First 4567 Last

Thread: No Thought?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Your thoughts effect your feelings effect your thoughts effect your feelings and vice-versa. Cognitive therapy relies on this concept. I'm not sure whether it is type related or not. The only observation I can make with much certainty is that, at least with my NT husband and I, it is easier for him to suppress emotions and just do what needs to be done, while I need to process the emotions before I can really deal with a situation. Both qualities have their pros and cons and we consider ourselves fortunate because having both allows us to work well as a team and be strong while the other is weak.

I think the difference you may be looking for is one of closure, though. If I can't find closure through reasoning out why a negative situation has occurred and how to prevent it from occurring in the future, I find it very difficult to let it go and move on.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

what I tend to do is apply reason to what is causing an emotion and that generally kills it
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

ThatGirl

Analagy Check it out.

Youve been working on a 1,500,000,000 piece 3D puzzle of the solar system and everything looks wonderfull. You are down to your last three peices but you keep checking over the puzzle and there are only two open holes. So you keep reasessing the puzzle and reassessing the puzzle. You try combinations of two of the last three pieces and not of them fit together. But there is the rest of the puzzle, minus the three that dont fit anywhere. You start to read the box, or think you make have gotten somewhere there were two identically cut pieces by chance, and you may have used the wrong one throwing the entire puzzle off. Every solutions nets the same result so finally you say. I can't do it because I am tired and not thinking clearly. So you dont allow your self to focus on the puzzle until you get rest. Which may be a while because now that you think its because your tired your not feeling tired anymore or never were or whatever. But you have shifted focus away from the puzzle which could have its own bennifitial elements to it rather than completion or perhaps the completeion will come from distance.

This is probably the first time I have tangibly allowed myself to not follow a thought through to completetion. And yes it feels like cheating. Noone has done this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^^^ I do this when a video game gets frustrating, but I do it to keep from blowing up.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Analagy Check it out.

Youve been working on a 1,500,000,000 piece 3D puzzle of the solar system and everything looks wonderfull. You are down to your last three peices but you keep checking over the puzzle and there are only two open holes. So you keep reasessing the puzzle and reassessing the puzzle. You try combinations of two of the last three pieces and not of them fit together. But there is the rest of the puzzle, minus the three that dont fit anywhere. You start to read the box, or think you make have gotten somewhere there were two identically cut pieces by chance, and you may have used the wrong one throwing the entire puzzle off. Every solutions nets the same result so finally you say. I can't do it because I am tired and not thinking clearly. So you dont allow your self to focus on the puzzle until you get rest. Which may be a while because now that you think its because your tired your not feeling tired anymore or never were or whatever. But you have shifted focus away from the puzzle which could have its own bennifitial elements to it rather than completion or perhaps the completeion will come from distance.

This is probably the first time I have tangibly allowed myself to not follow a thought through to completetion. And yes it feels like cheating. Noone has done this?
    You haven't turned anything into a feeling here.

Did that actually happen to you?
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It sounds like you're talking about going with your gut.

heart on fire

Wow, it's like a super Ne storm. I get these but I'd never actually attempt to type them out for public consumption. Usually means I need to lay off caffiene and get more sleep.

ThatGirl

Hm

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I got nothin' for ya, TG. *sends hugs and stuff*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sometimes you have to give your conscious mind a break and let your subconscious work on the problem for awhile. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the pieces just don't exist. *shrug*
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers