• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most Submissive MBTI Type ?

What is the most submissive MBTI type?

• Total voters

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gdi, now it looks as if I'm part of something. I knew I should have gone with ESTJ.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
phobic 6, 9, and 2. so yeah, ISFJ ;)

as an infp, i can be very passive but not submissive.

Litsnob

Oh sarcasm and drama on the internet is something I screw up all the time. I use it-people take me seriously. Maybe my sense of humour is just weird.

Litsnob

I am not at a point where I have typed everyone I know but I would guess that the types that want harmony, lack of conflict and everybody comfortable might be submissive. And I am one of those types. I would make a very good dominatrix, but I don't think that is the question here. I would think it would be quite situation dependent.

Both myself and my ISFJ mother are peace keepers and conflict avoiders but in a safe environment we can be very assertive. The family joke is that mum is always right and rules don't apply to her. But she has an extroverted, rather rude and inconsiderate acquaintance who exhausts her and she prefers not to make it worse for herself by challenging this person. I don't see her or myself as submissive, I see us as people who make decisions about conserving our energy.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ, especially ISFJ women in my experiences. They tend to be super religious, and inherently submissive as it's part of their religion. Plus most ISFJs put others first and genuinely enjoy caring for people. They are the type that likes structure and follows rules and guidelines, but usually doesn't impose them on others.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
frustrated+sigh.gif

What is dead may never die.

The only correlation I could see it that perhaps introverts may be more likely to be passive than extroverted types. And maybe feelers. Beyond that, well, really depends on the individual, the kind of environment they were raised in, their temperament, etc.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
phobic 6, 9, and 2. so yeah, ISFJ ;)

as an infp, i can be very passive but not submissive.

I'm afraid that all the INFP's I've met, and plenty of them through meetups, although seemingly passive and peaceful in nature, its no denying there is an undercurrent of angst and frustration underneath the surface when you get to know them personally. If there were a such thing as a stereotypical paradox within each type, it would be regarded as example:

INFP-harmonious/defensive
ISFJ-agreeable/stubborn
ESFJ-warm/impersonal

I'm sure there are INFP's out there that are submissive, but they seem resilient to being told what they should do or who they should be due to the variant nature of FI.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ-agreeable/stubborn

!!! This is so real. I'm totally agreeable on a more superficial level but the closer someone gets to me, the more they realize I'm actually stubborn as a mule.

Lovermanshaba

MBTI Type
INTP
Alright, writing those off! I'm an ENTP, I'm as bossy as they come. It's not that fun when people just kind of go along with your crap just because.
Thats because you'e an ENTP wasteman who wants to be challenged then shut others down for your self righteous belief system

~Alissia~

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely not me :p. The ideal is okay....if it meant no stress or problems and I could just do what I want to do...but pretty sure that is not the definition of submissive, lol

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yama and [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] has truly messed up the survey. Boo!

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type doesn't have a say in this.

I know, everyone would like to suggest ISFJ, INFP or I-F something yet when it boils down to the type, an ISFJ can give your arse a good thrashing if your will overpowers the will of the "masses" that they perceive. Try to antagonize their Fe and see if they are submissive or batshit crazy.

An INFP will just cut you loose if you chastise their Fi.

We are talking about healthy types here though. Unhealthiness in MBTI can manifest in very many forms, and this can concern submissiveness or an over-dominance. This basically boils down to the psychological health level of the person, not their type.

Suaimhneas

Just as if you wouldn't like a man to be feminine, nobody wants a women to be masculine. Submissive women are one of the most feminine sexy women. Not just what they say, but their submissive body language is very feminine.

You are speaking in absolutes here and when referring to the preferences of the human race... that's just not going to be accurate. I definitely think there are some people who would prefer their female partners to be dominant... whether it be in general or in situations when it counts to them. This is your opinion and that's okay, because it's your life, but there is nothing wrong with a woman that has stereotypically 'masculine' traits. In fact, submissive partners can be a huge turn off for certain individuals.

sub·mis·sive

səbˈmisiv
adjective
ready to conform to an authority or the will of others.

I think most of the submissive NFPs unicorn cases can be explained by mistypes and behavioral misreads. Or for Hank...try these words.

in·dif·fer·ent
inˈdif(ə)rənt/
adjective
having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned.

de·tached
dəˈtaCHt/
adjective
separate or disconnected

un·com·mit·ted
ˌənkəˈmitid/
adjective
not committed to a cause, activity, etc.

ca·su·al
ˈkaZHo͞oəl/
adjective
relaxed and unconcerned.

As stated above, in my experience Fi dominant users that are 'submissive' are actually just passive or apathetic... they simply don't feel it's worth their time or energy to make it a big deal. It's also possible if they are suffering from low self esteem or something of the sort. That being said, when you hit their trigger spots or bottom lines they will definitely give you some push back. I would think INFPs, and most NPs, would despise feeling controlled or dominated... they may appear 'submissive' at times when in all actuality I think many want to be in control... at least over themselves.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ENFJ's, are givers. So they would probably be first to enjoy being submissive to please their partner. Problem is I cannot date them, they tend to be clingy and emotional.

Hahha .. yes truth is I do enjoy being the submissive...

in a way I try to be ---

knowing how to be around people and help them with their inner depth .. can make me quite a bit of an 'influencer'.
So when it comes to me romantically I tend to not get so involved with the 'direction' of it all.

I'm sorry you see ENFJs like that .. but I can see how it would seem like that from the other side.

Te and Fe ------ so different!

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The ISFJ I knew in real life acted like ESTJ and the ENTJ I knew acted like ISFP.