User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't characterize creativity with randomness. Creativity is the brain making connections it has not made before. That is an unstructured thought. There is always a context.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    I don't characterize creativity with randomness. Creativity is the brain making connections it has not made before. That is an unstructured thought. There is always a context.
    I guess it comes down to your idea of creativity....I'm a perfectionist so my concept may differ from others. I was speaking in a context of art. A child going apeshit with finger paints could be viewed as creativity.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    ENFP

The unstructured thought process that goes into creativity and the subjective perception if something is creative are two very different things to me.

The process of creativity is unstructured. The judgment if something is creative is structured.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I disagree with this completely.
    What is your reasoning behind this?
    Hit like a heavyweight, breathe deep, meditate
    Make the whole crowd get loud, make 'em levitate
    I ride through my city like a presidential candidate
    L-A-X, Phantom double-R, and accelerate

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    Iq tests, chess game etc are good for people with structured thinking but in which fields is unstructured thinking prefered?? In which situations are structured thoughts preferable and in which the opposite?
    Whatever does not require much logical thinking. Where the preference for Feeling over Thinking is distinctly expressed.

The arts.
    Literature.
    Counselling.
    Nursing.

And so on..where you just put whatever non-sense your mind has conjured out there without thinking through.

There is no such thing as unstructured thought. As thought and logic are the same thing. All thinking could be described in logical terms. Some thought processes are considered 'good thinking' because they are in tune with principles of logic, other thought processes are considered 'flawed thinking' because they do not follow the principles of logic.

The difference between structured thought and unstructured is that between sound and unsound thinking.

The latter could be useful not for the property of being unsound thought itself, but because shutting down your thinking faculties may leave room for expression of emotion which is of benefit under a number of circumstances.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, nurses are real loose cannons.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

"Structure is a fundamental and sometimes intangible notion covering the recognition, observation, nature, and stability of patterns and relationships of entities."

Thank you Wikipedia lol

My question is what is the application to this in the real world (structued vs. unstructured)?
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    As thought and logic are the same thing.
    Where'd this one come from? Have you been taking advice from lolcats or something?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP

My question is what is the application to this in the real world (structued vs. unstructured)?[/QUOTE]

I am a trainer...

For me a real time application is when I am going to create a new presentation on complex content. I usually go for a walk and let my mind wander. To me that means I am not trying to guide where the thoughts go or care why they have come up...

At first my mind will go to certain places it's used to going but slowly that begins to fade and I let go...

My imagination begins to take over and I let it go to different ways I can present this new information. I haven't structured this training material yet. I haven't organized it... I am simply exploring different creative ways to do it. Some are ridiculous and some are boring but usually one will somehow standout.

I'll take that unstructured idea and then try to impose structure with the content at hand and decide if it is viable or not.

Does that make sense?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ok thanks for the reply, another question if i may?

how is this related to MBTI...can you find a link between the two?
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1