• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, would you consider yourself liberal, conservative, moderate, or indifferent?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Libertarian

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
My views most closely align with anarchist and libertarian.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably most will respond as libertarians. I identify with liberal values, but I think that the world would be better off without politics in general.. well, I guess that kind of goes without saying for a lot of people.
If we're to have a government, I would hope there's a leader who actually cares for his/her people, and that corruption doesn't somehow factor in. I tend to see democrats as more concerned with common good, so I'll usually side with such candidates.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well we can break it down by issues:

War on Terror? Nope, bullshit.
Drugs? Yes for recreational use
Abortion? Yes should be allowed but don't make everyone pay for it.
Evolution? Yep, it's real
Man-made global warming a huge problem? Nah
Religion? Not religious myself but should be freely practiced(or not practiced) and stay separated from the state.
Universal government healthcare? No
Welfare? No
Gay marriage? Yes
Guns? Yes
Republican or Democrat? The Easter bunny

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Somewhat moderate conservative with some libertarian leanings.

Almost the mirror of what he said.

Somewhat (or slightly) moderate liberal with libertarian leanings on certain issues.

That probably doesn't make sense considering people usually place Libertarianism to the far right on scales, but I think in some ways it transcends left and right.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I defy such simplisitic categorization, and I suspect many people do, at least those who bother to think about politics and are not indifferent. When it comes to individual rights, I'm quite libertarian. Socially, I'm quite liberal/progressive. Economically I try to balance the fiscal responsibiity of conservatives with the liberal idea of a reliable safety net for those who are vulnerable. I see one of the greatest roles of government as keeping the playing field as level as possible, then getting out of people's way so they can play their best.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Left liberal.

War on Terror? I'm anti-war. War should be a very last resort. We should spend less on the military and withdraw more troops.
Drugs? Marijuana should be legalized but not some of the 'harder drugs.' Less stiff sentences for those using/possessing illegal drugs. Rehabilitate them rather than lock them up.
Abortion? Yes, I may not personally approve of your decision but I believe it's the mother's choice. As far as paying for the mother's abortion goes-- yes in cases of life or health of the mother, rape, and incest. Others on a case-by-case basis.
Evolution? Yes, it should be taught in schools. Yes, I believe in it.
Man-made global warming a huge problem? Yes. Stop denying scientific evidence.
Religion? Believe in the separation of church and state. Believe in the freedom of religion. No one should be discriminated based on religion. If churches want to discriminate against people of a different religion that's their perogative.
Universal government healthcare? I'm all for it. Better yet, make more healthcare free. No one should go broke or financially insecure because of medical condition beyond their control.
Welfare? Yes, some level of welfare is needed for the downtrodden but I could also see how people could abuse the privilege. Give some welfare but also teach others to help themselves.
Gay marriage? Yes. And lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, questioning, pansexual, and whatever groups I failed to mention here.
Guns? I believe people should have the right to own a gun but there should be some screening process to assure gun owners aren't some murderous psychopath and are mentally stable people.
Republican or Democrat? I'm not officially affiliated with any political party but I do vote Democrat most of the time since my beliefs most closely align with that party.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm old and less ideological these days. I vote Democrat and I'm definitely a liberal re: social policy.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Some issues I'm conservative, libertarian, and liberal. I'm not sure if this makes someone liberal or conservative. I see liberal as relating to progress, whereas conservatives are more interested in preserving the past. I'm very interested in preserving articles, culture.

I believe I am more left leaning, than right leaning however.

On the typical issues:

War-only for necessity

Abortion-IMO Not wanting a child is a perfectly valid reason for having an abortion

Evolution-come on....this is 2015. What kind of ludicrous person believes Jesus rode dinosaurs and further that this should be taught as a legitimate subject in school? LMAO...teach that on your own time.

Separation of church and state is a given and in the constitution

Guns-Own them and enjoy them, but keep them the fck away from me.

Gay marriage- Again this is a given. Their adults, who cares what they do to each other. I don't understand why other people are not allowed the benefits offered in a marriage contract. I think they should be offered to anyone you choose. We should all be able to make contracts with each other.

I'm kind of sick of Republicans telling full grown adult human beings what to do and how to act. No one likes to be scrutinized.

Republican v democrat-Democrats definitely win over Republicans. The Republican party has been hijacked by people who think we should go back to the 19th century. I don't have time for this.

Universal health care- The concept is wonderful and should be something we strive for as a society. Unfortunately the idea causes so much hideous anger in people that I can't imagine it ever working out in this day and age. So hopefully one day in the future we will find a solution that will allow us to have universal health care and still offer private health insurance for those who wish for it.

*I have epilepsy and the idea of not being able to have access to my medication is a scary thought. However, there are plenty of people who have been living with this reality for as long as people have been around. Many of those people have died, many of them can't function in reality, and many of them are not even eligible for medicaid, food stamps, or disability. Obviously there is a flaw in our system that needs to be remedied.

Welfare-only for necessity. I'm kind of tired of seeing people come into my store with food stamps and no job and live more luxuriously than I do. If you are too poor to afford food, why are you buying cigarettes and beer? If you're too poor to afford food, why are you purchasing potato chips and soda? (No they are not cheaper than real food.) Too many undeserving people obtain welfare simply because they crapped out a few kids. Many of them claim to be single with children when they actually live with their significant other and bring in a joint income. I think people need to stop using their kids as an excuse to get food stamps. If you can't take care of your kids, they should be taken away. That should be incentive to get a fcking job. That way, the welfare you're taking from the needy can be given to...the needy.

Drug addiction needs to be eradicated. I'm not convinced that legalizing drugs is going to do the job. Some of these people need a good kick in the ass.

Tiresias

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Libertarian. Rules are helpful to an extent, but rules should not be so powerful that they cede all power to the government. Government by the people and for the people is a positive thing, however it has been severely corrupted by those who seek control.