• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do you feel about emotional appeal as a persuasive method?

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a friend try to manipulate me once and excusing it because he had a sick family member and couldnt think straight. My logic was if i cant trust you at your worst to not be a dick then why should I be friends with you at all?

I sat down with him and told him I dont want to be friends anymore. He started crying. Dug himself a deeper hole if you ask me. Week later he comes to apologize. I tell him it doesnt matter because he is dead to me.

Im assuming guilt trips and heart string tactic works out for him often. Its a scenario i see him often use. Its a branch off of the fear tactic
Makes sense why you see it implemented often. I just want the truth. I feel like truth is always worth the baggage that comes with it.

Mole

Permabanned
The hallmark of emotional intelligence is restraint. Yes, the hallmark of emotional intelligence is emotional restraint.

So it is harder to manipulate or control the emotionally intelligent.

And for those who have mastered emotional restraint it is easier to think critically.

Unfortunately the zeitgeist leads us towards emotional expression and leads us to believe we are entitled to express our emotions willy nilly.