123 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Questions For Ts

Does everything go through the filter of logic for you? Or just most things?

For instance, being humane...if you consider yourself to be humane are you humane for the sake of being humane or because in your mind it's the most logical way to be or both?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Concerning myself, nothing really goes through any filter at all, but that is just me .

I guess having a preference of drawing impersonal conclusions and making impersonal judgements creates over time a set of experience within you. Like it would do with someone making mostly personal decisions.

What you see in the end is the shaped framework of experience that follows, if you approximate it a linear line in the foundation of your experience. From that line you can tell then, if someone preferences personal or impersonal facts or values.

I would say, you can not just say, if a T most of the time prefers thinking. The whole nature of the NT develops around the wish to explore things through a logical-mathematical view. This is something like the foundation of NT-ness but it is able to bend itself in several directions. It just resorts to its core, when things get irrational or fantastic.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Do you ever do things without thinking about/caring about whether or not it's logical?

Do you consider people's feelings because in your mind it's logical or just because you don't want to hurt them?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Does everything go through the filter of logic for you? Or just most things?
    It really depends on how important a particular thing is and how much time I have to think about it.

Some things don't lend themselves well to logic...for instance, if I saw someone bleeding in the street, I wouldn't stand there and ponder the scene first before making my next move. I might check to see if a car's coming before darting out to help, though.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I sometimes consider peoples' feelings not because it's logical, and not really because I don't want to hurt them, but because I don't want to deal with the discord of addressing their expression of discomfort when I do in fact hurt their feelings. It's a "taking the path of least resistance" sort of thing. In fact that principle governs a *lot* of my thoughts.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Do you ever do things without thinking about/caring about whether or not it's logical?
    Haha, all the time . But I think my answer is only valid for my special personality

Do you consider people's feelings because in your mind it's logical or just because you don't want to hurt them?
    This is a more intresting question. My answer would be, I really want to act in a way to not hurt peoples feelings but most of the times I even did not recognize that I just did hurt someones feelings.

It is with me, more a lack of experience with feelings, if you put it that way

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I sometimes consider peoples' feelings not because it's logical, and not really because I don't want to hurt them, but because I don't want to deal with the discord of addressing their expression of discomfort when I do in fact hurt their feelings. It's a "taking the path of least resistance" sort of thing. In fact that principle governs a *lot* of my thoughts.
    BINGO. I do the exact same thing. If I'm dealing with an emotional person, a lot of time I'll just agree or act nice because I just don't want to have to deal with the emotional aftermath of saying what I actually want or think. So really, it's a concern for myself more than them.

Not everything goes through a "logic" filter like the OP suggests. It does, however, go through a "lazy" filter. "What is the laziest thing to do here? Okay. Let's go with that."

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

lol.

What about the big things? The important things? Tell me about your descision making process.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Please define big things

You mean like marriage ?

MBTI
    INTj

lol.

What about the big things? The important things? Tell me about your descision making process.
    When it comes to something that is very important, I try to make the most logical and objective (if that applies) decision possible. I'll run through a list of possible decisions in my head and then predict the outcomes, as well as take into account what I cannot predict.

For an important decision, I almost never rely on values to make the decision, which Fs may do. I will use my intuition to come up with a choice or option, but I don't feel comfortable just going with that. I have to back it up with logic.

Also, when there is a major decision that must be made, I definitely consider people's feelings less than I would in a smaller decision. . . which may seem counter-intuitive.