• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Dads

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you always want to have kids?
Are you glad you have kids?
If you could go back in time and not have kids would you do it?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Wife not yet preggo, but I'm personally very excited to have kids.

Yes: as far back as I can remember, I've wanted kids. I've always had a natural rapport with younger children while growing up (large family), and decided at a young age that I wanted some of my own.

Whether they want me is really the question.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wife not yet preggo, but I'm personally very excited to have kids.

Yes: as far back as I can remember, I've wanted kids. I've always had a natural rapport with younger children while growing up (large family), and decided at a young age that I wanted some of my own.

Whether they want me is really the question.

You're an ENTP? I thought you were an INTJ.

lol something tells me they will want you, Night.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I've been an INTJ for most of my life.

My recent job switch = far less burdensome minutiae with which to pollute my soul.

ENTP is a more natural fit.
When I'm not frowny, I'm an ENTP.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
me pap is an ENTP
he is one of the most caring peoples i know

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Did you always want to have kids?
Are you glad you have kids?
If you could go back in time and not have kids would you do it?

I just had a girl a few months ago, so I haven't been at this long, but

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was gonna contribute but I figured my situation is too anomalous for me to be of any use as an example of ENTP fatherhood... not least because I'm simultaneously my kids' biological mother...:wacko:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think I would enjoy being a father, but it's too soon now- lol.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
While technically off topic, I just want to say that my dad is an ENTP and he's the BEST. He's very expressive (always tells my sis and I how proud of us he is), has this fantastically wacky sense of humor (ex. imagine a white dude walking around with a laundary basket on his head singing "ba-naaaaa-nas" in honor of his Haitian wife...), always supportive no matter what (never once have I felt like I let him down), and a worthy opponent for political and religious debate. To sum it up, he's crazy about his wife (of 25 years), loves his kids, and is an all around great human being. ENTP dads = awesomeness.

side note: my mom's an INFJ... how cool is that?

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I have two bastard babies. I dont pay child support. Actually they were mistakes. So whatever. The girl can deal with them.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have two bastard babies. I dont pay child support. Actually they were mistakes. So whatever. The girl can deal with them.

Oh dear. Do you feel lighter? I think your heart must have fallen out. Where was the last place you had it?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I'm XNTP, and I would love to have kids; I think I'd make a fantastic father, too.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I. Extremely. Dislike. My ENTP father.

On a side note: I really like your avatar Sunshine.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, why are so curious about this topic?

ENTP descriptions aren't very father-ish. (lol now that I think of it, are any descriptions fatherish?...hmm ISFP seemed a lil motherish/fatherish). I guess I got curious.