User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I was thinking about opening this thread.

From what I see, it can work in theory. But only if they are both balanced.

ENFP can come in many versons (strenght of the letters) and always things will be somehow solved in the end. (probably)

But in the case where INTJ is very INTJ this combination is doomed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    It seems to me that the ENFP embodies a similar abstract nature to the INTJ. The INTJ shoots through ideas like lightning- I could never win an argument with an INTJ because I would never be prepared enough. This probably means that I do not understand any subject that requires a lot of contemplation as well as the INTJ. This truth completely deflates me, and I am more jealous of this type than any other. I think that an INTJ may be attracted to or at least curious about the ENFP's thinking plans and order are unnecessary. INTJ's, I hope you read this and give some input.

I want to find a nice INTJ girl and help her fulfill her vision!

Booooooo! Everything about your post makes me cringe, but I admire you for posting it. It takes serious balls to be that honest, and so you rock. Nevertheless, the last thing you wrote completely goes against my definition of a healthy relationship. You guys have to mutually empower eachother. If you feel incapable of "beating" an INTJ in an argument, help her to help you beat her.

I have found that by default I fall into the same spot you're in now... just skimming the surface and not having enough facts to back up my arguments... BUT if you put in the tiniest bit of effort (and really, it doesn't take much effort at all) to look into one of your opinions for holes and patch them up, you'll find yourself sounding oh so smart and confident. You'll kick Ms. INTJ's arse. Take those enormous guts of yours (no pun intended... not that it would apply to you or anything... nevermind) and put it into some research. You go guy! Yeah! Woohoo! OK, I'm done.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

From the perspective of an ENFP:
    OK, Ne dominated ENFP won't go well with Mr./Ms. INTJ. Ideally, ENFP will have good use of Te and INTJ will be fluent in Fi. Then they will make a kick-ass team.

Also, the ENFP should be cognisant of their tendencies to over-react to things, to take things too personally, etc. This way, they'll be somewhat immune (emotionally) to INTJ's less flattering comments/ suggestions, and so can benefit from the different perspective. For the more social ENFPs, having a solid friend base to turn to will be essential for the differing social needs.

So, while that was entirely off topic, and I have no relationship experience whatsoever, those are what I predict to be the necessary elements for a rewarding INTJ/ENFP relationship on the part of the ENFP. Otherwise, they (ENFPs) may just be the INTJ's entertainment akin to a talking doll, and that's super lame (ie. the ENFP doesn't get anything out of it).

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Also how the hell is an ENFP going to help an INTJ with their goals?
    I hope you aren't serious! Any human being is capable of helping any other human being - type doesn't have anything to do with it! I should have said though: "to help her vision become realized." Goals aren't my forte, but helping is.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post

I got the vibe that your post was generally "I suck, INTJs don't. I want an INTJ so I can make them even better."
    Yeah, I should have put more thought into this post. I don't think I suck, though- but I frequently wonder what life is like in others' shoes. The reason I praise INTJs is not because they are actually better, but because I do not really understand Ni, and I'd like to think that I'm able to. Edit: understanding Ni only in theory is unsatisfactory!) My only brother is an INTJ. He drives me NUTS and vise versa.

I didn't claim to be able to make someone better- my post was meant to imply that I could fill in a lot of the gaps that an INTJ would have, not that I would cause them to change. And I stick by this- I have often thought about my brother: how can someone be so smart, but still not "get it?" The abstract thought is what's so appealing, but he won't ever be able to turn it outward, and I suppose I could never connect ideas in the way he does, though that is more difficult to see.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Otherwise, they (ENFPs) may just be the INTJ's entertainment akin to a talking doll, and that's super lame (ie. the ENFP doesn't get anything out of it).
    It's usually the other way around.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's usually the other way around.
    This is the duality I'm talking about! I would side with the ENFP that you quoted 100% (I really can't see it any other way, after all, INTJ's aren't the MOST entertaining) but I bet a lot of INTJs would agree with you. Theres a strong polarity and the other type may be difficult to understand.

EDIT: Ok, you probably meant that an INTJ wouldn't get anything out of that relationship. That makes a little more sense, but is a shame.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Well I think an ENFP friendship would be... constructive. Both parties would gain something.

I just don't think I could personally handle being in a long term relationship with an extroverted person. I am assuming this I have to admit. But anyway the people whom I am attracted to romantically are people who I see as long term relationship material.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

When I sport-argue with my ENFP friend, he

a) gives up easily
    b) assumes my points are valid before thinking them through clearly
    c) lets me misdirect him with a side-issue when he's on to one of the holes in my argument

He could easily "win" more often if he simply harped on a single point and supported it well instead of tangenting all over the place and going for breadth of argument.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Sometimes ENFPs give the illusion of 'agreeing' when in fact they don't. At times, it's only to preserve friendships/peacefulness on our part, because no matter what, people are entitled to their own opinions. Doesn't mean they're right.

Being that we're high-spirited we tend to brush these little things off and try to move onto other subjects of interest as to *not* kill the mood. At least that's how I am. =P