• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Rant about Fi

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
Does anyone here dislike Fi as much as i do ? I mean i am not bothered so much by healthy Fi , (I kinda like INFP's because they are modest unlike other Fi users) unless they show too much of it, but unhealthy Fi gets on my nervers, its the worst thing for me.I know that by theory i am supposed to have very repressed Fi , so thats maybe the reason , but i dont dislike the *Fi values* so much , the thing i dislike the most is the Fi unreasonable love for the self.Unhealthy Fi users typically think they are so much better than everyone , its like they think they are descended from nobility or something like that.These people need to face reality and stop thinking they are so important.They need to realize that most of them who think they are so great , have done nothing of value , have nothing in their personality that makes them better than everyone else, they are worthless as i am and as most people are.

Especially unhealthy ISFPs and xSTJs suck , they think so highly of themselves and take things too seriously.

Now seriously though i envy that love for the self i wish i had it :(. Also i think i can give some advise to Fi users.
First of all you need to become more aware of your objective value as a human person , see your talents and your abilities and how they compare to others'.
a Fi user needs to have a sense of their objectice value because if they dont know or dont care about their objective value , they may go around pretending to be Marie antoinette like most unhealthy ISFP's do.
Also an advice for INFPs: Stop being weak and stand for yourself (i am not good at this either although a little better than you), also i have noticed that INFP's along with their best friends ESFJ's(Every INFP i have met has either a best friend ot bf/gf that is ESFJ,...every one of them) , tend to fall into the pointless cycle of drama where they fight with a friend then complain about it all the time and become friends again with that person later and then fight with another friend etc..I believe you get what i mean with that.The point isthat if you do this you need to stop that immediately and start focusing on more important things no matter how bored you are.
PS:sorry for my bad engrish

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Telling a Fi user that they need to do this and stop doing that is the perfect way to get them to not listen to you, haha.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh look another thread that applies all emotionally unhealthy behavior to Fi :dry:

Diablesse

:harhar:

Introverted Feeling (Fi) is a function that deals with the person’s own individual feelings and beliefs. Unlike Extraverted Feeling (Fe), which responds to the environment and others emotions, Introverted Feeling deals with morals and what the person truly believes. Introverted Feeling is more in depth and complex.

People with Introverted Feeling tend to be on a quest to figure out who they are and what they want out of life. Ideally, they would like everything they do to be in congruence with their personal believes. They want to live a life as true to themselves as possible.

The Fi user also wants to impact the world around them. They have a desire to express themselves and make an impact.

Introverted Feeling is constantly taking in the world around them. They filter it out through a lens of “good/bad” or “this is me/this isn’t me.” An introverted feeler is very self aware of who they are and their place in the world.

A problem with Introverted Feeling is that it can hinder personal growth. Fi can shut down new experiences that go against who they are as a person. Instead of doing something and taking the time to assess the situation later, they may become stubborn and refuse to try new experiences.

An Fi user would be wise to develop their Extraverted Intuition or Extraverted Sensing to allow them to just let go and experience the world without preconceived judgment. Doing this will help paint a more accurate picture of the outside world, as well as allow the user to discover more about themselves that they might not have known before.

Introverted Feeling also develops close attachment to people, things, and places. Fi takes a considerable amount of time to form these bonds, but each day they grow stronger. Fe typically forms bonds much quicker, but the emotions do not tend to run as deep as Fi.

Check out more Cognitive Function descriptions:

Cognitive Functions

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
:harhar:

Introverted Feeling (Fi) is a function that deals with the person’s own individual feelings and beliefs. Unlike Extraverted Feeling (Fe), which responds to the environment and others emotions, Introverted Feeling deals with morals and what the person truly believes. Introverted Feeling is more in depth and complex.

People with Introverted Feeling tend to be on a quest to figure out who they are and what they want out of life. Ideally, they would like everything they do to be in congruence with their personal believes. They want to live a life as true to themselves as possible.

The Fi user also wants to impact the world around them. They have a desire to express themselves and make an impact.

Introverted Feeling is constantly taking in the world around them. They filter it out through a lens of “good/bad” or “this is me/this isn’t me.” An introverted feeler is very self aware of who they are and their place in the world.

