• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Do you identify with Ti the same way an Fi dom or aux user may? Would you take it personally if someone questioned your logic? Are there any feelings involved with your Ti? Sounds retarded, I know, but I'm not sure how else to ask this question haha. Ok, how about this, do you consider your Ti as your internal "center", being the top introverted function. I feel like I'm failing miserably, ok, I'll stop now.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you identify with Ti the same way an Fi dom or aux user may? Would you take it personally if someone questioned your logic? Are there any feelings involved with your Ti? Sounds retarded, I know, but I'm not sure how else to ask this question haha. Ok, how about this, do you consider your Ti as your internal "center", being the top introverted function. I feel like I'm failing miserably, ok, I'll stop now.

I'm not quite sure how dom/aux Fi users identify with that function tbh. Though, I'd imagine the dom and aux would be different enough to point out some distinguishing characteristics just like dom Ti and aux Ti are. I would imagine that strong Fi users place heavy emphasis on themselves (primacy of the self) as the subject and base their value judgments on the dynamic between whatever is going on and how it squares with them on a personal level?

I don't take it personally because not everyone is going to 'get' my logic unless I explain it to them. Remember Ti is still internalized so it's not as outwardly visible as Te. If someone questions my logical reasoning I usually get excited, not angry. For me it's a challenge to test them and myself which can be pretty fun (and informative). I'd imagine dominant Ti would take it more personally since they spend more time refining it.

I think internal 'center' is about right. I've always likened the Ti and Fi thing to having cold and hot cores respectively. My 'core' isn't some burning internal flame full of passion and spirit. It's more icy-cool, calm, calculating, and precise. Being also Fe I would say I'm warmer (amicable) on the outside but colder on the in.

Great questions.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

No. Ti is useful for understanding things but logic you dont need with people. For people you use charisma to get what you want. I am most centered around a feeling of nothing. If everything is calm and tidy on the inside, I am rested. Feelings are rather a hinderance for that. My feelings are hurt, if someone betrays me. I find it very important to be someone with an own agenda. Opportunism and wrong ambition I dislike.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it turns out somebody duped you, how would you react?
Would you plot revenge, or something else?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Plot revenge like Danny Rayburn in Bloodlines. :D

JK, I'd most likely be upset with myself for letting myself be played. Depends on what it was. If they duped me brilliantly I might tell them 'well played, prepare to die!'

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Tell us something you've never told someone in person.

02d.jpg

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Plot revenge like Danny Rayburn in Bloodlines. :D

JK, I'd most likely be upset with myself for letting myself be played. Depends on what it was. If they duped me brilliantly I might tell them 'well played, prepare to die!'

Yeahhh, about that "cake" I gave you.
ithadsulphuricacid

-runs-

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I'm a member of the Illuminati. :coffee:

- - - Updated - - -

If I die, I'm going to haunt you.

I like to imagine that if a member of the Illuminati ever admitted it, a team of masked strangers would break through the ceiling, rappel into the room, pluck the loose-lipped member, and pull them back up through the hole to the helicopter waiting outside.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like to imagine that if a member of the Illuminati ever admitted it, a team of masked strangers would break through the ceiling, rappel into the room, pluck the loose-lipped member, and pull them back up through the hole to the helicopter waiting outside.

We're trying a new strategy of being upfront. The less secretive we are the more we conceal our true intent. :ninja:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I die, I'm going to haunt you.

What if you ghost-troll me and I troll you back somehow?
Are those stories about ghosts who shove people down the stairs you ENTPs lmao

- - - Updated - - -

We're trying a new strategy of being upfront. The less secretive we are the more we conceal our true intent. :ninja:

itsnotworkingbruh

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What if you ghost-troll me and I troll you back somehow?
Are those stories about ghosts who shove people down the stairs you ENTPs lmao

- - - Updated - - -

itsnotworkingbruh

The only way to properly troll me back is killing yourself in an 'accident' so you can join me in the ethereal realm of existence.
If you need help with the accident:
stock-photo-16158056-man-call-me-gesture.jpg

We're the kind of ghosts that hang out in purgatory since neither Heaven or Hell is willing to accept us. :shrug:

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a fellow ENTP, I need help from my ENTP's. How the fuck do you guys get yourselves in a serious relationship? Ive never been in one so I dont know where to go. Im trying, but I cant seem to find someone to stick, or someone I like enough to want to be with. Or someone who is actually ok with my intensity and "no bullshit" policy.
HAAALP.

Im cute as fuck so i KNOW its not because Im ugly. Because Im not. IM ADORABLE DAMNIT

iWin

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4

Assuming that somebody could, which is very rare, if the dupe was harmful enough, the perp would likely fall victim to a complex Machiavellian scheme in response... won't know it until it hits them, and by then it is far too late. If not harmful enough, I'd probably just incorporate the dupe into my repertoire for later. :D

iWin

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Describe your perfect day. :3

Traveling somewhere fun, Mediterranean (?) with my wife, stocked with booze and pot for whenever, with enough cash to do whatever we wanted on a whim.

Inarius

MBTI Type
ENTP
Describe your perfect day. :3

Finding something new, something I have never known about an obscure subject or theme of research.

Or having an meeting someone by chance, someone I never knew before and never see again, and talk with him/her about very deep and exciting, or very personnal things for hours, something which will bounce in my head for days and weeks.

Or, just this :
having a new idea.

This is a perfect day.

totent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
As a fellow ENTP, I need help from my ENTP's. How the fuck do you guys get yourselves in a serious relationship? Ive never been in one so I dont know where to go. Im trying, but I cant seem to find someone to stick, or someone I like enough to want to be with. Or someone who is actually ok with my intensity and "no bullshit" policy.
HAAALP.

Im cute as fuck so i KNOW its not because Im ugly. Because Im not. IM ADORABLE DAMNIT

I have been in one serious relationship in the past and I am in one right now. I understand where you come from and I feel that it has something to do with us getting bored of things easily. I don't get bored of people, but if you are in a relationship in which your partner lacks intuitive intelligence completely, you may find the conversation dull and monotonous. I don't like talking about how my day went.
Another aspect, I feel, is that we lack the sane emotional intelligence that some non NTP types have. If I am 'offended' it lasts a brief moment and then I am back to normal. Other types often expect some sort of an apology or explanation which we don't pick up on.
That said, I feel that my best relationships have been ones where I started off as being my partner's friend and it developed from there. If you jump into a relationship based on looks, or a momentary spark (which we do a lot), you are less likely to remain committed to it. Love at first sight is a big no for me, because I spend the next few weeks simply wondering whether or not I made a mistake getting into something so quickly. Give things some time, and don't friendzone everybody.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have been in one serious relationship in the past and I am in one right now. I understand where you come from and I feel that it has something to do with us getting bored of things easily. I don't get bored of people, but if you are in a relationship in which your partner lacks intuitive intelligence completely, you may find the conversation dull and monotonous. I don't like talking about how my day went.
Another aspect, I feel, is that we lack the sane emotional intelligence that some non NTP types have. If I am 'offended' it lasts a brief moment and then I am back to normal. Other types often expect some sort of an apology or explanation which we don't pick up on.
That said, I feel that my best relationships have been ones where I started off as being my partner's friend and it developed from there. If you jump into a relationship based on looks, or a momentary spark (which we do a lot), you are less likely to remain committed to it. Love at first sight is a big no for me, because I spend the next few weeks simply wondering whether or not I made a mistake getting into something so quickly. Give things some time, and don't friendzone everybody.

Tho instilling undull conversation in a dull partner, could be a quest as well