User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Clicking

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I'm not sure if it's an Ni thing. I always thought it was just observation.

I can usually tell within 5 minutes the sort of relationship I can have with a person based on what they say and how they move. Sometimes even less if they interact with me more thoroughly than a usual stranger.

These relationships usually happen exactly as I thought they would. Not always, though, because circumstances sometimes get in the way. (for instance, there's this girl at work that I know I'd be great friends with, but she happens to work on the other side of the building and our two jobs don't come together very often, so we settle for chatting on the fly)
    I do too.

I guess I just think it's Ni because:
    Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition.

I think it's reading the body language and what they are saying and making subconscious connections. It's information that is hard to understand and dissect I think, the connection between body language, what they've said, and past experiences. That allows us to sense the future of the relationship. Sense what type it will most likely be.

Though of course things happen and we are not always right. Just usually right.

Like an underlying potential that you can easily sense in the person. Though it's up to you and that person to get there. And even the smallest changes can have a large effect.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    lol

its funny because i dont look at peoples body lauguage as much as facial expressions (im aware thats technically body language). facial expression is much easier for me to read.

props for being able to do that
    Well I was just asking if he did that stuff subconsciously because...
    well if he did it consciously it would sound very close to stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    ah.

i do it - but i pair Ni with Se
    i look at there body language-since people comminicate the most when they are not talking, and when they are hiding something

a girl who folds her arms-permissible
    but if she walks while doing so - much too passive

If her hips are on a 5/4 time signature while the rest of her body is 4/4
    yay-she has character-spunk

other than that - its facial expressions-what they wear
    high heel shoes are usually a no no
    i like a girl who goes for smart and comfortable-and wouldn't put herself in pain just to look cute
    loose linen-loose jeans-i heard tight is not all that comfortable

i signify glasses with someone who is so discerning that their eyes have suffered for it

eye contact-if you don't make direct eye contact-either weary of strangers or a coward
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    NeTi

It's not Ni. Having an (accurate) intuition for people usually a dominant Ne thing (ENxP).
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    could be Se.

Ni maybe. Define what you mean by "clicking" a little more...
    the rapport is easy, almost as if you have known them for a long time.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post

Do you or do you not?

"Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition."
    I do. It was only once, though, and with my INFP bff.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Heh, yeah, I can generally tell exactly what I'll think of a person within about two minutes of being in the same room as them. I'm occasionally wrong, but even if I am, I tend to end up spending a fair amount of time with that person anyhow.

I'm not sure which function I'd attribute it to. Sometimes it's probably Ni, as I won't be able to come up with any real reason for why I have an opinion, but I notice that for people whose personalities I can't stand, there also seems to be some physical trait of theirs that annoys me to no end, which sort of leads me to think that it's a Ni + Se combo. I'm guessing that Ne + Si would generate the same sort of thing, though probably not quite in the same way, as would Se/Ni and Si/Ne.

I did however just pull that explanation out of the top of my head just now, which means that it probably makes little sense and is presented in a way that's not quite understandable. Ah well, I'm too tired at the moment to make any real sense.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    It's not Ni. Having an (accurate) intuition for people usually a dominant Ne thing (ENxP).
    LOL

No, that's bull.
    wails from the crypt.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's all bull, don't pick and choose you poof.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    LOL

No, that's bull.
    No its not

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah it is.

Practically every Ne I come into contact with hits me with the "You are full of surprises/You're not who I thought you'd be" line.

INCLUDING YOU!
    wails from the crypt.