User Tag List

First 456

Banned
    MBTI
    type

When I was five, my mind was very open, but I've learned, analyzed, and come to conclusions for about twenty-five years since then, so good luck fighting your way in now.

MBTI
    INTJ

I happy to read your original post. I am INTJ - or at least all the tests say I am - but am into the mystical/metaphysical. That makes two of us at least.

But most NTs I run into will not concider believing in something that cannot be proven. The responses to this post seem to reinforce that.

It seems to me like a high N would make some one more likely to be open to the possibility, but this does not seem to be the case.

Ilah

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hi all

I spend a fair amount of my life among other rationalists, my boss is one, and various other people around my work who are very influencial, along with a few suppliers....

I know science is generally a good thing, but these dudes seem to be rather em, er, closed minded to the more "out of there" topics....

I have read up a fair bit on astrology, can chart, predict etc. My boss and various others think it's all hokey. You should hear him when I try and get him to even consider the topic of fairies or elfs or anything (LOL), he just wont even go there.... LOL

Surely being rational means reading up enough to make an informed decision, rather than simply writing stuff off based on no knoweldge what so ever...

Ok My line on fairys is generally around well if you can't prove they don't exsist surely one should consider it. Ok that whole subject area is a little tounge in cheek but there are so many other main stream subject he is just closed off to. I did mange to get him to an accupuncturist at one point.

Intersting that JK rowling, when she wrote Hermoine Granger and Looney Lovegood, she was drawing parallels to Hermoineys text book learning v's Luna's more creeative thinking, which in book 7 was proven to be more accurate than the closed mindedness of Hermonie..... OK I may be over thinking this a little.

Interested to ehar you NT's thought and those who watch em....

Lis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I actually thought I'd posted a response to this already. I think I'm somewhere around 49.5N, but it's hard to say, as where I live isn't listed. That's probably as accurate as I'll get, unless I can find a more accurate map.
    Haha, I'm a little late too I guess. You shoudn't have trouble seeing that constellation; although, it is getting closer to the sun now. I think I might take a look this weekend...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hi all

I spend a fair amount of my life among other rationalists, my boss is one, and various other people around my work who are very influencial, along with a few suppliers....

I know science is generally a good thing, but these dudes seem to be rather em, er, closed minded to the more "out of there" topics....

I have read up a fair bit on astrology, can chart, predict etc. My boss and various others think it's all hokey. You should hear him when I try and get him to even consider the topic of fairies or elfs or anything (LOL), he just wont even go there.... LOL
    LOL
    Surely being rational means reading up enough to make an informed decision, rather than simply writing stuff off based on no knoweldge what so ever...
    Yes, that's true. You've gotten me curious. Can you refer me to any notable texts you've on elves? I haven't found any, and I have a paper due by the end of the semester.

My teachers are the same way

Ok My line on fairys is generally around well if you can't prove they don't exsist surely one should consider it.
    Yeah dude. I'm with you.
    I can't prove that global warming isn't true, so I'm going to spend the next four years donating regularly to my local studies for the remedies.

Or what about black holes. No one's ever seen them. How do we know they're there? Maybe it's actually a man in a black cloak standing with a hookshot drawing in everything in reach. How do we know?

I've heard something about these mathematicians... they say they can prove it, but they didn't see! They don't KNOW.