• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who are you ENTPs

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)
Happy to be the center of attention; especially if the conversation is about something that interests me or something I care about. Like literature, science, or ecology.
Happy, too, to be just one among the crowd, when it's about playing games or improvising far-fetched "what if..." stories, or having the whole conversation in rhymes. Spontaneous humor is gold.
I enjoy debating as well as goofing off.
If the whole point of the conversation is "how nice you are here", you'll mistake me for an introvert. I'll stand there, feeling out of place, and try to be courteous.
2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)
Enthousiastic, self-centered, attention seeking, helpful.
3. Why are you guys so awesome? :heart:
No idea.
4. What do you think of INFPs?
After two or three failed attempts at a story with an INFP hero(ine), I completely switched sides and used ESTJ hero(ine)s (the last one has an INFP villain!).
Until now, because the story set-up demands a Fi-dom hero :-D
Real INFPs... They confuse me and challenge me to understand them. There's someone I've got great respect for and I guess he's an INFP. He's been my mentor through some rough times.
At the other hand, I tried to get insight in myself (during the same rough times) by attending a meditation summer camp. I suspect I've been thrown to a whole horde of INFPs there. And I didn't like that. They didn't like me either.
Let's say I've got some doubts about you. I fear you expect me to pay attention to my own feelings. If I'm allowed to be shallow and be interested in card games, stars, dragons and hypothetical universes instead of in the deeper meaning of life, I'm okay.
5. What sets you apart from the other NTs that can help discern you from them?
The Js are easy. They will not tell their plans to you, they will execute them. The N part - the ideas, concepts and such - you won't see that. You'll see them reaching their goals.
If someone blurts out "I'm working on this project, come see, it will be great once it's ready!", you're probably dealing with an ENTP. If the project seems impossible, crazy, or if there are more projects, you're almost sure you're dealing with an ENTP.
ENTPs are also great at explaining concepts and will do so at the slightest hint that someone needs their insight. They are the classmates without friends except during exam time, when everyone comes and asks them.
Discerning ENTPs from INTPs is more difficult, at least to me. I get INTP on tests now and then, and the description also suits me. I guess the ENTPs are the more attention seeking ones. They are easy conversation makers - if only they don't have to do small-talk. See above.
6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.
You mean when our eyes don't move at all? That means our brains aren't taking information from the eyes. We're daydreaming.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Christ, I have found myself attracted to an ENTP :steam:

So, there I was minding my own business when this group of people came and sat at my table (I was at a fancy little orientation, but this is not important.) Directly across from me was this guy who I have never met in my life and I really didn't have anything to say to him... Then the conversations started. I didn't do much of the talking, as usual I was just observing with something I would call minimal interest. The guy across from me was making jokes and having a great time and then made eye contact with me and heart went ABLAZE :holy:

Ok, Ok, it didn't really go like that. Anyway, I found myself really attracted to this guy but found myself to be at a lost for words anytime I am around him. But seriously, this always happens with ENTPs!!! Whether I am attracted to them or not. Something about their wit, non conformity, and integrity all bundled up in one person make me feel inferior with no real hope that any of them could ever find little old me interesting.

Enough about me; lets get down to business. I want to know more about you ENTPs. Honestly, I would take any information from anyone.

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

Female ENTP here, but I'll answer anyway....

1. I think "catalyst" is a great description! Sounds like me.

2. How do you think you appear to others?

I don't have a good understanding of how I appear to others, but I've come to embrace "fun weird" and "quirky" as descriptions. :laugh:

I wish everyone thought we were so awesome, thank you! :heart:

I don't think I know any ESTJs in RL, what are you guys like? Or wait, are you INFP? I'm confused (your avatar currently shows ESTJ). I do know I <3 INFPs. :wubbie:

See #3: I <3 INFPs. One of my besties is INFP, and I've had insta-mega-attraction to male INFPs in the past, like what you described!

I think we're weirder than most NTs, with the exception of INTPs. :laugh: (Not dissing INTPs, I heart INTPs, too!) We might appear more outgoing than other NTs when we're excited or having fun, yet overall, we're more introverted than most extroverts and often confuse ourselves for INTPs. If you see someone getting all excited explaining an idea, and they explain it intelligently, there's a good chance you're looking at an ENTP. The more random the idea, the more likely it's coming from an ENTP. And if they also happen to complain about rules, conventions, or the stupidity of the way things are, I can almost guarantee you're talking to an ENTP. :yes:

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Funny, it took me a really long time to realize that I do this. I've wondered in the past why some people wouldn't look me in the eye. Then I finally came across someone who gave me the same penetrating gaze and it took me some effort to meet and hold it, so now I understand. For me, it usually means I'm thinking about what we're talking about, and I'm thinking about the person I'm talking to and reading into them, imagining their perspective and what they are thinking and where they are coming from.

So yeah, it usually means we're really interested in talking to you. At the very worst, it occasionally indicates you happen to be in the line of a space-out stare, but a space-out stare looks different than a penetrating gaze, and I'm guessing that if you called it a penetrating gaze, it wasn't a space-out stare.

