User Tag List

First 123 Last

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ha! Those wild boys.. were you hoping they'd take you to Rio?

LOL!

You better believe it! And possibly have a priest in the limousine so Simon and I can get married that instant!

MBTI
    INTP

Does anybody let their minds wander when they write?

What I mean by that is do you ever just follow a stream of emotionally fueled thought in your writing. Almost like a journal writing without much conscious intervention in the form of relating to an audience( more of the notepad being a receptor of your "unconscious thoughts").

I read a book today about some famous writers and how a lot of their escapist dreams, daydreams, and thoughts were excellent source material for their writing. I think it would be interesting to see if certain types have more ability in this type of writing, or if any conclusions or corollaries can be drawn from the general themes of each type or whathaveyou.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Does anybody let their minds wander when they write?

What I mean by that is do you ever just follow a stream of emotionally fueled thought in your writing. Almost like a journal writing without much conscious intervention in the form of relating to an audience( more of the notepad being a receptor of your "unconscious thoughts").

I read a book today about some famous writers and how a lot of their escapist dreams, daydreams, and thoughts were excellent source material for their writing. I think it would be interesting to see if certain types have more ability in this type of writing, or if any conclusions or corollaries can be drawn from the general themes of each type or whathaveyou.
    Yep, the subsconscious is very powerful.. it can be released in a sorta meditative state.. so that you are gently guiding, but like a lucid dream, the subconscious creates. It's fun

MBTI
    INTP

to sort of compare my thoughts to jeffsters post, personally, I am in sort a meditative state most of the time. A lot of my daydreams have extreme physical rootings. Basically its a state where I'm heavily entrenched in my mind and the subject matter is what is actually happening outside of my head but with a somewhat moderate fantasy tinge.

If something challenging calls my attention I'll immediately revert back and get my bearings( I usually have to sort of track back to know what actually happened) a little bit and proceed with whatever called my attention. I prefer to focus on my somewhat fantasy tinged representation of the world because it feels like I sort of have an ability for Jason Borne like decision making in that I can follow a pattern see the possibilities retreat, rinse, and repeat.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Self-Pronounced professional N daydreamer:

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

wow why is everyone saying no?

daydreaming is totally an N thing. not N like your type has to be xNxx. but N like the Intuition function. with no Intuition, there would certainly be no daydreaming (although it's kind of a moot point as humans would be entirely worthless without Intuition and would die pretty quickly )

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm not sure if I daydream so much as zone out.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

it would be wrong to say that S's don't day dream but i do think N's day dream MORE. we strive to be original, we don't care if our heads' in the clouds and our feet's not on the ground. heck, we like it. we want to be creative, we want to be original. i think day dreaming has a lot of that.

i also think i agree with usehername's theory. not saying that N's can't be master or phsyical skills or whatever, but i always find that my mind wanders. i can't and don't want to blank it out but sometimes that makes me focus on other things when i guess i should be focusing on what my senses are telling me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    it would be wrong to say that S's don't day dream but i do think N's day dream MORE. we strive to be original, we don't care if our heads' in the clouds and our feet's not on the ground. heck, we like it. we want to be creative, we want to be original. i think day dreaming has a lot of that.

i also think i agree with usehername's theory. not saying that N's can't be master or phsyical skills or whatever, but i always find that my mind wanders. i can't and don't want to blank it out but sometimes that makes me focus on other things when i guess i should be focusing on what my senses are telling me.
    agreed.

N's tend to do it more then S's.

also mentioned above that everybody uses N and its an N function...agreed also
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

FigerPuppet

I sometimes have to concentrate to keep myself from wandering off into my imagination while listening to lectures.