User Tag List

123 Last

ThatGirl

Default Does your Intuition ever scare people?

Have you ever been sitting in a conversation with someone who may spit out something insignificant. But instantly you detatch from the conversation and begin to explore the possible senerios that this sort of comment could come from. Then you say something related to, I dont know, eight degrees of seperation down the original statement but it has nothing to do with them.

Thats when you get the look from the other person. Like you have just seen them naked. And when you see the look, now you know. And they know you know.

If this happens to you a lot, how do you learn to not see? It is very awkward.

I know this may seem redundant to another thread I had started but I have been thinking about it more extensively and I realize that it freaks people out.

MBTI
    ENTP

No. I try to use my powers for good rather than evil.
    I don't wanna!

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Have you ever been sitting in a conversation with someone who may spit out something insignificant. But instantly you detatch from the conversation and begin to explore the possible senerios that this sort of comment could come from. Then you say something related to, I dont know, eight degrees of seperation down the original statement but it has nothing to do with them.

Thats when you get the look from the other person. Like you have just seen them naked. And when you see the look, now you know. And they know you know.

I know this may seem redundant to another thread I had started but I have been thinking about it more extensively and I realize that it freaks people out.
    Thats it I'm hitting myself over the head with a mallet and going to bed

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Regarding the bolded statement, if a person says something "eight degrees of separation" from the original statement, couldn't the look of response mean all kinds of things including confusion as to how that statement relates to the flow of conversation? What my comment guards against is the kind of thinking that assumes oneself intuitive and verifies it through a very subjective interpretation of someone's response. If a person wants to "see others naked" so to speak, then they will look for a response to validate that ideal, when the response if it is just an expression, could in fact mean a range of things.

As far as intuition scaring folk, mine primarily scares me when I realize I'm wrong about something. The implications of faulty intuition are damn scary.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

ThatGirl

Cant describe the look but it is more of shock than confusion

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think my intuition intimidates the hell out of people -- I sometimes sense that people are holding themselves back when I'm in the room because they don't want me to "see through" them.

ThatGirl

yup

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I once told a girl I hardly knew that she was smarter than her fraternal twin sister (I was 17 and unwise). She was a bit put off. It didn't occur to me that it wasn't obvious.

ThatGirl

why would that put someone off?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I usually have a completly wrong picture of myself in public, so it is very hard to tell, if I actually look into people.

Things I experience, are to say something that is out of context. If my partner in discussion actually follows, he interrupts me and asks why I just did say that.

But this is more related to chaos.

Another thing I came to realize, is that people often think I am very intelligent, where I think of myself to be pretty dumb. I just happen to have the ability to enter a bus and to make up stories about the lifes of the people sitting in the bus, in the 60 seconds I go to my seat. What just happens, what is not wished by me. Again you can not really describe it, because in those moments, I do not actually think in words. Everything I say out to the world, I most of the time have thought before in my head. But this is more an imagenery going on before you form spoken words or bring sense to things.

But it is in fact the case that many people think I have some personal mystery or something. I hardly loose it to stand my ground in public and society. And sometimes people think things of me, I have never seen before or would have expected.

So no, my Ne-ness probably only freaks me myself out. The other people are still very kind to me .

What could be another thing is that I resort in conversations with people around here where I live, everytime to proven and accepted phrases, which you express to show the others that you are harmless and a citizen like they themselves.

For example you talk about the weather or a soccer game. Or you say you would never buy a Japanese car, cause "how could possibly someone do this".

With strangers this is always a good thing to keep a low profile. With friends, I do not resort to that, cause they know, I am not intrested in the weather. (at least not when the discussion is not about changing Isobars or vertical lifting indices )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]