A problem with Introverted Feeling is that it can hinder personal growth. Fi can shut down new experiences that go against who they are as a person. Instead of doing something and taking the time to assess the situation later, they may become stubborn and refuse to try new experiences.

An Fi user would be wise to develop their Extraverted Intuition or Extraverted Sensing to allow them to just let go and experience the world without preconceived judgment. Doing this will help paint a more accurate picture of the outside world, as well as allow the user to discover more about themselves that they might not have known before.

Introverted Feeling also develops close attachment to people, things, and places. Fi takes a considerable amount of time to form these bonds, but each day they grow stronger. Fe typically forms bonds much quicker, but the emotions do not tend to run as deep as Fi.

Check out more Cognitive Function descriptions:

Cognitive Functions

Yes i know that already :p.
A thing that the Fi descriptions have wrong though is that Fi judges things based on interval values .IMO this is wrong , fi judges things based on like/dislike and that is the core aspect of it.
Fi is applied differently to abstract and literal things.The more abstract something is the more prone is Fi to elevate their Fi judgments about it to Objective values.And the less abstract something is the more prone is Fi to think of them as subjective opinions of themselves.
So Fi sees objective values when it judges abstract concepts (like war , hunger , etc) and subjective opionions(likes/dislikes) when it judges not so abstract things (like style of clothing etc).Thats why INFP's care more about values than ISFP's because INFP's are more likely to use their Fi to judge abstract concepts (Maybe it has do with Fi/Si too ?? i dont know) , while ISFP's use their Fi mostly in subjective things (like style , beauty etc..) thats why ISFP express mostly their subjective tastes , while INFP's tend to express mostly their *objective* values that apply to all.

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny. 'Cause Fe annoys me. I think you all need to learn to be a little less "objective" because that's just another way to say you're:

1. Too stupid/scared to come up with your own value system and rely on "wiser" people to do that for you. Like organized religion or whatever societal rules exist in your area.

2. Highly judgemental of anyone that steps outside those rules, like people who are new to that environment or were raised with different values.

Doesn't feel good, does it? Maybe try not to make broad sweeping generalizations even when it's only the unhealthy people that bother you. Oh wait, Ne-dom. That's why you do that.

WHAT I ACTUALLY MEAN:
The point of all this was merely a dose of your own medicine. I'm not actually interested in debating Fi vs Fe or any other function. I'm interested in people not being bullies to people who share my type but are unhealthy. If they are unhealthy, you kicking them for being down will only make it worse. Maybe let Fi doms who are healthy help Fi doms who aren't, instead of giving them "life lessons" to be unhealthy in your type's way.

Last edited:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unhealthy Fi users typically think they are so much better than everyone , its like they think they are descended from nobility or something like that..

Are you sure?

Diablesse

Are you sure?

I'm going to share my life experience to illustrate. I had a freind I worked with she was an enneagram type 2 Esfj, self-reportedly hawkish, she compared herself to a hawk and said I was a hippie dove and that we were different/opposites attract and the reason we would make good freinds. She was a republican who believed in gun rights, and concealed and carried a handgun. I am a democrat by nature and pro-gun control don't believe people need to carry guns (I am not interested in getting into any debates on this, to each their own, I have gone round and round with my drunken brother on the issue and he has not managed to convince me to change my values). I have not one time in my life had a need for a gun. Anyway, I have a live and let live attitude so if she believes in conceal and carry, that's fine with me.

Well, we ended up spending time together for a few weekends (since she decided to make me her new best freind) and after spending one particular weekend with her where she parked her car in the wrong spot and had the misfortune of having her vehicle towed during a college football game near my daughters house and watching her have a freak attack, foam at the mouth, and talk down to every single towing company she contacted attempting to locate her car and ultimately threatening to shoot the tow truck full of bullets (since she thinks she is such a bad ass with her gun) after having located her vehicle I decided that she was too much and distanced myself from her. I never ended up telling her why because I didn't see any reason why I should.

