User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    It's a cliche that I love. Balance <3

Oh wow so S and N are coming up with premises also?
    Well, yes. So T and F are by definition conscious. S and N are by definition unconscious. So the thoughts you are currently having come from S/N, the conscious assessment of those thoughts are T and F.

In order to get the most full premises, you must have well developed S, N, and F. T is necessary to filter out incompatible premises (and N, too, to some extent) and come to logical conclusions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Does everything go through the filter of logic for you? Or just most things?

For instance, being humane...if you consider yourself to be humane are you humane for the sake of being humane or because in your mind it's the most logical way to be or both?
    Logic isn't a filter. It is a way of being. It is automatic.

For instance, being humane...if you consider yourself to be humane are you humane for the sake of being humane or because in your mind it's the most logical way to be or both?
    The logic or illogic of something doesn't become an issue until/unless there is a reason to evaluate the logical approach versus a values- or tradition-based approach. In this case I would be humane if it seemed "right". Forced to evaluate or justify the "rightness" of the decision to be humane, I'd reach primarily for logical reasons. This is not because I think an F-based values approach is silly. It's because I would be on shaky ground explaining it primarily on a feeling basis, because that's not really my forte.

Do you consider people's feelings because in your mind it's logical or just because you don't want to hurt them?
    Both? I also consider how they are prone to react and whether this is an improvement or worsening of the situation, or has no effect.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    ISo my philosophy in life is to use feeling to set the goals and thinking to achieve them.
    I agree! Your approach is soooo logical.

MBTI
    ENTP

A couple of years ago, I realized that I had made every big decision in my life based on logic. I really started to question if those were all the right decisions. I love my life, but would it have been somewho better if I had focused more on my feelings? Kind of a mid-life introspection.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Unless you're a bunny-killing psycho, I think being humane is just a natural state of being, no proceses involved.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Unless you're a bunny-killing psycho, I think being humane is just a natural state of being, no proceses involved.
    That's a pretty big IF, Bella. Try looking at the big picture once in a while.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's a pretty big IF, Bella. Try looking at the big picture once in a while.
    my heart-place..........a Jack Flak just went through it........
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...