• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] First sign that you are an INTP: You are utterly brilliant but fucked up.

sonictard

Some other signs (random):

1. You listen obscure music (Dead Man's Bones - Pa Pa Power, Skinny Puppy - Smothered Hope, etc.)

2. You think you are stupid, but you suddenly come out with a brilliant solution to the difficult problem.

3. You don't get people, and people don't get you. You will be totally comfortable living on a isolate island.

4. You are one of the most introverted and private person you know.

5. You use second language in a daily conversation. Your real language is difficult to understant, so you practically live a double life (one for the people, and one in your head.)

6. You have a cutting edge sense of fashion. (As a way of shocking people. And, even more, as a way of shocking yourself).
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1IeNhIpXXXXcjXXXXq6xXFXXX5/-font-b-men-b-font-font-b-jeans-b-font-2015-mens-runway-style-fashion.jpg

7. You used recreational drugs, and you like altered state of consciousness. (Reality is boring).

8. You don't have lots of sex, but, when you do, your girlfriends are mindblown.

...to be continued.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
e. e

Those pants are certainly edge cutting...

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Number 6 is wrong because all the INTPs I know dress horribly. :yes:

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
4. Yes
6. Yes

The rest is just your personal preference.

Anyone wearing those jeans deserves a kick in the head.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. Have you heard Britney's Blackout album?
2. I'm trying to recall instance, not computing.
3. Living on an isolated island sounds great but who's going to do things that'll keep me alive? Not me.
4. I have so many introverted friends, lots of which are way more private than me.
5. I speak English both in my mind and irl unfortunately, I wish I were bilingual.
6. I wear the same basic combination of clothes regularly tbqh.
7. I don't do illegal things besides downloading music illegally and streaming videos illegally. But yes reality is boring.
8. I don't have any sex ever, and I don't have girlfriends lol.

sonictard

Why?

1. Have you heard Britney's Blackout album?
3. Living on an isolated island sounds great but who's going to do things that'll keep me alive? Not me.
5. I speak English both in my mind and irl unfortunately, I wish I were bilingual.
8. I don't have any sex ever, and I don't have girlfriends lol.

1. No. Why?
2. That's the essence of living on an isolated island. To be alone.
5. You can be bilingual within the same language.
8. That's bad.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Why?

1. No. Why?
2. That's the essence of living on an isolated island. To be alone.
5. You can be bilingual within the same language.
8. That's bad.

1. It's fantastic imo.
2. Exactly...
5. Not by the definition you can't.
8. How?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. When you want to create a world and go in-depth on the types of laws and rules it has, you are the only one excited.
2. You love fun facts, did you know that a group of squids is a squad?
3. You play DnD,WoW, or any sort of mmog
4. You've taken the mbti and get INTP and begin to have an obession with typology.
5. You seem introverted, reserved and quiet but around your friends you are the exact opposite.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
All quotes paraphrased by me to save space and add humor or better capture my interpretation of the points or something, i dunno
I'm a little hyper right now, dunno why. Probably because homework is boring and this isn't even though this is pointless and homework isn't.
1. You listen to obscure music
2. You think you are stupid, but you suddenly come out with a brilliant solution to the difficult problem.
3. isolated island.
4. super introverted and private
5. You use a second language in a daily conversation. Your real language is difficult to understand, so you practically live a double life (one for the people, and one in your head.)
6. Cutting edge fashion sense. And these pants.
7. Drugs, altered state of consciousness. (Reality is boring).
8. Not a lot of sex, but when you do sex, girlfriends are mindblown.

1. Is Dream Theater obscure? No? Lots of Frederick Delius then. Nobody knows much about him. Impressionist music ftw! (Also there are four clarinet concerti written by Portuguese composer Canongia, and LITERALLY I CANNOT FIND MORE THAN A PARAGRAPH ABOUT HIM ANYWHERE. Last time I checked, anyway. And only one of them has been recorded and published on YouTube that I know of.)
2. Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm stupid. (Stupid is as stupid does. It's all due to laziness. I have very little work ethic when it seems too hard and/or doesn't interest me. Like most of my class assignments right now.)
3. As someone said above me, who's going to do the things that I need to do to survive? Not me. Too lazy. :p
4. Yes, but in front of my friends it's different. But in front of their friends I become an asocial third wheel again.
5. My thoughts are "bilingual" ... words (English) and impressions.
6. Pretty much no. I have a template sort of and I try to stick to that template. And those pants. I like them, but not in that combination. Too much paint and too many zippers.
7. No, but zoning out to a really great symphony or symphonic poem isn't far off.
8. No sex, no girlfriends. No boyfriends either. Pretty close to asexual anyway.

