• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why are INTJs stereotyped as super logical and good at debates

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The stereotype that INTJs are good at debate is a terrible lie and should be abolished. :coffee:

It's a propagation from ENFP...lol. Well, my mom(enfp) always says I should talk to my dad(INTJ) because he is good at that stuff. We just come to the agreement of we disagree. He is stubborn and my logic is solid. I am not in it to win and he is not in it to change. Then we end up on another topic. He sees what I say and can't dispute and I see his opinion and let him be who he wants.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not a controlled environment, it's an environment which is not representative of the general population. Or do you mean controlled because of mods?
I don't think that would change the tactics you describe much. Though I don't have a solid opinion either way.

Mods. Over time, I've seen debating tactics of individuals on this site much improved due to moderation. An INTJ with less astute interlocutors than TypoC members gets away with more crap, imo.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mods. Over time, I've seen debating tactics of individuals on this site much improved due to moderation. An INTJ with less astute interlocutors than TypoC members gets away with more crap, imo.

I think that would apply to any type when it comes to debate.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I havent read all the rest of this thread, cause my attention span is limited to boobs. But I was eager to ask, where you see that difference between chaos and entropy ? :D

In the context of mechanical trouble shooting I use "entropy" as short hand for "letting things settle" or "wearing it in" etc, and "chaos" as "stress testing" or "throwing random scenarios at it" in the "entropy" meantime.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In the context of mechanical trouble shooting I use "entropy" as short hand for "letting things settle" or "wearing it in" etc, and "chaos" as "stress testing" or "throwing random scenarios at it" in the "entropy" meantime.

That makes sense !

That would be the perfect analogy describing me debating with an INTJ. While I am increasing in chaotical nonsenical theories trieing to prove a point, the intj says nothing and lets things not settle down but boil up. And then when he sees that I have reached a point of total inner controversy, yet lack the last spark to explode, he throws some dynamite into the reaction and watches the fireworks. :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The point is that TypoC does not showcase typical INTJ debating.

Nor does it showcase typical ENTP debating as is obvious by the lack of broken, discredited and publicly shamed people around these parts :coffee:.

What's your point. We're human beings, we're supposed to be adaptable.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nor does it showcase typical ENTP debating as is obvious by the lack of broken, discredited and publicly shamed people around these parts :coffee:.

What's your point. We're human beings, we're supposed to be adaptable.

You old raisin ah aint got no ahdea what u iz toe kin bout, so clam up da chowduh mouth and zip it like it's hot, fo shizzle.

We're talking about INTJ's, Eck.

Any cheeto, another tactic they use is not accepting the premise of the argument. If you've got them cornered with something, like you're saying you did X wrong, then they'll never address X, and keep insisting on Y. This is a function of Ni.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You old raisin ah aint got no ahdea what u iz toe kin bout, so clam up da chowduh mouth and zip it like it's hot, fo shizzle.

We're talking about INTJ's, Eck.

Any cheeto, another tactic they use is not accepting the premise of the argument. If you've got them cornered with something, like you're saying you did X wrong, then they'll never address X, and keep insisting on Y. This is a function of Ni.

I don't know man. I mean I do that too. Does that make me Ni?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know man. I mean I do that too. Does that make me Ni?

More likely you've got your ENTPness in a wad because the thread suggests that INTJ's are great debaters rather than ENTP's. I expect INTJ's to be more careful and calculating with their words because it costs them energy. You ENTP's just run at the mouth. You might not even realize why you said what you said until afterwards.

No, just a man....LMAO...sorry, couldn't help it

LMAO! That's hilarious! Are you free next week for a radio show booking? It is that kind of wit that they are looking for.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
More likely you've got your ENTPness in a wad because the thread suggests that INTJ's are great debaters rather than ENTP's. I expect INTJ's to be more careful and calculating with their words because it costs them energy. You ENTP's just run at the mouth. You might not even realize why you said what you said until afterwards.
Nah. Just chatting.
:popc1:

but please do go on

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah. Just chatting.
:popc1:

but please do go on

Your Je is weak, you will be crushed with false accusation about intentions until you cant see straight. Reducing your image to nothing...in theory

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LMAO! That's hilarious! Are you free next week for a radio show booking? It is that kind of wit that they are looking for.

Ni with Fi causes mental masterbation that feels oh so good

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Your Je is weak, you will be crushed with false accusation about intentions until you cant see straight. Reducing your image to nothing...in theory
The thing about people and their intentions, is that that their words can't really touch you if you don't give a fuck

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The thing about people and their intentions, is that that their words can't really touch you if you don't give a fuck
If you were any more on topic, you would be like the the Topicman, the superhero who's power is to stay on topic.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Quick, but Ne couldn't determine priority and importance if their life depended on it. To much run and not enough analyze...in other words...solid argument that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

In a debate, it's more about the sizzle than the steak.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a debate, it's more about the sizzle than the steak.

Depends on who your debating against. One trick ponies only work good when up against that one trick. They sizzle and die fast. Takes more then a single debate to be a good debator