User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default Who are you ENTPs

Christ, I have found myself attracted to an ENTP :steam:

So, there I was minding my own business when this group of people came and sat at my table (I was at a fancy little orientation, but this is not important.) Directly across from me was this guy who I have never met in my life and I really didn't have anything to say to him... Then the conversations started. I didn't do much of the talking, as usual I was just observing with something I would call minimal interest. The guy across from me was making jokes and having a great time and then made eye contact with me and heart went ABLAZE

Ok, Ok, it didn't really go like that. Anyway, I found myself really attracted to this guy but found myself to be at a lost for words anytime I am around him. But seriously, this always happens with ENTPs!!! Whether I am attracted to them or not. Something about their wit, non conformity, and integrity all bundled up in one person make me feel inferior with no real hope that any of them could ever find little old me interesting.

Enough about me; lets get down to business. I want to know more about you ENTPs. Honestly, I would take any information from anyone.

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

3. Why are you guys so awesome?

4. What do you think of INFPs?

5. What sets you apart from the other NTs that can help discern you from them?

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Hmm, maybe this should be a what you love about ENTPs thread...

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post

Dont break eye contact, keep a dominant stance, then back away slowly,,,,

MBTI
    INTJ

LOL PENETRATING GAZE
    wails from the crypt.

ThatGirl

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Hmm, maybe this should be a what you love about ENTPs thread...
    #6) he is analyzing you and possibly applying pressure on you to get a reaction. Either way he is thinking about you but this could be very objective. Or his eyes got confortable in a particular spot then you sat down and he thought "oh well my eyes are confortable here and I dont want to blink."

MBTI
    ENTP

Yep, the catalyst that keeps the conversation going seems to fit me well. I'm also the one who seems to be absorbed in an idea or stirring up people.

Random is a word I hear a lot. I guess I am pretty unpredictable. I'm also very absorbed in my ideas and quite oblivious to the outside world at times.

Because we offer something different, people can be so cliche at time we keep things interesting. lol

Intense is a fairly good description. I enjoy talking to NF's, their spiritual side is fascinating but if they became overbearing I'd need to escape.

We can have a "relatively normal" conversation. We arn't necessarily shy, but rather quite indifferent to others. If the ENTP you are interested in actively seeks out conversation with you it's generally a good sign because it means that they find something intriguing about you.

It means they are attempting to "read" you. Using extraverted intuition, ENTPs are good at reading others reactions, and as a result they are probably trying identify what you're about.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENTP

Depends. Sometimes I'm the centre of attention, not because I wanted to be but because other people just sorta latch onto me and want me to carry them along on my energy. Sometimes I'm quiet like the INTP, listening and observing, yet unlike the INTP, i'm sitting within the circle rather than to the side of it.

Varies hugely. I've been accused of being completely evil and manipulative but then I've also been told by someone (just this week actually) that I'm the one with the highest sense of ethics of anyone they've ever known. People tend to have an opinion on me anyway, rarely just say "oh I dunno, he's alright I guess". Love me or hate me I suppose, but notice me. They probably think I act the way I do expressly to get noticed, but I honestly don't. Most of the time though I feel like I'm just a pest and I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves so I really should shut up. I just can't!! LOL

Ah y'know... cos we don't try to be?

The word 'hot' doesn't even come close. Infuriating sometimes because their damn self critical nature means that no matter how much I try to tell them and show them that I think they're AWESOME they still hold back thinking I find them a nuisance.

Just friendlier, more chatty and light hearted, I reckon. "Sillier".

Penetrating gaze? You mean the one where I've just been thinking about something, staring in a random direction and not realized you're in what would be my line of sight if I was focusing at all? lol

Or the one where I'm trying to look cool and like I'm scrutinizing you when in fact my knees are like jelly and I'm thinking "please like me you awesome INFP!"
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Dont break eye contact, keep a dominant stance, then back away slowly,,,,
    Its funny because I ALWAYS break eye contact with ENTPs. I feel overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    #6) he is analyzing you and possibly applying pressure on you to get a reaction. Either way he is thinking about you but this could be very objective. Or his eyes got confortable in a particular spot then you sat down and he thought "oh well my eyes are confortable here and I dont want to blink."

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post

It means they are attempting to "read" you. Using extraverted intuition, ENTPs are good at reading others reactions, and as a result they are probably trying identify what you're about.
    Should I dare ask if they are actually good at reading people?

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

Depends. Sometimes I'm the centre of attention, not because I wanted to be but because other people just sorta latch onto me and want me to carry them along on my energy. Sometimes I'm quiet like the INTP, listening and observing, yet unlike the INTP, i'm sitting within the circle rather than to the side of it.

Varies hugely. I've been accused of being completely evil and manipulative but then I've also been told by someone (just this week actually) that I'm the one with the highest sense of ethics of anyone they've ever known. People tend to have an opinion on me anyway, rarely just say "oh I dunno, he's alright I guess". Love me or hate me I suppose, but notice me. They probably think I act the way I do expressly to get noticed, but I honestly don't. Most of the time though I feel like I'm just a pest and I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves so I really should shut up. I just can't!! LOL

Ah y'know... cos we don't try to be?

The word 'hot' doesn't even come close. Infuriating sometimes because their damn self critical nature means that no matter how much I try to tell them and show them that I think they're AWESOME they still hold back thinking I find them a nuisance.

Just friendlier, more chatty and light hearted, I reckon. "Sillier".

Penetrating gaze? You mean the one where I've just been thinking about something, staring in a random direction and not realized you're in what would be my line of sight if I was focusing at all? lol

Or the one where I'm trying to look cool and like I'm scrutinizing you when in fact my knees are like jelly and I'm thinking "please like me you awesome INFP!"
    Wow, who is this lucky INFP you've fallen for substitute?

MBTI
    ENTP

Should I dare ask if they are actually good at reading people?
    Much, much better than given credit for

Wow, who is this lucky INFP you've fallen for substitute?
    Haha, oh, I've lost count of them!
    I can't act on it anyway so I just enjoy their awesomeness
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh we can read people; very well in fact.
    Extroverted (E) 80%
    Intuitive (N) 90%
    Thinking (T) 84.38%
    Perceiving (P) 81.82%

8w7

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world... because its the only thing that ever has."
    -Marget Mead

"I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
    -Thomas Paine