User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ok thanks for the reply, another question if i may?

how is this related to MBTI...can you find a link between the two?
    Yes...this letting go which I describe in my example is more of a right brain function. Structure is a left brain function. Every person is born with one side of the brain being more dominant than the other. This simply means that it is the first filter that information is put through in order for things to make sense to us. Not that we don't use both... It is simply first.

Types with variations of the STJs rely much more heavily on their left side (structure) for making sense of the world while NFPs on their right are more prone to make sense of information conceptually and in broader terms (less structure).

Is this true across the board? No, because our environment and the people we grow up with will influence which side of the brain gets developed more intentionally. MBTI is a way to decipher the brain's preference if it wasn't influenced by the outside world. Since we have the ability to do all functions what actually ends up being developed is sometimes what our parents tell us is best. That's why you'll have so many people wondering if their type is true or not...some of the lines have been grayed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    Yes...this letting go which I describe in my example is more of a right brain function. Structure is a left brain function. Every person is born with one side of the brain being more dominant than the other. This simply means that it is the first filter that information is put through in order for things to make sense to us. Not that we don't use both... It is simply first.

Types with variations of the STJs rely much more heavily on their left side (structure) for making sense of the world while NFPs on their right are more prone to make sense of information conceptually and in broader terms (less structure).

Is this true across the board? No, because our environment and the people we grow up with will influence which side of the brain gets developed more intentionally. MBTI is a way to decipher the brain's preference if it wasn't influenced by the outside world. Since we have the ability to do all functions what actually ends up being developed is sometimes what our parents tell us is best. That's why you'll have so many people wondering if their type is true or not...some of the lines have been grayed.
    i know this to be true to a point. remember personality type is related to different areas of the brain. bear with me this might be slightly off NT --> frontal lobe NF --> perreinial lobe (sorry for the spelling) SP --> temporal lobe SJ --> occipital lobe

i also meant is this related to the functions in mbti
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

what do you mean exactly by the functions of mbti?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

you know Si, Ni, Se, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te ? those

sorry for being so vague
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

In my training work, I find that the correlation of the functions is more vital in how the brain learns and therefore how I teach a group than addressing the separate functions.
    So how much structure I use depends on the type of audience.

When I coach individuals, the separate functions are helpful in understanding why someone considers something important or not. Which in turn helps to figure out what is motivating to them, what isn't, and what the person needs to focus on in order to achieve their goals.

My approach is more structured with those who have an appeal for it and less so for those that don't.