User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I know from personal experience my INTJ dad is immediately and extremely dismissive of anything that can not be measured, his favorite term is "deliverables". It seems as though the only subjects he will elaborate on are those with a strong systematical scientific rooting, if not he will be quick to mention the lack of actual research to support the claim.
    I will hear someone out. If they have a valid point, why not? Yet, if it can't be proven through certain methods I will definitely dismiss it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am an absolute sceptic. I am even open to the possibility that I am not an ESFJ.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    As an ntj I am absolutely open to the possibilities of just about anything. However I do not wish to waste energy on anything that is not deemed useful to my objectives. As I have grown older my objectives have grown thus opening me up to various subjects and ideas. With the infinite what ifs that exist within life I find I am much happier and utilize my energy much more sucessfully by focusing on the areas of interest to me. I think an ntp would be more likely to analyze/ruminate on things such as fairies. For me its more like who gives a #$%#.
    +1 !!
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Do you have good Southern sky exposure, The Archer dips pretty low at that latitude (I'm a little above 51 and it's a pain sometimes if you have a hill or lots of trees in the way).
    I live on the Prairies. I've got nothing but sky exposure. And fields.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

NTs are more open-minded than the general population. Intuition is associated with high Openness and that factor governs oneís positive reception to new ideas. How open one is would be dependent on not only oneís type but on oneís personal stats, whether someone is 50-51% on the Sensing-Intuition dichotomy for instance. Dominant Intuitives such as INTJs and ENTPs are generally rather open minded, though INTJs may appear less open minded than they actually are since they communicate with their extraverted function, Te. Rationals also have a tendency to point out the flaws in a belief system whether they believe it or not, simply in a form of mental exercise, so some your coworkers may very well believe many of your ideas but simply arenít stating it blatantly.

Iím personally open to just about anything, though Iíll rank specific ideas and concepts based on their probability in light of the available evidence. That does not, however, disqualify ideas with a lack of evidence but simply leaves them in a limbo of ambiguity: the status of chance that they might be true but that they equally might not be. I am a believer in ESP due in large part to the Rhine experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Oh, I can consider them if I like, but generally speaking, the only scenerio I can come up with that would make their existence plausible is if they never show themselves, never affect anything and never really take an interest in what we people do, so entertaining the thought of their existence on a day-to-day basis seems like a waste of time considering that criteria. If it doesn't affect me, why should I care?
    If an organism as large as the Megamouth shark could remain undetected until 1976, is it really so unbelievable for a fairy, something not only small but in some descriptions, ethereal in nature, to go unobserved until now? The giant panda wasnít discovered until 1869 and the Mountain Gorilla still later in 1902. Would you honestly say that these animals can have no effect on humanity or that you couldnít care less about their existence?
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I live on the Prairies. I've got nothing but sky exposure. And fields.
    You shouldn't have trouble then. How close are you to 50? North of 49 or south?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    If an organism as large as the Megamouth shark could remain undetected until 1976, is it really so unbelievable for a fairy, something not only small but in some descriptions, ethereal in nature, to go unobserved until now? The giant panda wasnít discovered until 1869 and the Mountain Gorilla still later in 1902. Would you honestly say that these animals can have no effect on humanity or that you couldnít care less about their existence?
    The biggest problem with it is 'ethereal in nature'. There are a lot of animals that people have traditionally attributed 'magic' and that is consistently unfounded. If these small creatures have 'magic' that makes them not only invisible but also intangible, well... we're going to have such a hard time finding them that they may as well be negligible. We haven't found any other animals that can do this. Why start now?

Another problem with so many cryptozoology animals is that so many places insist that there is only one. This seems a bit impossible, especially if people are still claiming to 'see' them in these places. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if there were, well, a lot of them? So they could, you know, reproduce? That's a part of the myth, that there is only one, so that people feel special for seeing it (or any sticks and branches that sort of look like it.)

There are too many people who want to believe that it'd be too difficult for these things to be proven, especially because the people who aren't believers tend to think it's a waste of time. Nobody would be impartial enough to do it.

However, if we do find a hairy species of humanoid primates who walk on two feet and live in the Yukon, then by all means, call them Homo Sasquatch. It's just that I guarantee, they will be a week-long blip on the news and that place will be a tourist spot for a few years, and what used to be wonder about what could be out there will be replaced with a bit of useless trivia.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

I didn't read all this, so I apologize if I'm repeating or not quite on subject.

P types in general are very open-minded because informations-gathering is a continual process, up to the very last second. They wait until faced with a situation to make a decision, rather than seek out situations that support their decision.

Why is this?

ENTP, INTP, ENFP,INFP:
    use Ne and Ti/Fi, meaning they gather external information with Ne and evaluate the information with Ti or Fi.

ESTP, ISTP, ESFP and ISFP:
    use Se and Ti/Fi, meaning they gather external information with Se and evaluate the information with Ti or Fi.

Because their information gather function is oriented in the external world, which they know they cannot control, they readily change decisions based on continuous incoming information.

J-types use Si or Ni, supported by Fe or Te. The information gathering process for J-types is base on the internal world, which is governed by their past experience/knowledge. Their decisions create or seek-out external situations, while their information-gathering process serves as an internal guide.

I like ideas that I don't understand. Yet I dislike philosophy because its lack of praticality.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    How many translation sites are you going through?

just da 1.....