way, I feel like it would be so great to have a quiet, private, deep
    conversation with someone, but I can never think of anyone who I could talk to.
    I have thought of journaling, but it leaves me feeling empty because I would like a response.
    I'm not sure if I'm having feelings I haven't identified or dealt with, or what's the matter.
    Frequently, I feel like I'm on the verge of tears all day long.
    I only know that I hate going around feeling that way.

    What do you do?
    As much as your post resonated with me, I doubt it is a specifically INTJ phenomenon. Feeling lonely is more like a human thing. It tells you that you are in touch with your emotions and that there is a divide between your inner self and outer environment. Sadly, I don't think it can be remedied unless one can fully integrate oneself into the outer world, where the inner and outer selves become one. It's hard to explain.

    I feel the least lonely when I can be myself around other people. It's similar to that sensation of being so alive when I've surpassed my personal boundaries and fears and am just taking wild chances without knowing how they will turn out. When I feel completely true to who I am, even small talk loses its usual emptiness. I found out, surprisingly, that I actually really like people and enjoy getting to know them, the fact that I felt so alone in the midst of them was because I wouldn't allow myself to simply be me. I was trying to "fit a square into a circle," living by others' standards and trying to communicate their way. Never worked out.

    As for finding someone to have an in depth conversation with, I don't think I've ever found such a person. How can I expect the other person to know what I'm interested in? There is no way they can know or figure out what engages me intellectually and emotionally. I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but I find my answer to emptiness in talking to strangers and letting people surprise me.

  7. #37
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I know my posts do not really contribute to ANY situation .

    But I just wanted you INTJ and INFJ's to now that you have got at least one fan

    [YOUTUBE="4ezR1ijzoPE"]Mind of the Wonderful[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Sometimes

  9. #39
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I know my posts do not really contribute to ANY situation .

    But I just wanted you INTJ and INFJ's to now that you have got at least one fan

    Mind of the Wonderful
    That was beautiful.

    Thank you.



    Darn hormones.

  10. #40
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Sometimes
    Answered like a true INTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJs - Do you think by way of images more than words?
    By highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 11:23 AM
  2. Do You Suffer From Decision Fatigue?
    By Vasilisa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ: Do you/they resermble the descriptions?
    By plaminal in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ: Do you consider finding the perfect relationship #1 of your priorities?
    By jcloudz in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJs, do you gain more pleasure out of feelings or thoughts?
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO