User Tag List

First 56789 Last

ThatGirl

I just re-read over the OP.

Since then I have decided "The look" comes down to an instant understanding of how things could occur. When you get the look, it is that someone just realized you are capable of thinking that way. I realize as are you. And a stand off begins. It is a very weird dynamic.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl
    Have you ever been sitting in a conversation with someone who may spit out something insignificant. But instantly you detatch from the conversation and begin to explore the possible senerios that this sort of comment could come from. Then you say something related to, I dont know, eight degrees of seperation down the original statement but it has nothing to do with them.

Thats when you get the look from the other person. Like you have just seen them naked. And when you see the look, now you know. And they know you know.

If this happens to you a lot, how do you learn to not see? It is very awkward.

I know this may seem redundant to another thread I had started but I have been thinking about it more extensively and I realize that it freaks people out.
    Yes, every time, which is partly why I don't really show my intuitive side too often. When I do, the other person has this really cartoonish look of surprise going on, and I just get this amused (I'm pretty sure that's what it must look like) look on my face, since everyone's reaction tends to be the same.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.

the intensity of my voice and intention scares people, after they've seen how quiet I am.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

People seem more scared by my drive to get thing done. I usually keep my intuitions to myself, though, until there is need to share them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    People seem more scared by my drive to get thing done. I usually keep my intuitions to myself, though, until there is need to share them.
    That's pretty much what I have learned too.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    Yes, every time, which is partly why I don't really show my intuitive side too often. When I do, the other person has this really cartoonish look of surprise going on, and I just get this amused (I'm pretty sure that's what it must look like) look on my face, since everyone's reaction tends to be the same.
    Hm, amused is an interesting expression there. Are you amused by how predictable people can be?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Hm, amused is an interesting expression there. Are you amused by how predictable people can be?
    Pretty much. It's just funny to see the exact same look on everyone's face whenever I do show them a bit of just how intuitive I can be. Also, since it's never a full revelation, at the back of my mind I'm thinking "wow, if that's your reaction to that, I'd love to see your face when I say this". It might also have to do with the fact that I don't seem like I'd be like that to people who meet me in person, since I usually have this extraverted, fun personality when I'm in a social setting.

ThatGirl

I understand, how do you decide when you will or will not give an intuitive evaluation? Or do they just arise less often in social settings?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I understand, how do you decide when you will or will not give an intuitive evaluation? Or do they just arise less often in social settings?
    If I'm going to give an intuitive evaluation, it usually happens whenever I'm having a conversation with one or two other people; it's funny, because I'm almost entirely different based on the number of people around me. If I'm in a big group, I tend to be loud, hyperactive, and pretty much the life of the party; as the group gets smaller and smaller, though, I tend to get more deep and the things I say become more intellectual. Plus, I tend to realize things about the people I'm with, which they don't even realize about themselves; when that happens, that's when I get that weirdly surprised look from people. When it's something they already knew about themselves, they tend to just be happy about it and open up more.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    If I'm going to give an intuitive evaluation, it usually happens whenever I'm having a conversation with one or two other people; it's funny, because I'm almost entirely different based on the number of people around me. If I'm in a big group, I tend to be loud, hyperactive, and pretty much the life of the party; as the group gets smaller and smaller, though, I tend to get more deep and the things I say become more intellectual. Plus, I tend to realize things about the people I'm with, which they don't even realize about themselves; when that happens, that's when I get that weirdly surprised look from people. When it's something they already knew about themselves, they tend to just be happy about it and open up more.
    Ah. With me it seems to be more that someone is talking and I throw out a joke like, what if, or wouldn't it be funny, or do you think people could....Even if it has nothing to do with them directly.

That's when I get the look. I tend to think they just realized themselves, that yes X is possible. Or, they just realized that I realized X is possible. Or maybe I just lost them. Then it throws me off too, because I didn't expect them to be shocked or take something I said in and relate it to either themselves or me.

Then again, I think like this all the time, so have had to learn discernment in relating these perspectives to other people.

Maybe I just need to keep busier, lol.