User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INTJ father

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default INTJ father

So I finally got my dad to take the test (humanmetrics one) and his result is INTJ.

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESxJ haha) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

-He's a very laidback type of dad but he is never one to talk about his emotions. As an INFP, I had an extremely hard time with him growing up because of this. He was also sort of overprotective but not overbearing like my mom. With my younger siblings, however, he has gotten a lot more lenient and playful.

-Stubborn. Stubborn. It's hard to make him see another point of view and he's stuck in his ways.

-Hardworking, extremely loyal to his family and somewhat traditional.

-Keeps to himself mostly, is not the adventure type and prefers to go to beach and relax vs. visiting a new city or historical place.

-He's a manager at his job and is a no-nonsense kind of boss. Very perfectionistic and expects only the best from his employees. I've seen it firsthand. But he's also very generous to those who are hard-working and loyal to the company.

-My grandmother died of cancer when he was still a teenager. I've always noticed it's difficult for him to talk about so he never brings it up. I know he was really close to her and admired her greatly.

I don't know how helpful all of that can be to accurately type someone. I'll add more as I think of it.

Thanks!
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Sounds like a IXTJ to say the least. 1w9?
    Likes Poki, Lia_kat, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by florpoetis View Post
    So I finally got my dad to take the test (humanmetrics one) and his result is INTJ.

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESFJ haha) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

-He's a very laidback type of dad but he is never one to talk about his emotions. As an INFP, I had an extremely hard time with him growing up because of this. He was also sort of overprotective but not overbearing like my mom. With my younger siblings, however, he has gotten a lot more lenient and playful.

-Stubborn. Stubborn. It's hard to make him see another point of view and he's stuck in his ways.

-Keeps to himself mostly, is not the adventure type and prefers to go to beach and relax vs. visiting a new city or historical place.

-He's a manager at his job and is a no-nonsense kind of boss. Very perfectionistic and expects only the best from his employees. I've seen it firsthand. But he's also very generous to those who are hard-working and loyal to the company.

-My grandmother died of cancer when he was still a teenager. I've always noticed it's difficult for him to talk about so he never brings it up. I know he was really close to her and admired her greatly.

I don't know how helpful all of that can be to accurately type someone. I'll add more as I think of it.

Thanks!

This sounds like ISTJ to me. (they often score as INTJs on tests)
    Likes Lia_kat liked this post

MBTI
    STP

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESFJ haha) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

Thanks!
    Sounds IxTJ, my dad is INTJ as well. Si dom is more focused on what, dom Ni is more focused on how.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Sounds like a IXTJ to say the least. 1w9?
    Hmm. What made you say 1w9?
    tumblr | instagram

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Hmm. What made you say 1w9?
    That was my guess as well.

Calm, private, practical, loyal, perfectionistic, gets-stuff done. (textbook 1w9)

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Ahh... Set in his own ways, perfectionistic, expects the best, stubborn, but relatively laid-back (w9). It was a mild guess.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    This sounds like ISTJ to me. (they often score as INTJs on tests)
    My opinion as well.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I would, like many others, actually say ISTJ, and 1w9 sounds pretty reasonable as well.

Does this fit him?:

As a dominant function, Si manifests as a powerful memory for what has worked well in the past, and the desire to structure one’s life around the traditions and positive outcomes of past experiences.
    As an auxiliary function, Te manifests as the ability to take concrete, efficient action on the user’s analysis of what the best thing to do would be.
    As a tertiary function, Ni manifests as the desire to optimize or perfect upon one’s pre-existing talents or skills.
    As an inferior function, Fe originally manifests as the user being reluctant to dabble with or express emotional concerns, as the user cannot logically make sense of many of his or her own emotions and therefore doesn’t feel confident in moderating them.
    As Fe matures, its user will feel increasingly comfortable making and keeping emotional commitments to others, as they grow more confident in what is expected of them.
    "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." ~ H. G. Wells
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~ C. S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

^Yes.

What are some key differences between INTJ and ISTJ?

Thank you to everyone for your help!
    tumblr | instagram