User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 102

Thread: INTJ flirting

  1. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1

    Default

    dancing with swords

    i likes, it's the chloroform that's so damn expensive

  2. #72
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I don't really know when people are flirting with me or telling me what I want to hear. I usually doubt sincerity. I get these sorts of comments on MySpace all the time. It usually indicates that people want something from me. Because when I go out in public, no one seems to take notice of me.

    Even my mother tells me what I want to hear: that I'm a creative, intelligent out-of-the-box thinker. But I can never be sure if she really means that or she's just kissing my ass so that I leave her alone.

  3. #73
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Flirting doesn't have to be about what people want from you; you get something out of it, too. Flirting makes you feel good about yourself. Think outside this box

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  4. #74
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Flirting doesn't have to be about what people want from you; you get something out of it, too. Flirting makes you feel good about yourself. Think outside this box
    Yes, I understand that. But the way it makes one feel good about him/herself is not always honest. Think of American Idol contestants (no, I do not watch the show, it's just that I overhear it when someone else is watching) who are flattered about what good singers people say they are, and then when they audition, they find out the truth.

    I think this world needs more people like Simon Cowell.

  5. #75
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yes, I understand that. But the way it makes one feel good about him/herself is not always honest. Think of American Idol contestants (no, I do not watch the show, it's just that I overhear it when someone else is watching) who are flattered about what good singers people say they are, and then when they audition, they find out the truth.

    I think this world needs more people like Simon Cowell.
    Flirting and AI are not the same thing. Flirting is connecting with another human being, not only with someone that finds YOU interesting, but with someone that YOU find interesting. From the perspective of an INTJ, it's rare I find someone that 'gets me' or whose wit and company I seek out; when it happens it is to be treasured. You take away a good feeling because of the connection; flattery doesn't have to enter into it - but if it does? If someoone tells me I'm witty or quick with a come back that increases MY estimation of them; I know myself and I know what I am and what I am not. Because the alternative I'll hear is "Oh, that was mean, you should be more sensitive".

    Having someone tell you you're a great singer when you are in fact tone deaf, isn't flirting. And the world does need more people like Simon Cowell.

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  6. #76
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Flirting and AI are not the same thing. Flirting is connecting with another human being, not only with someone that finds YOU interesting, but with someone that YOU find interesting. From the perspective of an INTJ, it's rare I find someone that 'gets me' or whose wit and company I seek out; when it happens it is to be treasured. You take away a good feeling because of the connection; flattery doesn't have to enter into it - but if it does? If someoone tells me I'm witty or quick with a come back that increases MY estimation of them; I know myself and I know what I am and what I am not. Because the alternative I'll hear is "Oh, that was mean, you should be more sensitive".

    Having someone tell you you're a great singer when you are in fact tone deaf, isn't flirting. And the world does need more people like Simon Cowell.
    I have a theory that Sensors are more likely to be tone deaf, but also more likely to memorize the actual lyrics. (And most people I know are very off-key when singing, but fine at memorizing lyrics.)

    An Intuitive, who tends to capture the essence of things, will be more keen on memorizing the tone of music, since the Intuitive is more interested in background perception, which is part of Jung's definition of the Intuitive. Intuitives tend to perceive the emotional subtleties of things.

  7. #77
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Have I mentioned that I am tone deaf?

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  8. #78
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Have I mentioned that I am tone deaf?
    Oh, so much for that theory, then.

  9. #79
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I can't believe this was brought up: Isn't flirting technically sexual harassment?

    And what on Earth is the point of flirting with spouses? You're already stuck with them!

  10. #80
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I can't believe this was brought up: Isn't flirting technically sexual harassment?

    And what on Earth is the point of flirting with spouses? You're already stuck with them!
    1. No, because sexual harassment has to be unwanted attention (and is virtually impossible to charge in court).

    2. fun. That's the point of the whole thing, imo. I've flirted with people who I was barely even attracted to just for the hell of it (well, I've done it for tips too, but that's a dif. story).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:10 AM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO