User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I have a chatroom on IRC that I regularly go to. I remember that one night I decided to start talking about Astrology, and I ended up reading a person's natal chart. After that impetus, everyone in the chatroom began asking me to read their chart, and most of them found it interesting at least, and at the most they thought that what I said was highly accurate. In one situation the birth time was wrong and I gleaned some info on a person based on what I already knew, instead of providing "proper" astrological data. So yeah, after giving people in-depth readings, around 5 or 6, I was pretty tired mentally lol. It's like they attacked me for information, lol!
    DO ME DO ME

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    DO ME DO ME
    Oh hell no. I've had a stomach ache all night long. I might do you, but it'll be with a bullet in a 9mm. :P

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Oh hell no. I've had a stomach ache all night long. I might do you, but it'll be with a bullet in a 9mm. :P
    I hope you actually have the hardware, coz I sure do *lock & load*

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I hope you actually have the hardware, coz I sure do *lock & load*
    My parents keep rifles and shotguns around, so yeah :P. But since this the Internet, I have the e-Hardware!

http://toysoldiersports.com/shop/ima...deagle_jpg.jpg

Banned
    MBTI
    type

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I have a friend who is an INTJ and can read through people with amazing accuracy. It's kind of freaky and he's read my emotional signature way too many times... and I have been told by numerous people that I'm extremely difficult to read. (Although apparently it's easy to tell when I'm really ticked off...)

My intuition lends itself better towards problems and not towards people (possibly a result of extreme introversion), though I've been able to anticipate what other people will do before they do it. Perhaps that's just studying people and predicting what they'll do next, though. There have also been times when I can sense something going on between people - I've never said anything about it (because that's just wierd) - way before it happens. Like two of my acquaintence/friends being romantically involved several months before they actually started dating.

My intuitiveness lends itself better to... inanimate... things. Often I'll be doing math or science homework and know what the answer is without consciously solving the problem. I used to tutor a friend in chemistry and I would read the problem and almost instantly know what the answer would be. Needless to say, it freaked her out.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Scribe View Post
    My intuition lends itself better towards problems and not towards people
    Yeah, my intuition usually extends much better to math problems than people. There were times my thesis advisor was surprised how I could relate seemingly disparate concepts together.

I can sense certain things about people too (not too well though), like how I've managed to figure out that two of my friends were romantically involved by reading between the lines of a blog post. Lately, though, I've made it my personal mission to develop this better. Trying to understand people might sound like a crazy idea, but I'm sure people can make sense to a certain degree .

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

my Ne can raise a few eyebrows. i'm not even talking about the times when i want people to get a bit 'ummm... wtf?' about what i say, many times what i think is the next logical step gets people lost. i'm pretty i skip steps in logical reasoning, or at least i don't consciously think about it because those steps are so simple to me just make them automatically. it could be that a entails b, b guarantees c and c along with something we all know from common sense guarantees d for example. i often go straight from a to d and it gets others lost.

MBTI
    INFP

It's neat to read about others' talking about their intuition. It's been something I've learned not to advertise in general public because of some of the reasons mentioned here.

But now and then I "blurt" without thinking and hit something on the head without meaning to and it can get pretty uncomfortable in the room. I know that feeling.

And, I too, wish it were something I had control over but periods of intuition are followed by a sort of dry period with no cause of pattern that I can see.

My sensor husband has known me for a very long time but still has no faith in my intuition though he has seen its accuracy numerous times. That's pretty frustrating to me. Especially if I think something unfortunate is going to happen. I can see it coming and I send out warnings and am left with "I told you sos" in the end. That's something else I now avoid saying in spite of the fact that it feels good to say it!

It's maddening to "know" something and not be able to prove it except by watching it happen.

When I was in high school and got into higher math I had to intuit it because my math skills are zilch despite extra tutoring. This caused me no end of trouble because in working word math problems I could get the correct answers but had absolutely no idea how I got them so I couldn't show my work and was sometimes accused of cheating. Frustrating.

There is something called MMEs. Micro-Momentary Expressions. They're those little facial expressions of emotion that flit across someone's face so rapidly that many miss them. I seem to be very good at catching these. I know that others' don't like this. The reason they're fast is because you're not supposed to see them, right?

The word schadenfreude which Victor used this week, secret delight in someone else's misfortune, is one I see occasionally and that one will stop me in mid-sentence. That brief, widening flicker in the eyes. . . Creepy.

I won't go into more arcane anecdotes here, although I'd like to. But there's not much sense in doing so, as my experience is that they can be easily explained away with rational thought.

"Telling ghost stories." Ooo-eeee-ooo. And then the teasing starts. . . You all know the drill.

I'm not sure how many of these "coincidences" a person has to rack up before they are considered "psychic, but apparently the number is too high. Heh.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTP

As far as intuition scaring folk, mine primarily scares me when I realize I'm wrong about something. The implications of faulty intuition are damn scary.
    Same here.