I am down to earth, kindhearted, and easy-going. I don't feel the need to treat people as if they are beneath me. As far as I was concerned the tow company was only doing its job and there was no reason for her to be haughty, aggressive, and threatening when attempting to find her car. I even paid for half of her tow bill because I was the one who told her it would be okay to park where she did because I didn't know during football games the particular place she chose to park was a tow-away zone. I understand its frusterating to have your car towed unexpectedly, but its not like she had anywhere she absolutely needed to be that evening and was not pressed for time. In my eyes, it was an inconvenience and while I understand why she felt upset I had difficulty with the way she handled the situation. In between having spent the day with her and the towing incident (which spanned two hours) I felt drained and exhausted and could not bring myself to speak during the ride to her house afterwards.

So, ime, those with Fi don't think of themselves as better than the next person. Fi, expresses itself as understanding of differences, accepting, and empathetic. She thought we would get along well because I was a laidback and peaceful, calm Perciever and she thought she could bulldoze over me with her hawkish, bossy, Judging preference.

;)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love Fi.

Most Fi types have this warmth and authenticity about them, no matter where it is in their stack.
Of course, any unhealthy type is going to be unbearable.

I actually feel that way about Fe blindly applied without context. Every situation doesn't require a hug everytime. :unsure:

At the end of the day, though, that Fe user is doing what they are hardwired to do for the most part. Like my ENFJ buddy. When talking about himself, the way he describes himself seems so plastic and fake to me, because most of his answers involved how it affectedothers, not himself. But I have to respect the guy- he genuinely lives his life, and that's all my tert Fi asks- to do you.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How would TJs, who of course have Fi in their stacking, not focus on evaluating things objectively? This makes no sense, especially for the ExTJs.

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
How would TJs, who of course have Fi in their stacking, not focus on evaluating things objectively? This makes no sense, especially for the ExTJs.

It makes sense , they just turn it off and switch to inferior fi when the criticism is directed at their selves. (I am talking about unhealthy Fi users)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It makes sense , they just turn it off and switch to inferior fi when the criticism is directed at their selves. (I am talking about unhealthy Fi users)
I think I get it. So you're talking about Fi at its worst, and saying that you hate it when it's at its worst, and trying to define Fi in general and Fi at its worst? I could get behind that.

Diablesse

Extraverted Thinking is also found in the tertiary function of ENFPs and ESFPs. When these types have developed the function more, they are able to quickly make decisions and organize their environment. ENFPs and ESFPs with highly developed Te tend take make good managers and their decision making skills pair well with their strong interpersonal skills.

Extraverted Thinking (Te)

Diablesse

Lol, I am just an old lady. And this thread has helped clarify questions I have had in my mind for years.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A thing that the Fi descriptions have wrong though is that Fi judges things based on interval values .IMO this is wrong , fi judges things based on like/dislike and that is the core aspect of it.
Fi is applied differently to abstract and literal things.The more abstract something is the more prone is Fi to elevate their Fi judgments about it to Objective values.And the less abstract something is the more prone is Fi to think of them as subjective opinions of themselves.
So Fi sees objective values when it judges abstract concepts (like war , hunger , etc) and subjective opionions(likes/dislikes) when it judges not so abstract things (like style of clothing etc).Thats why INFP's care more about values than ISFP's because INFP's are more likely to use their Fi to judge abstract concepts (Maybe it has do with Fi/Si too ?? i dont know) , while ISFP's use their Fi mostly in subjective things (like style , beauty etc..) thats why ISFP express mostly their subjective tastes , while INFP's tend to express mostly their *objective* values that apply to all.
War and hunger seem quite concrete to me - probably to those experiencing them as well. Fashion styles or beauty standards, on the other hand, seem much more abstract. Not a particular item of clothing or hairstyle, but the idea of what makes a coherent and recognizeable style.

If you want the sort of abstraction that isn't written off as a matter of personal taste, consider concepts like justice, success, the social contract, etc. Discussion of these often does look more objective, and can (and should) make use of the methods of logic and reason. These are just processes, though, and require sound inputs to reach sound conclusions. An essential input is one's values. For an Fi-user, these will come more from within than without.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes i know that already :p.

So, to an INFP "we" are awesome. To an ISFP "I" am awesome.