User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    why would that put someone off?
    She would've been NF/SJ. They don't like exclusive compliments because "everyone is so great, especially my sister." Or something like that...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    She would've been NF/SJ. They don't like exclusive compliments because "everyone is so great, especially my sister." Or something like that...
    Blah, what a ridiculous generalization.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Blah, what a ridiculous generalization.
    As accentuated by "Or something like that..."

But my ridiculous generalizations have a way of getting truer by the second.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    As accentuated by "Or something like that..."

But my ridiculous generalizations have a way of getting truer by the second.
    I mean, you can make that comment about the girl herself; she probably is like that. To apply it to NFs in general is the ridiculous part.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

^Yeah, I got what you were saying, no need to explain. I knew it was overarching. Yet I still posted it.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can act as a tarot card reader. I don't think I have that skill (or if it really exists), but my classmates were like 'WHOA HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!'.
    Not magic, just... little things that lead to others.

MBTI
    ENFP

Interestingly you said that you detach for your intuitive insights... That is the exact opposite way for me. I am a coach and tune into people and connect with them to gain insight... And yes, it does irk people a bit when you can "see" things that may not make rational sense to their logic (like how I know what I know) since it hits the very heart of the matter for them.

MBTI
    ENFP

It's amazing the way I can communicate with the three of my colleagues that are intuitives. We sort of just speak quarter sentences to each other all day. I often speak a quarter sentence and realise that my colleague already knows what I'm going to say, so I ditch finishing the sentence and give the whole subject a conclusion. Then my colleague will usually add a comment to what I was going to say, perhaps to confirm that they did understand me. I do this with them as well. Like using telepathy all day long. I can't communicate so easily with my sensing colleagues. I mean not with so little effort.

Because we're equal in this (intuitive colleagues), we don't freak each other out. But I do freak out some of my sensing friends. Occasionally they say, "Guess what?" and I'll answer correctly! That does throw them off balance. Quite funny too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

If this happens to you a lot, how do you learn to not see? It is very awkward.
    I see and just choose not to say what I see.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Have you ever been sitting in a conversation with someone who may spit out something insignificant. But instantly you detatch from the conversation and begin to explore the possible senerios that this sort of comment could come from. Then you say something related to, I dont know, eight degrees of seperation down the original statement but it has nothing to do with them.

Thats when you get the look from the other person. Like you have just seen them naked. And when you see the look, now you know. And they know you know.

If this happens to you a lot, how do you learn to not see? It is very awkward.
    The looks I get when I do this are more in confusion, because they really ARE seemingly unrelated to whatever conversation topic we are on. I learned a while ago that when I find myself disengaged from a conversation with my mind wandering like that from some 'trigger', before I open my mouth again I tune back into the conversation and listen again for a bit. If I find that my epiphany is no longer relavant to what is being said, I keep it to myself. It usually happens that the conversation has shifted and saying something from 10 minutes ago gets really weird looks.

I must say though, that my side-tours from the conversations are not usually bent on trying to figure out what prompted them to say something like that. I guess as an INTJ it doesn't really enter my head to wonder about THEM as a person, I want to know how I can apply what they're saying or relate it to something else. Hence the weird, off-topic, random things I used to blurt out.

Maybe this is why you get the scared look and I get the 'is she crazy' look.