Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ube, I was pretty much asking for healthy ways of dealing with the feelings! LOL!
    Take a Vitamin B-Complex supplement. That's been known to help with the moods associated with loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Take a Vitamin B-Complex supplement. That's been known to help with the moods associated with loneliness.
    Thank you, Luv.
    I will try that.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

EDIT: Originally in NF Idyllic, so some posts respond to the original "INFJ" content, not "INTJ". -- Jen

INTJs - Do you suffer from a recurring sense of loneliness and emptiness?

I do, and I don't know how to fix it.

When I feel that way, I feel like it would be so great to have a quiet, private, deep
    conversation with someone, but I can never think of anyone who I could talk to.
    I have thought of journaling, but it leaves me feeling empty because I would like a response.
    I'm not sure if I'm having feelings I haven't identified or dealt with, or what's the matter.
    Frequently, I feel like I'm on the verge of tears all day long.
    I only know that I hate going around feeling that way.

What do you do?
    I do not claim to be "intj", but I can definitely relate (except for the crying, and frequency part). I always find strength from within, from constructive thoughts. Change always begins there.
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

MBTI
    INTj

I have never felt lonely, but when I reflect, I realize that I have no one with whom I can interact with on a deep level.

I will need to start sifting through more people.

MBTI
    INTJ

As an INTJ who lives off the independent streak, once in awhile I have to feel the opposite for balance (I'm human) and it does hit me hard for a day or two. I just go out and be extroverted to balance it. However, on a mental companionship level, I've been lonely quiet a while and it does bug me at times. Having someone who will listen and care about your ideas, and share her own...yeah be nice but not the best luck in the direct area I live.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Yeah, I'm basically lonely most of the time, even around my friends. The trick is to find someone else who "gets it". Unfortunately, I've come across very few of those people in my life...
    Apart from my partner, this describes me pretty accurately. There are a few people I've met online who I've clicked with. In some ways, that's made RL a bit lonelier.

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    One thing I've learned is that I think I should be able to solve everything myself and actually isolate myself when I most need help. I've heard that from lots of INJ's. We even go to books rather than people to find answers
    I do that. All the time. I have this irrational belief from the past that I should be able to deal with everything by myself and that I don't need help. The more stressed I am, the more I do this. (I'm most probably INTP, not INTJ, but this habit of mine is more to do with my past than my type IMO)
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    There are a few people I've met online who I've clicked with. In some ways, that's made RL a bit lonelier.
    That rings true for me. I feel loneliness when I feel disconnected from people which is where clicking with people online can make it worse. Usually when it hits it's feels completely irrational, it just is, usually goes pretty quickly for me though.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    As an INTJ who lives off the independent streak, once in awhile I have to feel the opposite for balance (I'm human) and it does hit me hard for a day or two. I just go out and be extroverted to balance it. However, on a mental companionship level, I've been lonely quiet a while and it does bug me at times. Having someone who will listen and care about your ideas, and share her own...yeah be nice but not the best luck in the direct area I live.

Right.
    I know how you feel.

I'm not feeling so bad as I was a couple of days ago.
    My hormones were pushing me around, too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

[COLOR=Blue]
    The women in my Bible study are mostly elderly.
    We are supposed to get a new gal this year who I know.
    She's an ENTP.
    And now that I think of it, I could call her.
    We've talked before and she's great.
    Yeah...we formed our own group. Started with one close friend (ESFJ and believe me, she started our friendship--spotted me on the bus when we were both about 7 months pregnant). Then we each invited one more person we thought would be good. Well actually, my first invite was to an INTJ who couldn't fit it in. I couldn't think of anyone else and we went with just 3 of us until the ESFJ got a new neighbor. So maybe finding a compatible Fe friend is the ticket. She "drags" me all over.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    nnnn

My hormones were pushing me around, too.
    Those are a bitch.

As an INTJ who lives off the independent streak, once in awhile I have to feel the opposite for balance (I'm human) and it does hit me hard for a day or two. I just go out and be extroverted to balance it. However, on a mental companionship level, I've been lonely quiet a while and it does bug me at times.
    Yes.

I just stick it out when it happens, knowing it will go away in a day or so.

I've come to the point where I don't expect people to really connect with me, but I wonder whether that isn't just an easy way to evade true communication and opening up and all that fun stuff. Internet does fill part of the "void".