1. Creating your own world; no one excited but you.
2. fun facts = <3
3. You play some mmo
4. Took MBTI, now obsessed w/ typology.
5. Around strangers: introvert, reserved, quiet. Around friends: TOTAL OPPOSITE YO
1. Like. Can only sort of relate though because Si interferes too much imo.
2. I LOVE FUN FACTS. DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 4 U.S. STATE CAPITALS NOT SERVED BY THE INTERSTATE HIGHWAY SYSTEM? DOVER, DE; JEFFERSON CITY, MO; PIERRE, SD; AND JUNEAU, AK. THERE USED TO BE 5 BUT NOW CARSON CITY, NV, IS SERVED BY I-580. OMG SO EXCITING.
3. +1 if you count text-based MMORPG.
4. Actually I usually get ISTP because dichotomies wise I'm like 80% sensor but I'm not sure I fit Se-Ni so well (due to a highly limited understanding of both functions). So maybe I just have underdeveloped Ne? Either way I'm obsessed.
5. Hmm, kind of. It depends on the friend. And the subject matter (i.e. shared obsessions).

SheeplyShu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[/QUOTE]
I BEG TO DISAGREE HAHAHA

1779130_10201502051740788_443134432_n.jpg

SheeplyShu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some other signs (random):

1. You listen obscure music (Dead Man's Bones - Pa Pa Power, Skinny Puppy - Smothered Hope, etc.)

3. You don't get people, and people don't get you. You will be totally comfortable living on a isolate island.

4. You are one of the most introverted and private person you know.

5. You use second language in a daily conversation. Your real language is difficult to understant, so you practically live a double life (one for the people, and one in your head.)

6. You have a cutting edge sense of fashion. (As a way of shocking people. And, even more, as a way of shocking yourself).
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1IeNhIpXXXXcjXXXXq6xXFXXX5/-font-b-men-b-font-font-b-jeans-b-font-2015-mens-runway-style-fashion.jpg

7. You used recreational drugs, and you like altered state of consciousness. (Reality is boring).

8. You don't have lots of sex, but, when you do, your girlfriends are mindblown.

...to be continued.

1. Agreed I listen to a lot of obscure music which is difficult because I want to share it with people I know but they uh... get weirded out or are find the music either to be too wordy or too instrumental to give their undivided attention to.

2. Never thought that I was but I know that I don't know anything which is why I like pursuing knowledge... i guess

3. I get people but I don't get the stupid things they do. Which makes me unable to understand stupid people?

4. Difficult to say, it's been a while since I went out haha

5. This is true. But not as often... see -- I am always referred to as being, 'too honest'.

6. So many edges have been cut already...

7. Psychonauts all the way

8. Hmmm... this is true but I've been getting kinda lucky lately. But it usually becomes an inconvenience for me when the person I'm sleeping with gets overly attached or romantic so yeah I guess that makes me relatively unable to get lots of sex. I simulate it often though...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do Lee Hazlewood and Can classify as obscure?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd add three items:

1. Love to use/abuse language to illuminate or obscure a point in an argument. Semantics anyone? That depends on the what the definition is, is.
2. They are often agnostic about a lot of things, from my perspective Ti is slow because it's often complex and quite thorough in arriving at conclusions. Their Ne seeing new possibilities & angles to a thought/problem doesn't help.
3. They are Ne aux and EVERYONE knows that Ne dom/aux types are THE procrastinator champions.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd add three items:

1. Love to use/abuse language to illuminate or obscure a point in an argument. Semantics anyone? That depends on the what the definition is, is.
2. They are often agnostic about a lot of things, from my perspective Ti is slow because it's often complex and quite thorough in arriving at conclusions. Their Ne seeing new possibilities & angles to a thought/problem doesn't help.
3. They are Ne aux and EVERYONE knows that Ne dom/aux types are THE procrastinator champions.

Guilty as charged

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably, I never heard about them. When I think obscure, I think strange, minimalistic, dissonant sound. Like chaotic symmetry.

The latter fits that description. My wife says I listen to a lot of discordant music. She says it like it's a bad thing:shrug: