User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 82

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ah. With me it seems to be more that someone is talking and I throw out a joke like, what if, or wouldn't it be funny, or do you think people could....Even if it has nothing to do with them directly.

    That's when I get the look. I tend to think they just realized themselves, that yes X is possible. Or, they just realized that I realized X is possible. Or maybe I just lost them. Then it throws me off too, because I didn't expect them to be shocked or take something I said in and relate it to either themselves or me.

    Then again, I think like this all the time, so have had to learn discernment in relating these perspectives to other people.

    Maybe I just need to keep busier, lol.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I tend to do that a lot; I think the people I know are used to it, though, because they usually just roll with it and try to see where I'm going with it. The best conversations tend to start like that . What kind of things do you usually end up saying?

  2. #72
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    It definitely doesn't scare anyone. My Ni has that typical crackpottery feel which was well described by Jung - nobody ever believes what I say, even when I'm very very likely to be correct. My Te, on the other hand, can be quite scary.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  3. #73
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Have you ever been sitting in a conversation with someone who may spit out something insignificant. But instantly you detatch from the conversation and begin to explore the possible senerios that this sort of comment could come from. Then you say something related to, I dont know, eight degrees of seperation down the original statement but it has nothing to do with them.

    Thats when you get the look from the other person. Like you have just seen them naked. And when you see the look, now you know. And they know you know.

    If this happens to you a lot, how do you learn to not see? It is very awkward.

    I know this may seem redundant to another thread I had started but I have been thinking about it more extensively and I realize that it freaks people out.
    It's so disappointing when this happens - because when I say these "off the wall" (to them, at least) things, I want a bouncy, stimulating discussion and to dig into things a little deeper. But people prefer to stick to the literal topic, or at least relate it in a way that's traceable to them. Otherwise, you get that awkward silence, the raised brow and the "um...ok?" (alternatively: "okayyy...")

    Worse, I'm blonde (no, that's not me in the avatar), so people are quick to dismiss it as vapid airheadedness, even if my N leaps are based on solid intent and logic. The worst is when people say how "cute" you are for saying these things. It makes me want to:



    Even when I was a little kid (under 8), my ESFP mother yelled at me and called me weird for saying "off the wall" things and went on a long rant about how abnormal I was.

    So I learned to contain myself. I think it's why I thought of myself as an S for a while. I sort of force myself to hide my N in polite company.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  4. #74
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I tend to do that a lot; I think the people I know are used to it, though, because they usually just roll with it and try to see where I'm going with it. The best conversations tend to start like that . What kind of things do you usually end up saying?
    Lol, I have been trying to think of an example since I read this, and cannot for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    It's so disappointing when this happens - because when I say these "off the wall" (to them, at least) things, I want a bouncy, stimulating discussion and to dig into things a little deeper. But people prefer to stick to the literal topic, or at least relate it in a way that's traceable to them.

    Even when I was a little kid (under 8), my ESFP mother yelled at me and called me weird for saying "off the wall" things and went on a long rant about how abnormal I was.

    So I learned to contain myself. I think it's why I thought of myself as an S for a while. I sort of force myself to hide my N in polite company.
    Yeah it is kind of hard to contain yourself when you don't really understand what the problem was in the first place.

  5. #75
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol, I have been trying to think of an example since I read this, and cannot for some reason.



    Yeah it is kind of hard to contain yourself when you don't really understand what the problem was in the first place.
    True. But just as you can never tell which hardboiled egg will crack, you can prevent them from ever cracking by never boiling them.

    Unfortunately, for people, cracking them does not open them up. It just makes a mess.

    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  6. #76
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I smell Fe.

  7. #77
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I smell Fe.
    Duh! My type's right there, woman.

    That's like saying you smell curry at an Indian restaurant.

    And I see Fe as a necessary evil.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  8. #78
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I actually have everyone's types turned off.

  9. #79
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I actually have everyone's types turned off.
    I read that 2 ways, which one did you mean?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  10. #80
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I literally set my account to not show people's types.

Similar Threads

  1. Does your energy ever get drained around certain people?
    By Destiny in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 09:21 PM
  2. [Ne] Does your Ne ever have a feeling/texture/shape in place of a person or object?
    By thistlechaser in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP's: Does your brainstorming method anger people?
    By The Great One in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  4. Has intuition ever saved your life?
    By Quinlan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO