User Tag List

Thread: INTJ vs ENTP

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTJ vs ENTP

I have been reading these forums for several years on and off and I must say I have enjoyed lurking. I do have a question for all those out there who are undoubtedly more qualified in this area. I have taken the myers briggs test many different times and over a span of many years. Every time I have taken the test I am either an INTJ or ENTP, the preference for extraversion vs introversion or judging vs perceiving is extremely small (nearly negligible). In contrast my preference for NT is extremely high (almost 100%). Is this common? Does anyone else out there have the same preferences? For those that do, which type do you believe best fits you? To me it seems like a large conflict of interests so to speak when reading the descriptions of the two types. Thanks!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

You could still be INTJ if your Te is really well developed. Both of those types do not share any functions though. So I'd check that.
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting, I did some reading on Te and that sounds more like me. I like to jump in and start working and figure it out as I go. I wonder why I get those two types on the test if they don't really have anything in common?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cj1122 View Post
    Interesting, I did some reading on Te and that sounds more like me. I like to jump in and start working and figure it out as I go. I wonder why I get those two types on the test if they don't really have anything in common?
    This sounds like ENTP. INTJs are more likely to plan the heck out of everything before we even get started.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

ENTPs are more child-like. Ne has a quality which makes NPs appear like a child. ENTP will try to appear goofy and even strange.
    Just read the page to see the difference between INTJ and ENTP as well as other types. The link gives objective descriptions how types act based on their cognitive functions.
    Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Romancing Styles
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I would suggest you read up on all of the functions, get a comprehensive, personalized view of what they mean. And take a cognitive functions based test if you can. I believe "keys2cognition" has one.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you read up on all of the functions, get a comprehensive, personalized view of what they mean. And take a cognitive functions based test if you can. I believe "keys2cognition" has one.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

MBTI
    INTJ

I make a loose plan on what I'm going to do and make sure there are contingencies and then rely on improvisation to "fill in the blanks". I am definitely far more reserved than goofy or childlike, I guess I do need to read up on everything more haha

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Actually ENTPs and INTJs share a lot of similarities. One thing to note is the same function stacking except in opposite orientation. Both have intuitive perceiving as their dominant function followed by thinking, feeling , and sensing last. In this regard I'd say our cognitive process is the same. The difference is where we focus that process.
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

From what writes in this thread I think that it is much more likely that you are ENTP. You don't have very strong focus that INTJs tend to have and you sound as pretty fun loving person.

However it is not impossible that you are some third type, tests are not the final say what you are.