• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Clicking

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not sure if it's an Ni thing. I always thought it was just observation.

I can usually tell within 5 minutes the sort of relationship I can have with a person based on what they say and how they move. Sometimes even less if they interact with me more thoroughly than a usual stranger.

These relationships usually happen exactly as I thought they would. Not always, though, because circumstances sometimes get in the way. (for instance, there's this girl at work that I know I'd be great friends with, but she happens to work on the other side of the building and our two jobs don't come together very often, so we settle for chatting on the fly)

I do too.

I guess I just think it's Ni because:
Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition.

I think it's reading the body language and what they are saying and making subconscious connections. It's information that is hard to understand and dissect I think, the connection between body language, what they've said, and past experiences. That allows us to sense the future of the relationship. Sense what type it will most likely be.

Though of course things happen and we are not always right. Just usually right. :D

Like an underlying potential that you can easily sense in the person. Though it's up to you and that person to get there. And even the smallest changes can have a large effect.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
lol

its funny because i dont look at peoples body lauguage as much as facial expressions (im aware thats technically body language). facial expression is much easier for me to read.

props for being able to do that

Well I was just asking if he did that stuff subconsciously because...
well if he did it consciously it would sound very close to stalking. :ninja:

ah.

i do it - but i pair Ni with Se
i look at there body language-since people comminicate the most when they are not talking, and when they are hiding something

a girl who folds her arms-permissible
but if she walks while doing so - much too passive

If her hips are on a 5/4 time signature while the rest of her body is 4/4
yay-she has character-spunk

other than that - its facial expressions-what they wear
high heel shoes are usually a no no
i like a girl who goes for smart and comfortable-and wouldn't put herself in pain just to look cute
loose linen-loose jeans-i heard tight is not all that comfortable

i signify glasses with someone who is so discerning that their eyes have suffered for it

eye contact-if you don't make direct eye contact-either weary of strangers or a coward

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
It's not Ni. Having an (accurate) intuition for people usually a dominant Ne thing (ENxP).

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
could be Se.

Ni maybe. Define what you mean by "clicking" a little more...

the rapport is easy, almost as if you have known them for a long time.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:doh:
Do you or do you not? :blush:

"Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition."

I do. It was only once, though, and with my INFP bff.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Heh, yeah, I can generally tell exactly what I'll think of a person within about two minutes of being in the same room as them. I'm occasionally wrong, but even if I am, I tend to end up spending a fair amount of time with that person anyhow.

I'm not sure which function I'd attribute it to. Sometimes it's probably Ni, as I won't be able to come up with any real reason for why I have an opinion, but I notice that for people whose personalities I can't stand, there also seems to be some physical trait of theirs that annoys me to no end, which sort of leads me to think that it's a Ni + Se combo. I'm guessing that Ne + Si would generate the same sort of thing, though probably not quite in the same way, as would Se/Ni and Si/Ne.

I did however just pull that explanation out of the top of my head just now, which means that it probably makes little sense and is presented in a way that's not quite understandable. Ah well, I'm too tired at the moment to make any real sense.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah it is.

Practically every Ne I come into contact with hits me with the "You are full of surprises/You're not who I thought you'd be" line.

INCLUDING YOU!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmm. I guess you can't call it intuition if you have to read the manual before you have any idea what's goin' on.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
Yeah it is.

Practically every Ne I come into contact with hits me with the "You are full of surprises/You're not who I thought you'd be" line.

INCLUDING YOU!

Consider that a compliment. It means you're interesting.

EDIT: Or you're wrong about them being Ne-dominant.

T

ThatGirl

Yeah it is.

INCLUDING YOU!

That is because I was going off of an assumption based on you're MBTI type. Which you are not consistant with. I still swear you're moderatly introverted.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well even with you off the list there's still plenty others.

T

ThatGirl

And the surprise factor is usually related to minute detail while Ne has a grand understanding of personal concepts

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ni has the greatest view of the human trajectory.

Humans are defined by their actions (including their thoughts) so the ability to predict and prevision that Ni commands is the best source of human concepts.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's odd. I suspect Ni. But I do it with everyone I meet in real life.

I somehow sense the person.

Then with about 5% of all the people I meet, I am somewhat comfortable with. That percent could easily become a friend in a month or two.

Then with about 2% of all the people I meet, I automatically click with them from the start. They could easily become my friend in one or two days. They could share complex discussions with me from day two. I would initially be shocked since no one has ever opened up to me like that. But nonetheless I would feel comfortable.

Anyone else like this, or am I just crazy? Is it a Ni thing?

Yes, this is very similar to my experience. My husband is one of the very last ones... he and I talked 9 hours straight the first night, 14 hours straight the next, and we discussed marriage right away. We were married 8 months later :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, this is very similar to my experience. My husband is one of the very last ones... he and I talked 9 hours straight the first night, 14 hours straight the next, and we discussed marriage right away. We were married 8 months later :D

what type do you suspect your husband to be ?