• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does your Intuition ever scare people?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hell yeah! But a little scare now and again can do people some good. It wakes them up a bit. :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cant describe the look but it is more of shock than confusion

right-the " i've been found out but i'll sorta -kinda keep my cool....almost;
but how the F*** does ThatGirl know about me framing roger rabbit ? " look

i get it all the time

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
What could be another thing is that I resort in conversations with people around here where I live, everytime to proven and accepted phrases, which you express to show the others that you are harmless and a citizen like they themselves.

For example you talk about the weather or a soccer game. Or you say you would never buy a Japanese car, cause "how could possibly someone do this".

With strangers this is always a good thing to keep a low profile. With friends, I do not resort to that, cause they know, I am not intrested in the weather. (at least not when the discussion is not about changing Isobars or vertical lifting indices :D)

That's what I do with strangers too, lol. The weather's especially easy to bring up right now since it's so hot - I'll come into a freezing classroom and complain about the drastic temperature change and everyone agrees and everyone is happy together forever :D .

I have busted out odd connections that have thrown others off a lot in life, though. Which is why I'm more careful now that I've gotten the bewildered looks a few times to note whether the person I'm dealing with is likely to follow my thought pattern or not before I go on tangents. It's the worst when you do it in a class, where more than one person is listening, lol. And the teacher is fighting to figure out a way to make your answer to a question seem relevent to somebody besides yourself.

T

ThatGirl

Well I hate the looks. I have been called, by my INTJ friend yet, the most detached person she knows I often detach to analyze situations. Maybe I said it wrong, but my intuition is in full force when I am forging ahead.

I told my INTJ friend, she is the chess
I am the checkers

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I hate the looks. I have been called, by my INTJ friend yet, the most detached person she knows I often detach to analyze situations. Maybe I said it wrong, but my intuition is in full force when I am forging ahead.

I told my INTJ friend, she is the chess
I am the checkers

so basically..........
ThatGirl is Poison ?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would be surprised if that song weren't written about you, actually.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I get this pretty often, especially with 'sensors' when I barely know them and we're just sitting around talking. I'll say something about them that no one would've known, had they not been their close friend.. they look at me all freakishly, then it just makes me want to excuse myself. One time it happened twice in a row with 2 different people, same conversation. They're like, "How'd you know that??" in an very uncomfortable yet, amiable way.

With my 'intuitive' friends, they go, "Interesting..tell me more.."

It's pretty crazy.. some of the things that I intuit from people just even based on first impressions are so dead accurate (even with the minor details) that it even scares me!:p I just wish I could intuit stuff like the lottery Mega-Millions jackpot numbers! :coffee:

T

ThatGirl

you're not going to get a lot of hits there....................:ninja:

MBTI Type
INxJ
Never other people because I rarely divulge, but sometimes it's unsettling for me.

V

violaine

^ Yes, heh, exactly what I wanted to type. Sometimes my intuitions scare me, I have learned not to share.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, I'll chime in and say that I've tried to stop doing it, but I still end up 2 - 4 degrees of separation from the original when I say something. Most people I do it with though know me well enough to instead of look strange they call me on it and get me to explain through the other links in the chain. I don't think I'll ever be quick enough to get it down to one degree of separation though - unless I'm drunk...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes I think it can scare people. It leaves them a bit naked at times. All the defence walls are shone through. I tend to keep an eye out at things develop. When I walk into a room I can often tell what has been happening just by the atmospher without obvious signs beyond the norm.

Lis

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i try to be pretty careful about self-fulfilling introspection

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Some things have happened with me intermitently throughout my life.

They're mostly obscure, superficial things, but it's all usually accurate. Guessing the color of someone's house, or room, or what their favorite color is, for example. Sometimes if they're chewing gum and I'm talking to them on the internet, and then what kind of gum. I usually attribute it to luck, but at other times, there's a certain hint or inclination that leads me to believe that they do have whatever I assume they have. (Or however you phrase that.)

Random stuff like that that isn't very applicable. It's funny, though, since I always like to make sure I still have 'it', occasionaly, by throwing out a random question or comment to see if I'm correct, while just maybe advertising those little abilities along the way, haha. It actually gets me pretty excited. 8D

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have a chatroom on IRC that I regularly go to. I remember that one night I decided to start talking about Astrology, and I ended up reading a person's natal chart. After that impetus, everyone in the chatroom began asking me to read their chart, and most of them found it interesting at least, and at the most they thought that what I said was highly accurate. In one situation the birth time was wrong and I gleaned some info on a person based on what I already knew, instead of providing "proper" astrological data. So yeah, after giving people in-depth readings, around 5 or 6, I was pretty tired mentally lol. It's like they attacked me for information, lol!

Aside from that, I'm not sure how people take me in real life about my intuition. I don't usually tell people much in real life. There might go something unsaid between the other person and I that keys them in that I'm "intelligent" or whatever, as I tend to have a steady gaze, as I try to analyze everyone I come across :p. (Just for my own information, you know?) I've had people that were startled at the amount of insight that I could show forth, or how much theory I could rattle off.

I've met at least one ESFj-Si subtype in my lifetime who seemed quite intuitive, as if she could just read you. Now /that/ was a freaky experience. I think that most of my readings with people tend to be under the radar, and I'll just react to people according to some subconscious module that organizes personality traits in a way I haven't found to express in a system yet.

The way I speak tends to contribute to getting shock reactions out of others. I'll attempt to find the most succinct way of putting forth a lot of information, and I'll just dump it on the person in a single sentence. It's pretty awesome to watch the reactions :D. If I don't make the person angry I'll at least get a startled or shaken-up response, which tells me that they've actually taken what I've said to heart rather than brushed it off. Even in situations when I'm honestly not trying to "get a reaction" out of people, the way I speak can be blunt and all-at-once, so in some cases I just try to speak slowly and softly. Haha.