So, have we answered your questions sufficiently?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENTP is possibly the weirdest type to me. I guess because I see INTPs as being totally socially retarded, so the mental picture I get from extraverting that is something that is borderline incomprehensible.

I tend to like them a lot though. They seem to be the most bullheaded & fearless people. There does seem to be a natural affinity between them & INFP, like yin & yang to a larger intensity.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

- You've caught my interest and I'm figuring you out. Or, if I already have you figured out, then the mischievious wheels are turning in my head and I'm about to F*** with your mind... and your going to love me for it.

ahahahahahahaaha what the fuck?? nothing like a little comical delusive narcissism to brighten a late night on the internet, but please know that I think you're a total moron after reading this post & that whenever I see anything posted by you in the future I will make a concerted effort to ridicule it... "your going to love me for it" hahahaha hahaaahaahahahha, hey don't go spilling your strategy to everyone!

also love that little personal ad you wrote for yourself in the middle there... "dirty blonde hair, blue eyes" lol call me enticed!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whoa, old bump! Love all the old posts by people who at the time were claiming ENTP but moved well on from that.

If others are awkward I will try to keep conversation going by getting them onto a topic they are passionate enough to forget their awkwardness, and if conversation is interesting then I'm right in it. But generally I'm the one throwing in wisecracks every once in a while and not too much else, that's the place that is most comfortable for me.

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

Iunno. Friendly on the surface but hard to get to know, maybe.

Some say awesome, others say annoying.

They're puzzles, and very tough for me to get close to, I mean tougher than most others. I have my defenses, they have theirs and when one is pushing forwards the other is invarably pulling back. Other than that I often love the humour, the quirkiness, the caring without being soppy. The emo and stubborn I don't love so much. INFP is the one type that I can smell a mile away but then have no idea what to do with that info.

In my case, a softer edge, strong Fe that means while I don't care what you think/feel much of the time I still don't want to hurt you by being uncaring.

The what? =/

I tend to frown all the time, it means I'm thinking. Looking at you and frowning means I'm looking at you, while still thinking. I always think.

ENTP is possibly the weirdest type to me. I guess because I see INTPs as being totally socially retarded, so the mental picture I get from extraverting that is something that is borderline incomprehensible.

I tend to like them a lot though. They seem to be the most bullheaded & fearless people. There does seem to be a natural affinity between them & INFP, like yin & yang to a larger intensity.

An INFP just said that ENTP was the weirdest type? :shock: :biggrin:

You sure you're not thinking of ENTJs with that last part there?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To me it's the weirdest, conceptually speaking. I have an abstracted concept of them like I have an abstracted concept of every type & theirs is most alien to my ways of thinking. Which isn't what you'd expect I guess, since it's not the opposite to INFP. But for some reason it's easier to comprehend the exact opposite of your type than one that's sort of midway between, because you just imagine yourself doing everything the opposite way. ESTJ to me makes perfect sense-- they just want to keep things operating smoothly, & want to make sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to. ENTJ is easy too, since it's like the stereotype of your bold-leader type individual. ENTP's sort of midway between INFP & ESTJ, so you have to triangulate.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
To me it's the weirdest, conceptually speaking. I have an abstracted concept of them like I have an abstracted concept of every type & theirs is most alien to my ways of thinking. Which isn't what you'd expect I guess, since it's not the opposite to INFP. But for some reason it's easier to comprehend the exact opposite of your type than one that's sort of midway between, because you just imagine yourself doing everything the opposite way. ESTJ to me makes perfect sense-- they just want to keep things operating smoothly, & want to make sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to. ENTJ is easy too, since it's like the stereotype of your bold-leader type individual. ENTP's sort of midway between INFP & ESTJ, so you have to triangulate.

Whatever weird concept you have concerning ENTPs, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably not that far from reality.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If you've seen them, you know them.

Edit. You may not understand them... But you'll know them.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Dang it I missed it! Wait-a-minute I'm one! I'll just look at myself. *gets lost in his own eyes*... oh, you guys are still here? Sorry :cheese:

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ahahahahahahaaha what the fuck?? nothing like a little comical delusive narcissism to brighten a late night on the internet, but please know that I think you're a total moron after reading this post & that whenever I see anything posted by you in the future I will make a concerted effort to ridicule it... "your going to love me for it" hahahaha hahaaahaahahahha, hey don't go spilling your strategy to everyone!

also love that little personal ad you wrote for yourself in the middle there... "dirty blonde hair, blue eyes" lol call me enticed!

first my eyes are steel-blue not just blue.

and second I can't believe you called me a moron without even knowing me, I think I might go cry myself to sleep. But its still early so I'll do that later. Nice to know your enticed by my moronic charm though.

A

A window to the soul

Wow, cold. Have you tried steaming it and mixing in some melted cheese?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

What he doesn't know is that he is already trapped... Poor soul.